Should they recast Superman?

I think doing Brainiac now is just gonna make it feel like another invasion story/movie.
I really think it'd be best if they made a couple movies with subplots that maybe build to a movie with Brainiac should they use him.

Personally, I'd love to see more EisenLex and I'd love to see Superman take on Metallo, Black Adam and Lobo.

I agree. A more earth-bound threat. Metallo, Parasite, Livewire, Toyman, Morgan Edge and Intergang, Cadmus. One of those or a combination of two or three. Nobody at all from another planet or universe (Sorry, no Lobo either)

I'm not suggesting Lobo be a main antagonist. I'm just saying it's something I'd like to see on screen.

I'd love for Lobo to come to Earth and just whoop ass just cuz he could. It'd be friggen epic!

I'd love to see Lobo as a supporting character in a Superman: War World film down the road. Get George Miller or someone to direct, capitalising on what Thor Ragnarok just skimmed the surface of.

I'm not suggesting Lobo be a main antagonist. I'm just saying it's something I'd like to see on screen.

I'd love for Lobo to come to Earth and just whoop ass just cuz he could. It'd be friggen epic!

Love to see that! :up:

If Eisenlex is in WB's future plans for Superman, then you can expect to see another bomb.

As an aside, has it ever been stated whether Christopher Nolan had any say in the casting for MoS and/or BvS? I know he was pretty much tied up putting the finishing touches on TDKR during MoS.

I would bet money we never see Cavill or Affleck in another DC movie.

I would bet money we never see Cavill or Affleck in another DC movie.

You’ll see no complaints from me. They were both very disappointing. Affleck was fine in BVS, but I always thought Cavill’s competence in the role was questionable. Can’t deny that he looks the part though.

Both of them looked so much like the comics, but that isn’t enough. I’d rather have actors that don’t 100% look the part but embody the characters instead of the other way around.

I think Ben is done for sure. Batman is like Bond there will always be someone new, ready, willing, and able to carry on in the role.

I'd like to see Henry have one more crack at it, but won't be upset if they recast. Maybe I'll think of a top 5 replacement choices for Clark.

I still want to see Justice League 2, maybe say Clark is off world, and have Shazam take his place

I think Ben is done for sure. Batman is like Bond there will always be someone new, ready, willing, and able to carry on in the role.

I'd like to see Henry have one more crack at it, but won't be upset if they recast. Maybe I'll think of a top 5 replacement choices for Clark.

Seems crazy doesn't it that here we are just four years down the line for Superman - and just one for Batman, for crying out loud - and we're already talking about the very real possibility of recasting.

Last edited:
Na. The minute they cast Affleck, WB Sealed their fate. It was only a matter of time.

If Affleck returns, it'll be another bomb.
Justice League would've done better if Lex wasn't cut.

I agree with you about Affleck but how do you figure more scenes with the one character that 99% of audiences hated in BvS would have led to JL being a better film and/or making more money? When the news broke that he was (mostly) cut from the film, the fanbase erupted in celebration. Sure, Steppenwolf sucked as a villain too, but he was mostly just boring and fake-looking, as opposed to Eisenberg, who made people want to rip their hair out.

Na. The minute they cast Affleck, WB Sealed their fate. It was only a matter of time.

If Batman v Superman had been a one of movie instead of a grand universe Affleck would have worked. But to make Batman old and shopworn in his very first movie and then expect him to go on from there was a big mistake.
You are basically skipping all of his past history. When did he meet Joker, Bane, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Riddler. Now people insist on having a 45 year old Catwoman just so she is age appropriate for this washed up Batman.

I agree with you about Affleck but how do you figure more scenes with the one character that 99% of audiences hated in BvS would have led to JL being a better film and/or making more money? When the news broke that he was (mostly) cut from the film, the fanbase erupted in celebration. Sure, Steppenwolf sucked as a villain too, but he was mostly just boring and fake-looking, as opposed to Eisenberg, who made people want to rip their hair out.

Because 99% of people don't know what they want until its shown to them or once they've been given hindsight and People were mad at Eisenberg cuz he wasn't the LEx they recognize.
The way Lex would've been incorporated in this movie most likely would've served the story better and had been utilized better than Steppenwolf was.
Of Course I could be wrong but I don't think so.
Lex Was my favorite thing about BVS. I really don't get the hate for him but the praise for Affleck. I don't get it at all but I also live in a world that made Trump president so I gave up on trying.

I liked Steppenwolf just fine. He was kinda creepy in an off putting way which I think served the character well but the movie failed him and not the other way around.

If Batman v Superman had been a one of movie instead of a grand universe Affleck would have worked. But to make Batman old and shopworn in his very first movie and then expect him to go on from there was a big mistake.
You are basically skipping all of his past history. When did he meet Joker, Bane, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Riddler. Now people insist on having a 45 year old Catwoman just so she is age appropriate for this washed up Batman.

Theres a scene where Affleck is talking to Alfred about using the kryptonite as a weapon and Alfred is asking him if he's going to war and blah blah blah.

In this scene people praise Affleck's Bruce Wayne but I think this scene proves how wrong he was for this role. He play's this scene loud, coming off a bit paranoid but also highly arrogant and smug.
He says this line about how many good guys are there left and how many stayed that way? or something close to this and as he says this, he has this slight smirk on his face like he knows he's right about everything and can't wait to show the world just so he could rub it Alfred's face.

He should've played this scene slightly appearing like a psychotic, and obsessed with this idea that nobody else believes in. With a bit a of fear and sadness. Almost like he's disappointed and full of sorrow that there are no good guys left.

I could go on forever picking apart this scene but it's this one scene that shows what a terrible miscast he was. He just doesn't get it.
Justice League Solidified this. He's terrible. A bad script/poor writing is no excuse for poor acting or misguided understanding of a character.

Liev Schreiber turned a one dimensional character like Sabretooth into a standout performance in a crappy movie cuz he's a damn good actor.
Affleck did the opposite. He made a beloved and bad a$$ character damn near unwatchable.

Last edited:
Reading some of the casting choices. David Giuntoli actually auditioned for the role in 2013. There's video of him talking about it on YouTube.

Claflin is an interesting choice to me as he actually seems a realistic choice. Known but not too well known that you see him instead of the character.

Reading some of the casting choices. David Giuntoli actually auditioned for the role in 2013. There's video of him talking about it on YouTube.

Claflin is an interesting choice to me as he actually seems a realistic choice. Known but not too well known that you see him instead of the character.

I quite like Claflin but I wouldn't want him as Supes.

I was like who? And then I was like OH! The guy from Grimm.

Yeah, so do I. Kingdom Come was lightning in a bottle, and to be able to recapture that kind of magic in a movie, I think you need to stick pretty closely to the source material.
I would have personally made a JL quadrilogy (is that a thing?) ending with Kingdom Come.

I would have personally made a JL quadrilogy (is that a thing?) ending with Kingdom Come.

It is, although I used to think it was made-up! It certainly sounds made-up! :yay:

Edit: Just looked it up and apparently the term 'quadrilogy' was first used in 1865 - so there ya go!

Last edited:

I like Affleck as Batman but I agree with this. As a one-off - or even a two-parter - it could have worked spectacularly. As the launch-pad for a universe centred around the character it was the embodiment of 'they didn't think it through'.

I dont know where else to post this so apolgies if its in the wrong place but anyway I did fan art of a recast for Superman for more 80s/90s Spielbergian Superman film.

bBXpbbH
bBXpbbH.jpg
3e2d21f0fd35888b51da3b9a441143c8.jpg

I dont really know if the guy can act but I think he looks the part as Supes and Clark

Last edited:
^ Nah, just establish the MOS/BVS as a different timeline and use the same actor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"