The Amazing Spider-Man Should Spidey-3 be retconned?

They won't retcon it, but I don't think they will acknowledge Eddie Brock/Venom, Sandman killing Uncle Ben, Harry or the domestic assault of MJ.

Peter is still responsible for Uncle Ben's death. The gun that killed him went off when the original bad guy bumped into Flint Marko. So had Peter stopped the original bad guy, Ben would still be alive. They can easily gloss over Sandman's involvement.

Eddie Brock but didn't have enough of an effect on anyone to warrant mentioning again. The symbiote suit part was wrapped up too, so it doesn't need to be addressed.

They may show Harry's grave and mention him in passing, but they don't need to. This film can't feature goblins because they have been done in 2 or the three films.

As for Pete beating up MJ and acting like a twit, they implied forgiveness at the end of SM3 and can leave it at that. Though part of me really wants him to glare at her once and say "Watch your mouth or I'll smack you around like I did that time at the piano bar"

Raimi is all about story. Aside from the action, the first film dealth with "driving away those you love to protect them". SM2 was about "not quitting". SM3 was about forgiveness. Expect the non-action scenes here to focus on a theme somehow related to the villian. So if it's the Lizard, it might be "don't judge people by their appearance". I don't know, something like that.

symbiote suit part was wrapped up too, so it doesn't need to be addressed.
What's going to happen with the part that Connors still has? That needs to bae addressed in some way. I couldn't see Peter just ignoring it, knowing that it is there.

Oh well, I suppose the unique aspect of my thread is the poll.

Were also discussing several different types of retconning, not simply whether or not it should be retconned in general.

It also may be a good idea to keep this thread alive, as story details will soon be coming in.
Yeah, I know, I was thinking the same thing. Merge?
(Or just ignore the other one...)

Merging.

Next time, use the search function.

Retconning would be a stupid idea, methinks.

Last edited:
Many of the events in SM3 don't need referencing anyways. Peter and MJ have moved on. Harry and Norman are dead. And Uncle Ben, whether Sandman pulled the trigger, plays the same role in Peter's life. SM4 can go right into a new story without any hangups.

This has 6 pages of material...just, wow

:facepalm

Many of the events in SM3 don't need referencing anyways. Peter and MJ have moved on. Harry and Norman are dead. And Uncle Ben, whether Sandman pulled the trigger, plays the same role in Peter's life. SM4 can go right into a new story without any hangups.

Except Dr Connors has an alien symbiote in his lab.

What's going to happen with the part that Connors still has? That needs to bae addressed in some way. I couldn't see Peter just ignoring it, knowing that it is there.

Well, if scorpion is in they could use it to make scorpion into the new venom like he is currently in the comics.

He could even do it willingly by finding out about it after he gets beaten by spidey even with his new powers which makes him feel like his pre-power loser MacGargan self. Then he could bond with it to get enough of an edge to really hurt spider-man, but he doesnt realize what it actually does which results in him going EVEN more crazy and like his thunderbolts version also afraid of the symbiote when it is dormant.

I'm sorry, but this is a stupid question. Even if we didn't like it, we'll still have to accept it happened. Also, not everything was wrapped up in SM3.(ex: symbiote in Connors' lab)

Except Dr Connors has an alien symbiote in his lab.
I wouldn't say that is something that necessarily has to be addressed if that sample is not involved in the story whatsoever. It does not hinder a new story from moving forward.

I wouldn't say that is something that necessarily has to be addressed if that sample is not involved in the story whatsoever. It does not hinder a new story from moving forward.

Dr. Conners could use it in an experiment which somehow turns him into the Lizard.

Acknowledge the events but don't linger on them. What was done is done; blame studio intrusion and Avi Arad not Raimi for the decisions that were made. Venom was rushed in and I'm sure Sam had a better story with Sandman planned but had to sideline that idea so Venom could be included. What's done is done.

The dissers and haters really got to let it go. People have made dramatic changes in comics with one character's arc, storyline, villains, whatever time and time before, but the character remained the same and came back stronger and better than ever. I trust Raimi will deliver now that the studio is backing off and letting him have more reign.

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation as to why he's bringing Michael Papajohn back to reprise his role as the car-jacker. If it's Mysterio's brainwashing Peter into believing he's still alive, Chameleon messing with Spidey's head pretending he's him, or we find out that Flint Marko and the car-jacker were crooks working for The Big Man, or Hammerhead, or Kingpin (name only no cameo). They needed cash and a get-away and were scrambling that night to make their dues for their boss, decided to rob and take Uncle Ben's car, and ended up attracting Spider-Man on their tail and Flint gunning down an innocent old man.

Maybe Sam's got more to tell and show with the origin. Frankly, doesn't bother me, but for some it seems it does.

I'll re-post this here, since it's also relevant...and I like my idea, lol.

I say if they used Venom again and went on to carnage gradually...they lay off it aside from backround in this one.....and use the classic "eddie brock didn't die...he got blown clear by the explosion, you just didn't see it." Put him in jail, have spidey take down Kletus in the early/ middle parts of the film or something...and have the peice of symbiote connors was given escape(possibly geting let loose when connors goes lizard and tears his lab apart) and break eddie out....they can end it with venom breaking out and a hint to carnage. Make spidey and Venom have to team up in 5 to take down carnage, build on the more humane sides of venom, ect ect.

in 4 they def need to bring out Lizard and maybe shocker or mysterio or Kraven or something...throw Rhino in there as a quick fight and capture early on, maybe coinciding with spidey doing his thing while they set up other stuff(kletus capture included).

Have the papajohns pizza dude(lol, j/k) just in there as a prisoner cameo..maybe interaction with brock or something.

It could work.

boo venom

Big mean venom, not little whiney ***** foreman venom.

It needs to change things from 3...not stick to what happened. If they take everything that went down in 3...no matter how hard Raimi tries, spidey will never be good...untill someone starts the spidey movies all over again.

I wonder how the villains in this movie will become villains because of a woman.

GG: Peter stole his sons woman.
Doc Ock: Blamed spidey for his wifes death.
Sandman: My daughter is sick.
Snowboard Harry: You stole my woman!
Eddie Brock: You ruined my life and stole my woman.

What's next?

You let my mother die? You banged my grandma? You totally checked out mah sister?

I wonder how the villains in this movie will become villains because of a woman.

What's next?

I think this was only in the video game.

/\ True that

In the movie, after losing his wife, he became obsessed in his work. Spider-Man was only a pest (much like his comic counterpart who did not obsess over spider-man until he was defeated at his hands); the only reason he even kidnapped MJ was to get the Tridium from Harry.

What's next?
When did Ock blame Spidey for Rosie's death?

^apparently in the video game

What's next?
actually, I did have a storyline worked out, for Kraven and lizard, that had Mariah Crawford involved in both their origins

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"