Should Superman Fight Costumeless?

There IS clearly going to be an action sequence with him out of costume-the oil rig scene. But that is serving several purposes, all of them good.

If he is jumped on the street by some thugs & doesn't have time to change into his suit then yes that would be the only exception.

In certain situations I think its fine for him to use his powers as Clark.

The one you describe is easy enough to get away with.

After all, how many people even know what Clark looks like? Likely they see the name in the news paper, IF they even bother to read the "by" line.

Clark lives a mostly Anonymous life, like many people.

He's just a random big corn-fed oaf in a cheap business suit. People see him all the time and don't notice him, nor remember him any more than any other stranger they passed by yesterday.

Obviously he should keep power use out of the \S/ suit to a minimum.

The only way I can see him fighting (or some action scene to be more specific) without the suit is before he's Superman.

Or if he's attacked as Clark Kent in private like in "Justice" when Bizarro just busts into his apartment and takes him to some private location where he, Parasite, Metallo, and Solomon Grundy begin to beat him up. During that, you could clearly see his suit under his regular clothes, though.

Superman should have a non-costumed fight. Him putting on the suit shouldn't be the beginning of his heroics, but a symbol of his mastery and acceptance of his role.

I want all his fights in costume but a costume-less rescue (that we're getting with the tornado scene anyway)

I hope so.
It's would be like seeing Fassbender lift the golden gate bridge in a 2 piece suit. Moreover I long to see superman fight in a costume ripped and torn. Sadly something we only see in Spiderman films. And possibly the new avengers. It just communicates struggle more and gets the audience to understand the concept of ordeal.

Even the Transformer look to have been in struggles by movies end. The terminator...And of course the most iconic imagery of superman struggle in conflict being the doomsday aftermath. Just one tear. Just one.

He can fight out of costume but it should never be the final fight that is like that.

I wouldn't mind seeing one scene with him fighting costumeless. Just as long as it isn't very long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"