How should Superman fight?

like-a-boss.jpg

Or, with his fists.
:oldrazz:

Hmm how about "Pankration" Its a anciet mixed martial art that combine boxing and wrestling! Since its obvious Clark/Superman wont being all "Neo, I know Kung Fu" on us he can us this style in tandem with his powers to take on the likes of General Zod!

with his fist and heat vision the **** out of someone! and please no LASER vision...red beams do not look like heat

Yeah, I liked the Smallville and SR heat vision. Seeing the rippling of the air was pretty badass.

I do think Smallville and Superman Returns got the heat vision down right but soooooo many people were complaining about it because red beams didn't shoot from his eyes

similar to like it did in Smallville and Superman Returns...like when you see heat off a stove or the road in the middle of summer

with his fist and heat vision the **** out of someone! and please no LASER vision...red beams do not look like heat

Heat vision doesn't have to be pure heat. It wasn't originally, was it? It was a by-product of x-ray vision. Superman can shoot lasers out of his eyes and produce heat that way.

I just want to actually see supes throw ONE SINGLE PUNCH DAMMIT! Cause I don't think he did in the 2006 return.

I say that all the time. Fleischer is still putting lazy animators to shame. Sure they save time with there methods but they're sacrificing quality
That's kind of ignorant. A lot more money was put into animation back then, and they were made for the big screen. A short would cost a million dollars each. That's for 10 minutes. Cartoons nowadays last 20 minutes.

It simply isn't feasible to do animation like that anymore. It has nothing to do with being lazy.

I just want to actually see supes throw ONE SINGLE PUNCH DAMMIT! Cause I don't think he did in the 2006 return.

Yeah, but he lifted the hell out of that rock, though. :up:

I thought the heat vision was one of the things they got spot on in Superman Returns

Agreed, but it goes back to the villain once again. Superman certainly can't go around punching regular humans

JAK®;20001253 said:
That's kind of ignorant. A lot more money was put into animation back then, and they were made for the big screen. A short would cost a million dollars each. That's for 10 minutes. Cartoons nowadays last 20 minutes.

It simply isn't feasible to do animation like that anymore. It has nothing to do with being lazy.

Oh wow... Someone took that a lil personally. You could have made your comment and your point in different way but you decided not to. That's ok. You obviously got ******** by the way I made my comment so you felt the need to take a shot. Yes, mister guy sir, I knew that they were more expensive. That's just common sense and pretty apparent just by taking a comparison to that of other toons in the same era. However, I don't care. :) Money well spent.

Something like Neo in The Matrix effect wise, although obviously more tailored to Superman's style of combat, emphasising a brawler rather than a martial artist.

[YT]H7Nf-m6WGl4[/YT]

Last edited:
For starters, he should fight with the mentality that there is always a chance that his opponent could see reason and alter his life. Not even his parents or Lois being kidnapped by his adversary should alter this belief in him.

Also, no one in any of these films should ever have to talk Kal down from "going too far". Ever. His respect for life should trump any and every emotion that flows through his veins. So Goyer and Snyder, I don't want to see any moments where Kal speeds home to have a "talk" with Ma and Pa Kent. Nor does he need one from Lois, ever. I've seen enough of this nonsense in "Smallville".

Now with that said.. the basics:

- In a fight, Kal should be more cunning than he is intelligent. No matter who he faces, he should be the least experienced in combat, which should constantly give his opponent an edge to begin.

- There are two advantages that not only he, but everyone in the galaxy should come to the understand when facing him:

1. When on Earth, his fighting awareness is second to none. So good should they be, that quite a few of his battles against aliens should be won just by the fact that he knows his surroundings better than them. This should make him feared.

2. His fighting spirit should be the greatest of any hero, never quitting or surrendering no matter how bleak the situation is. The vast amount of time and energy that it takes to defeat him should be enough of a concern to keep most beings from coming to Earth to challenge him. This should make him respected.

Now, how he should fight:

* When facing a normal human he should never use any use heat vision, freeze breath, and especially a punch or a kick. A toss is acceptable but only when he aims the criminal toward a place that provides some cushion such as a crowd of other crooks, a watery surface, or a dumpster with necessary cushion inside; never through a window or some hard surface. Roughing up a thug should be avoided at all costs so that he won't be looked at negatively as a bully.

And after saying all this, one of the wonderful things about Superman is that a simple tap on the window and a wiggle of his finger is all that's needed 9 times out 10 for a criminal to willingly give himself up. That's if the movie does it's job in showing the full scope of what Superman represents to the criminal world.

* When facing a former friend/ally, a metahuman, or your basic alien with powers he should fight not to lose. His fighting stance should be one of defense, delivering the occasion offensive maneuver to keep the opponent honest. His legs spread to the width of the shoulders, posture slightly leaning forward, arms raised, senses on high alert. Gentle words should be his greatest ally, always attempting to get through to the person and calm their rage.

This should go on until Kal's or bystanders' lives are in danger. Then a combination of moves should be delivered to end the fight; sparing as much damage as possible.

* Against an alpha-enemy that he knows is killing or will kill without regard, he should fight to win; using the full scope of his powers. His stance should be lower, his knees bent, and eyes ablaze. His fighting type should be "brawler/roughneck", much like a strapping Kansas boy would fight in a bar. Shoulder charges, hay-makers, kicks to gut, face slamming to hard surfaces, arm tosses, suplexes, elbows to the front and the back, and never allowing himself to be on the ground when an opponent is near.

Not until the opponent is fully defeated should he hold back. At that point, he ends the fights and sends them back where they came from.

Last edited:
Basically that fight with Parasite in STAS is what I like to see.

This is perfect for me!!

For starters, he should fight with the mentality that there is always a chance that his opponent could see reason and alter his life. Not even his parents or Lois being kidnapped by his adversary should alter this belief in him.

Also, no one in any of these films should ever have to talk Kal down from "going too far". Ever. His respect for life should trump any and every emotion that flows through his veins. So Goyer and Snyder, I don't want to see any moments where Kal speeds home to have a "talk" with Ma and Pa Kent. Nor does he need one from Lois, ever. I've seen enough of this nonsense in "Smallville".

Now with that said.. the basics:

- In a fight, Kal should be more cunning than he is intelligent. No matter who he faces, he should be the least experienced in combat, which should constantly give his opponent an edge to begin.

- There are two advantages that not only he, but everyone in the galaxy should come to the understand when facing him:

1. When on Earth, his fighting awareness is second to none. So good should they be, that quite a few of his battles against aliens should be won just by the fact that he knows his surroundings better than them. This should make him feared.

2. His fighting spirit should be the greatest of any hero, never quitting or surrendering no matter how bleak the situation is. The vast amount of time and energy that it takes to defeat him should be enough of a concern to keep most beings from coming to Earth to challenge him. This should make him respected.

Now, how he should fight:

* When facing a normal human he should never use any use heat vision, freeze breath, and especially a punch or a kick. A toss is acceptable but only when he aims the criminal toward a place that provides some cushion such as a crowd of other crooks, a watery surface, or a dumpster with necessary cushion inside; never through a window or some hard surface. Roughing up a thug should be avoided at all costs so that he won't be looked at negatively as a bully.

And after saying all this, one of the wonderful things about Superman is that a simple tap on the window and a wiggle of his finger is all that's needed 9 times out 10 for a criminal to willingly give himself up. That's if the movie does it's job in showing the full scope of what Superman represents to the criminal world.

* When facing a former friend/ally, a metahuman, or your basic alien with powers he should fight not to lose. His fighting stance should be one of defense, delivering the occasion offensive maneuver to keep the opponent honest. His legs spread to the width of the shoulders, posture slightly leaning forward, arms raised, senses on high alert. Gentle words should be his greatest ally, always attempting to get through to the person and calm their rage.

This should go on until Kal's or bystanders' lives are in danger. Then a combination of moves should be delivered to end the fight; sparing as much damage as possible.

* Against an alpha-enemy that he knows is killing or will kill without regard, he should fight to win; using the full scope of his powers. His stance should be lower, his knees bent, and eyes ablaze. His fighting type should be "brawler/roughneck", much like a strapping Kansas boy would fight in a bar. Shoulder charges, hay-makers, kicks to gut, face slamming to hard surfaces, arm tosses, suplexes, elbows to the front and the back, and never allowing himself to be on the ground when an opponent is near.

Not until the opponent is fully defeated should he hold back. At that point, he ends the fights and sends them back where they came from.

So how do you guys feel about Superman "potentially" fighting Metallo in the new film?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"