Which villian can you relate to?

Krozee

Previously on Lost
Reaction score
To me, a great villian for a movie is one that you can relate to. I think the most relatable villians are Sandman and Venom.

With Venom, I willing to bet everyone has been humiliated by someone, and you just wanted revenge.

With Sandman, I'm pretty sure any parent would do whatever it takes to save their children.

So I'm just curious to see what villian is most relatable to you guys, and keep in mind this isn't a thread for bashing Spider-Man 3.

None of them. However, I've had some of the best times of my life seeing things from their point of view while writing. I was going to elaborate, but, well, I might sound a bit psychotic describing the things I've had GG do.

Well I have that same kind of sarcastic smart-assness as Eddie Brock did. Like Eric Forman lol.

So Venom. If I had the costume and his issues, that's exaclty how I'd be.

Eddie Brock is one of the most sympathetic villains that's for sure. I love the Columbine kid example that's been going around- I forgot who stated that first Topher, Raimi, Arad? But, I can really see that.

But, I relate most to Sandman. I think every father, even though I'm not a father does... he's not a bad guy, he's only trying to save his daughter's life in the only way he knows how. He doesn't want to hurt people either. He is upset that the police are firing their guns, he screams "no"- but they don't hear him, thus that is the reason for the sandstorm he creates... to prevent them from shooting their guns and possibly getting people killed- think about it, the cops are shooting straight through him and one of these bullets could crash into a window and kill someone. He's not a bad guy. Hell, he even held off from hurting Peter and tried to tell him to go their first encounter. The only reason he joined Sandman was because Spider-Man attempted to kill him, which was a rash move given that Sandman really didn't do that much to him (he did kill Uncle Ben, but he was horrified by that... and has been living in guilt about that accident ever since).

I think I'm like Venom

I can't relate to any of the villains, to be honest.

If anyone, I can relate to Peter Parker/Spider-Man ... But he's not a villain ... So, yeah ...

venom, because i had this black ooze fall on top of me at a church one day and i havent been the same since...

I relate mostly to Peter Parker/Spider-man but if I had to choose a villain itd be Dr.Ock. He was doing a science experiment for a good cause but it turned lethal and created a monster instead. I think that the only way Id actually turn to 'villain' status in a comic book world...or maybe GG's way, the drugs messing up his brain and giving him DID

Venom for me, I've been down his road.

Harry, no question. He was the only one with any sort of real motivation or character.

Definitely Venom. I have the teeth, the tongue, and even the eyes. Man was I one ugly baby. :oldrazz:

Lol. I really can't relate to any of them actually, maybe Doc Ock, cause I too have a dream...to some extent.

Green Goblin. He took a risk in order to save his career and it ended up destroying his life. He had a big problem with putting his professional life over his family.

Harry, although "villain" doesn't quite fit him. "Anti-hero" yes, "villain" not so much.

Harry because I'm going out with my best friend's exgirlfriend, and I'd love to kick his ass after what he's done to me... But Venom too, because I'm sarcastic, and I'd be the same way.

Harry, Ock, and Sandman are all understandable with their motivations.

I'm more of a Peter Parker/Spidey guy, but for villian I'd have to say Harry/New Goblin . with Venom in second

I am more around how eddie feels, emotionally. You just want revenge and a little piece of the action like everyone else. If i had the ooze fall on me, I would act the same way. Every damn day until, the people that helped me get there were ended.

Venom.

I am a very big 'letting things get to me' guy...I can't shake things off as easily as others, so I'd be most like Eddie Brock I suppose. Although I probably wouldn't go the to extreme amounts of killing someone (like Eddie wants to rid of Parker)...I would definately give them what they deserve...or at least what I think they deserve. And if, only if, I had the powers of the symbiote/black suit (wouldn't that be sweet?!)...I would do much, MUCH more than get revenge. I'd probably become an anti-hero, so yep...most like Venom I am.

CAH

If I think about it, I'd be related to the Green Goblin. Just let the crazy side of me do what I'm not willing to do when I'm... 'healthy'. That means laughing my @ss off at everything, getting revenge from the people I hate and fly through the city in my glider :D

D!

I'm more like Peter Parker/Spider-man. but as a Villian I'm Venom. I have sometimes have anger that I want to unleash on People who pick on me and I want to teach them a lesson to never mess with me.

Sandman. If the only way to save a person you love, is to steal money, I'd probably do it as well.

I really like Venom, as you can obviously see, but he was nothing but a jerk in the movie, faked a picture and framed Spidey for something he didn't do. So he basically screwed his life himself.

Again as a few others have said, Spider-man. Trying to be a good role-model for others, and support others, without falling under is something I struggle with. I think I went with Doc Ock for the vote because he seemed like the most emotive villain in the franchise. I could believe him. I have a dream too, and maybe those dreams could twist me into something I no longer recognise and I'd have to face that and over-come it, like Doc Ock did in Spidey 2.

I'd say that I can relate to Sandman the best.

I still remember the time when the molecules of my body were fused with sand particles in a freak accident. Man, puberty was awkward.

Edit: I just noticed FatA$$ already did the joke. Now I feel dumb. Anyway I'd say a mix between Harry and Venom, but I'd probably lean towards Harry. I've had some people do and say some really messed up stuff to me, and if I had those kind of powers I definitely would seriously consider getting retribution...but then I'd realize that it would just wind up doing more bad than anything.

I find them all identifiable to some extent. We all have that dark side, and they all have motivation for what they're doing.

Brock the most probably. I've been really jealous in the past, resented people I've felt have scorned me... even if it was just by luck of the draw. He represents to me what it'd be like to let every angry, hatefull, jealous, spitefull thought in your head take over and consume you.

Like many have said I identify with Peter more though. He's the only fictional character I've ever truly identified with. In a way Peter is the man I wish I was, and Eddie is the man I'm afraid to become.

So let's just say I identify most with symbiote-Spidey. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"