Should SM3 be the last

comicgirl said:
I think 3 should be it...eventually, Hollywood is going to screw it up

Too late, hollywood botched it from exactly the moment peter parker uttured his 1st sentence.. :o

spiderfan08 said:
i am not sure. i guess if everybody wants to stop, they should stop. but i would like to see some more spider-man movies. i don't care if they are by a different director and different actors. so yes i would like to see more spidey movies but don't care who does it.

i also have to say that spider-man can go more than 3. i know batman and superman couldn't but they are dc movies. marvel, i think, has a bigger fan base and will get more people to come see the movie.
the two most popular superheroes that everybody knows about are Superman and Batman, so don't give me that ****. also, i don't want more than a trilogy. 3 films just works perfectly.

I don´t care about superman or batman.Spider-Man is equally popular nowadays,so it would make the 3 most popular characters.If S-M3 is good,bring on the fourth film.:spidey:

Wesyeed said:
studios are funny.

Batman's crappy sequels happened despite Superman's crappy sequels existing.

The Matrix trilogy debacle happened despite Back to the future trilogy existing.

So I feel inclined to agree wholeheartedly. They never pay attention to history.

How is that funny? Studios care about cash, not quality. Batman and Superman movies make a lot of money. And no-one tries to make a bad film, it's just very hard to make a good film. It's very hard to make a film, period.

I don't think this cast and crew will return after Spiderman 3. I could see it being created by differnet people after 3. Another triolgy, another cast and crew.

Mr. Socko said:
I don't think this cast and crew will return after Spiderman 3. I could see it being created by differnet people after 3. Another triolgy, another cast and crew.

That's exactly what I expect...
Tobey, Kirsten, and Raimi will probably leave after this one. Certain actors will come back. I imagine J.K. Simmons and Rosemary and a few other supporting rolers would come back. Just need a new Director, Peter, and MJ.

Doesn't matter, a new director and cast sounds interesting after SM3. If the movies are good to the majority, if they can still crowd a theater, I say keep making them--like I really need to tell them that.:o

Mr. Socko said:

Bingo! Thats what I want and think should happen.

the thing is SM is sonys biggest(perhapes only)franchise without they are ****ed, so they will pusg for it to continue. why they didn't do what WB & nolan are plaining we will never no

Mr. Socko said:

I say take what's good about these movies,...move forward,and in a slightly different direction and make them better. Singer seems to be applying that philosophy to the Superman franchise. Take what worked and whatever weems to have liked to and keep going forward.

This would mean in the case of this franchise to me, to make the movies more about Peter's relationship with Spiderman and not MJ. I would love to for him to be more of a "man" and get in his head and hear his problems somehow the way we are privy to his thoughts in the comics. Not the wimp he is in these films. Maybe have him do contemplative voice overs while he's out and about and perfroming heroic deeds the way he does in the books. Not just intros and outros to the movie.

as long as rami stays, the movies will be great because he is the ultimate director

Mr. Socko said:

That´s what i think i´ts gonna happen:spidey:

^^^ indeed ^^^

Well see heres the thing eventually people are gonna get tired of Spider-man after say 4 or 5 movies

Besides if Spidey 3 has as much love as spidey 2 did than look for it to do not so good

I mean one reason Spider-man 2 did not make as much money as spidey 1 is b/c people though that the Mj parker love thing wasn't going to be a major factor in the sequel, well they were wrong

Which is why many people i know think spidey 2 as a chick flick

I believe spidey 2 didn´t make as much money as the first cos it was released in July.May is a stronger month for blockbusters like these:spidey:

I dont know if it should be but I have a feeling it will be atleast with the main actors involded in.

I say the Spider Man movies end ...

When Tobey leaves the suit. I dont like actors being replaced, specially the main one. They should wait quite a few years before jumping back on project.

well according to sony and marvel they want to do 6 all together.

http://channels.netscape.com/netcen...icle=20050725_entertainment_and_reviews_1.xml

The worst case of a different actor replacing the lead is obviously the batman movies. Which I'm sure no one wants. And of course usually the biggest argument for actors leaving a role is afraid of being type cast.

So what to you do to assure the actors stay? Why do some actors come back to rolls again and again and some do a movie once and say forget it?

I would like to play a little bit of a devil's advocate and say this. The movies thus far have been good. Very well done and so forth. but they haven't been "great". I've been reading Spider-man comics fro a very long time now and there are definetly area's where these movie are lacking. The wise cracks, spideys scientific mind, Showing of his ability to doge attacks because of his reflexes and spider-sense. But maybe bringing in some fresh faces would breath new life into the series and solve some of the issues. When the talk first started about Topher Grace playing ben reilly or possibly being a replacement for Tobey I thought that's dumb, but know that I've had time to think about it well, Maybe having an actor with more of a comedic back ground would be a better pick for spidey, somone that can come up with quips on his own and adlib a bit. Just a thought.

On a final note: For those who say comic books are for kids and that they suck. Obviously has not read many comics. Yes ocassionally there are some bad story arcs, but that comes with the teritory. A charcter that has been around for 43 years is ocassionally going to have a bad story. Besides comic book hereos how many characters have been written about for 50 + years.

And all you really need to do is point to batman begins. There is arguably a great movie. It seems to have appealed to both the comic book and non-comic book crowds. It also definetly answers a lot of the issues that comic book crowds had with the other 4 batman movies. If they didn't care about the comic book geeks they probably wouldn't of made such a good movie, or maybe never made another batman again.

GoldGoblin said:
Spidey movies can go stronger than three.

Yep. And there is so much more to expolre throught the Spiderman series.

Spider-Man has fought the most villians in Marvel history (that I know of) so theoretically you could do endless sequels w/out running out of material. However, they fxxxed up by not putting Gwen Stacy in the movie from the word go. The problen w/ sequels though is you're never guaranteed to get a quality movie.

SM-3 will not be the last, Sam Rami told me there are going to be 340579035034 movies.

Go figure.

I say keep going. I want to see Venom, The Vulture, Mysterio, Scorpion, The Lizard, Kraven etc.

Agreed...there are too many stories to tell. They would be wasting perfectly good character possibilities with the characters already set up. They have Lizard and Hobby/GG2 lined up already. I would love to see Venom, Vulture, Mysterio, Electro, Kraven, Scorpion, etc. Man, WAY too many classic villains to show off.

P.S. None of those classic villains include Chameleon! :D

Sir Granite said:
Agreed...there are too many stories to tell. They would be wasting perfectly good character possibilities with the characters already set up. They have Lizard and Hobby/GG2 lined up already. I would love to see Venom, Vulture, Mysterio, Electro, Kraven, Scorpion, etc. Man, WAY too many classic villains to show off.

P.S. None of those classic villains include Chameleon! :D

I'd disagree about the Chameleon one. I think a Chameleon/ Kraven duo would be excellent, with Kraven providing the action, and speeding up the pace, and Chameleon supplying the drama.

make it the last sony, thats all i ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"