Sequels Should Venom Return??

Well its not really a cliff hanger considering the symbiate wouldn't interact with anyone directly... maybe just have some scientists investigating it. Or just save the origin for the next film... no biggy. I guess its just that some posters need to take everything for face value assuming the guy he is responding to hadn't thought anything through in the first place... well... it is what it is.

Introducing a subplot and not resolving it is either: a) a cliffhanger, if it's intentional; or b) a loose end, if it's unintentional. The former intends for a direct sequel while the latter is just bad writing.

Bottom line: it's a bad idea.

He shouldn't come back. He's had his time in the spotlight - granted it wasn't very much time.

If they're going to bring a villain back that's already appeared in the franchise, it should be Ock. His 'death' was much more open ended than Venom's, or anyone else's for that matter.

Venom's spotlight came too early and as a result we got an average portrayal. I, as a Venom fan, feel very let down and nothing they can do can retrieve respect for the character in this franchise. So in that sense you are correct.

S-M4 must be Kraven and Lizard, they are the only characters left that you can get a decent film AND a blockbuster draw out of. They should give it a rest after S-M4.

I don't think Venom should return. In my opinion, Venom is not that great. He's alright in the comic books I suppose, but I just don't think that he is realistic enough for me to enjoy in a movie.

I like things to be kind of simple, and to me Venom just makes things way unnecessarily complicated.

He should not return in a future Spider-Man film.

Anyone esle want to see the Lizard come out to play ? Why do the Intro in part 2 with Doc Conners and not follow up with a movie with the Lizardman.

I think that would be a totally cool next villain, way cooler than the stupid sandman thing they had happen in Ep 3.

Anyone else want to see the Lizard ?

you know, i wouldn't mind and be more than happy if they remake the third film. venom was badly portrayed by a paper-weight actor who acts like his character in a well-known sitcom in all of his movies. it tickles my brain to this day, what would SM3 be like if they redid the movie where john jameson brings back a sample from outer space (they just threw a valuable character in the gutter) and then the story continues from there? it was like 3-5 stories combined in 2.5 hours. SM3 was more like 'Spider-Man 3: psyche + the twist', than 'Spider-Man 3: Fcking brilliant'.

I don't think Venom should return. In my opinion, Venom is not that great. He's alright in the comic books I suppose, but I just don't think that he is realistic enough for me to enjoy in a movie.

I like things to be kind of simple, and to me Venom just makes things way unnecessarily complicated.

He should not return in a future Spider-Man film.
There is more to the character than people think. He's very interesting and Sam Raimi added alot more to the character in Spider-Man 3. He developed him more and made him have conflict with Peter. :up:

Is this thread still alive? Too bad Venom wasn't as resistant.

:csad:

There is more to the character than people think. He's very interesting and Sam Raimi added alot more to the character in Spider-Man 3. He developed him more and made him have conflict with Peter. :up:
...yeah..., but overall the way they made him become Venom was weak:csad:

I think they handled Venom well in SM-3 considering everything. He even had an actual origin (None of the secret wars rubbish) and prior interactions with Parker before hand. I simply wish there was more Venom, perhaps Spider-Man 3.1 will fix that (If there is one).

NOTE: This isn't directed at anyone, just stating an opinion.

I disagree, they stretched out his storyline and it ended up at the church, so I really loved seeing that. :up:
Well, I'm glad you liked it, Spider-ManHero12:yay:
However, I thought that everything having to do with Venom/Eddie Brock was rushed; although I do edmit, I did like the way he made his introduction but later-on in the movie when he becomes Venom all of that is thrown away. Eddie Brock would've made a great side-character up until 4. Think of this villain combo: Venom & Lizard... I like it, could really make that the ultimate message of the film, because overall the two of them are very simular; they are both consumed by what they desire, except one is truly trying to fight it(Dr. Connors) as the other(Eddie Brock) welcomes it.

Venom & Lizard... I like it, could really make that the ultimate message of the film, because overall the two of them are very simular; they are both consumed by what they desire, except one is truly trying to fight it(Dr. Connors) as the other(Eddie Brock) welcomes it.
I think Lizard and Kraven make a better team than Venom and the Lizard. Venom and Sandman worked so well togeather and almost killed Spider-Man.

venom02.jpg

THIS GUY IS
DEAD
Is this really still up for discussion???

Venom will return as CARNAGE, its the only reasonable twist that makes sense in a post-Bush era world.

Bush has nothing to do with Spider-man, or Carnage.

I'm pretty sure there are several hundred other threads on the same topic, but it doesn't matter.

Following the events in Spider-Man 3 and how he was mishandled, I say no, leave him be. There is really no reason for him to return, not in this continuity, anyways. But I really don't care, I don't have the energy for this anymore.

Bring him back... for a Spider-Man movie Venom is an interesting bad guy from the stand point he has all of spider-man powers, he can cancel out his spider sense and he knows everyone close to Peter so you can have a good chuck of the movie of them playing cat and mouse. A plus you can have a Spider-Man movie with teaming up against Carnage sometime in the future. Another reason to bring him back Venom was handled very piss poor from the lack of scenes, to delvopement of Eddie. Venom seem to be just a toss in so Rami could shut up the Venom fanboys that were probably harassing him since 2002. If they're going to bring him back maybe after fourth movie or at least reintroduce him during the late stages of four.

But can someone explain how in the hell can a pumpkin bomb can kill Venom yet a pumpkin bomb at close range can make Harry look like Two Face from Batman?

I'm pretty sure there are several hundred other threads on the same topic, but it doesn't matter.

Following the events in Spider-Man 3 and how he was mishandled, I say no, leave him be. There is really no reason for him to return, not in this continuity, anyways. But I really don't care, I don't have the energy for this anymore.

Bring him back... for a Spider-Man movie Venom is an interesting bad guy from the stand point he has all of spider-man powers, he can cancel out his spider sense and he knows everyone close to Peter so you can have a good chuck of the movie of them playing cat and mouse. A plus you can have a Spider-Man movie with teaming up against Carnage sometime in the future. Another reason to bring him back Venom was handled very piss poor from the lack of scenes, to delvopement of Eddie. Venom seem to be just a toss in so Rami could shut up the Venom fanboys that were probably harassing him since 2002. If they're going to bring him back maybe after fourth movie or at least reintroduce him during the late stages of four.

But can someone explain how in the hell can a pumpkin bomb can kill Venom yet a pumpkin bomb at close range can make Harry look like Two Face from Batman?

*sigh* :whatever:

Different Pumpikin bombs thats how, plus not only that but the Symbiote was pretty weak at that point from the sound vibrations.

I wouldn't mind seeing Venom or some version of the symbiote again...

*sigh* :whatever:

Different Pumpikin bombs thats how, plus not only that but the Symbiote was pretty weak at that point from the sound vibrations.
true, i also thought the green serum harry took made him a lot stronger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"