"Show 'em what we got!" - Samuel L. Jackson is Nick Fury

That doesn't make any sense. The whole point of Skrulls are to look like the people they're replacing.

I suppose everyone has their off days. Earth probably has a richer diet than what they're used to and maybe they all have stomach upsets

Jackson confirmed that Fury will have both his eyes in this.

Imagine if they did it in the first act. Like we open with nick fury looking over a helicarrier saying "oh my gosh how great is it having two eyes" and then bam.

One eye dear

We wanted to explore a period before Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury had any idea about any of the other heroes and crazy stuff going on in the world,” said Feige. “You know, we first met Nick when he told Tony, ‘You’re part of a big universe. You just don’t know yet.’ Well, we want to go back to a time when he didn’t know it yet, and really showcase and announce that Carol Danvers was that first hero that Nick came across.

Sounds like we might get a slightly more naive nick than we have seen before which might be fun. Give him some character development. Plus it sounds like Carol is going to tell him to go jump a couple of times

How did Nick even lose his eye to begin with

I think we may find out in this film ;)

He's THE spy. His secrets have secrets. Maybe he keeps his knowledge of the Skrulls a secret. Otherwise, he would get replaced by them.
Maybe he only ever had significant dealings with the Kree before the Asgardians re-appear it's kind of ironic considering the Show introduced this Kree wrinkle years ago and in a way the movies are now independently going in the same direction

It'll be great to see Nick Fury make an MCU appearance again. Feels like ages since his last appearance; Samuel L Jackson needs to make another cameo in Agents of SHIELD.

I wonder what rank he is in this? Maybe he’s still a colonel. Maybe he doesn’t even work for shield yet?

Obviously shield was around because Peggy formed it but maybe he finds out about it in this one? Or he’s just considered a bit of a Winston Churchill, a mad old nut who turns out to be right about everything

I wonder what rank he is in this? Maybe he’s still a colonel. Maybe he doesn’t even work for shield yet?

Obviously shield was around because Peggy formed it but maybe he finds out about it in this one? Or he’s just considered a bit of a Winston Churchill, a mad old nut who turns out to be right about everything

I doubt we'd ever see a Nick Fury who doesn't work for SHIELD. It would be pointless for his character.

I doubt we'd ever see a Nick Fury who doesn't work for SHIELD.

We already saw a Fury who doesn't work for SHIELD. As far as most of the audience in Age of Ultron was concerned, SHIELD was gone.

I don’t think it would be pointless. It would be interesting to see fury without shield or before shield and how it defined him

I can't wait to see the first sec pictures from him with no scars or eyepatch and a brandnew leatherjacket :D

I wouldn't mind a little backstory on Fury at some point - not necessarily a whole movie centered around him, but a flashback or two like the Pym/Carter/Stark Sr stuff in Ant-Man or the 40s stuff in TWS between Steve/Bucky.

Jackson's smack-bang right in that suitable age bracket for Vietnam service, it'd be pretty sweet getting some reference to Nick as some Green Beret type resurrecting the Howling Commandos name in 'Nam. Not sure how they'd do it, link it to a movie set in the present day though - seems we've been getting a lot of the McGuffin artifact thing so far, probably want to steer clear from that mechanic.

I wouldn't mind a little backstory on Fury at some point - not necessarily a whole movie centered around him, but a flashback or two like the Pym/Carter/Stark Sr stuff in Ant-Man or the 40s stuff in TWS between Steve/Bucky.

Jackson's smack-bang right in that suitable age bracket for Vietnam service, it'd be pretty sweet getting some reference to Nick as some Green Beret type resurrecting the Howling Commandos name in 'Nam. Not sure how they'd do it, link it to a movie set in the present day though - seems we've been getting a lot of the McGuffin artifact thing so far, probably want to steer clear from that mechanic.

I suspect this will be a partial Nick Fury origin film as well. And we will get a lot of answers to questions about his backstory.

Yeah. If it's the 90s, Fury would be in his 50s though. But sure, guess there's no reason they couldn't delve further back if it's warranted with the plot.

Man, some conversation/getting a beer together between Fury and an elderly Dum Dum (Peggy too?) would be unbelievably badass to see at some point. Old war dogs telling stories.

I can't wait to see the first sec pictures from him with no scars or eyepatch and a brandnew leatherjacket :D
An even with that it wouldn't be his actual look. They will likely use that tech to make him look a bit younger.

Yeah. I can't remember if he had hair in the picture from TWS from 1992, think he was bald there too.

It'd be pretty funny if Sam was all The Long Kiss Goodnight-looking in this though (just less shabby homeless guy looking), haha.

They have to give him one of these

Maybe the shock of seeing the skrulls transforms will make him bald!

Bwahaha. :oldrazz: That'd be cooler, though.

images

Hahahaha you know a movie is iconic when Samuel l’s eyes pop like that. What a lewk

We already saw a Fury who doesn't work for SHIELD. As far as most of the audience in Age of Ultron was concerned, SHIELD was gone.

But they'd know SHIELD agents still existed if they watched Agents of SHIELD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"