Shows that never reached their full potential

X-Ray said:
Brimstone ... all 122 escaped demons shuld've had a single episode surrounding their story

YESSSSSSSSS.Somebody remembers my show..by the gods...They were promoting the hell outta this show...it was so sweet.Then poof its gone

bring back my "point pleasant" fox

Beast Wars :the show had a great story beautiful animations ,it could have really done alot.
VR Troopers:This show had alot of potential,but was written off as a power Rangers rip -off .

[Faustinas] said:
Witchblade..One word always came to mind when I watched an episode of this show: beautiful...it was just shot so well and the story was very compelling..so much mythos and history...they could have put their own spin on all sorts of histories and mythologies like Stargate has done.
I loved that show, there were lots of people that didn't even know it existed though.

Greg The Bunny. It was hillarious. Like an adult version of the muppets. It focused not only on the puppets but also on the human aspect of the show. Also, it had a lot of in-jokes that poked fun at Seasame Street ("The Count?!? That sonova***** stole his whole bit from me!!! He's not even from Transylvania!!! He was born in Boston!!!") as well as mock prejudice in society("I think you are all just a bunch of SOCKS!!!").

The cast was a comedic dream team:

Seth Green (Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Austin Powers franchise)
Eugene Levy (American Pie franchise, the Christopher Guest mockumentaries)
Sarah Silverman (Mr. Show, SNL, Crank Yankers)

and I was most shocked to discover a few days ago that Junction Jack, the crazy/bizzare conducter on the show, was played by Bob Gunton, who has plyed many roles, including that of the cruel, bible-thumping Warden Norton:opps:.

Though the show only lasted 11 episodes (2 of which never aired), the 2-disc dvd is packed with extras, including commentaries, deleted scenes, making-of documentary, still-galeries, promotional footage(some good stuff despite their LACK of quality promotion), interactive menus as well as a ****-load more of extras and easter eggs!

So go out and buy it now!!! SO SAYS THE BEAR!!!

Been watching my MTV Spider-Man DVD recently and I'm more bummed the show got cancelled. Say what you want about the writing/cast...etc but the animation in that show was top notch. They NAILED Spider-Man's movements, and Neil Patrick Harris did an awesome job voicing Spidey....better than I expected.

The worst part is how the show ended. Peter Parker throwing away his costume...it was obvious that the show was not meant to end there but of course the "brains" at the network thought it was best...go figure.

I think this show deserves a second chance. There's so much untapped potential, especially with characters like Doc Ock, Black Cat, Sandman...etc.

Strange said:
I miss the show "Now and Again", it was cheesey in some parts but it could have been a great show if they had some better writers. The main character and plot was cool.

It was an excellent show. I think the Fantasy Island remake wasn't given a fair hearing.

jonty30 said:
It was an excellent show. I think the Fantasy Island remake wasn't given a fair hearing.
i saw a couple of the remakes eps i prefer the original

MTV Spider-Man: what everyone else said.

Birds of Prey: I liked this show, it just needed better stories.

Mutant X: I don't remember if got cancelled or was resolved

Webmistress_O4 said:
MTV

Mutant X: I don't remember if got cancelled or was resolved

i'm afraid not webmistress
in what ended up as mutant x's final episode the teams sanctuary and ship were destroyed by the dominion and the last scene had them running for their lives
the studio prducing the show for marvel decided to get out of tv production and let the 3rd season finale stand as originally written setting up a new dynamic for the season four that never happend :hyper: :hyper:

Incrediblejeff said:
Beast Wars :the show had a great story beautiful animations ,it could have really done alot.

Beast wars ended perfectly, but they killed a lot of strong characters w/ too much ease. They started up the storyline again w/ Beast Machine. It meant well, but the camaraderie w/ the maximals didn't stay consistent like that of Beast Wars. If anything, these shows could've been stretched out to @ least one extra season.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
Been watching my MTV Spider-Man DVD recently and I'm more bummed the show got cancelled. Say what you want about the writing/cast...etc but the animation in that show was top notch. They NAILED Spider-Man's movements, and Neil Patrick Harris did an awesome job voicing Spidey....better than I expected.

The animation was top-notch, but they must've ran out of character profiles, cuz after 20 faces you would see the same guy, girl or college student in the background.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
The worst part is how the show ended. Peter Parker throwing away his costume...it was obvious that the show was not meant to end there but of course the "brains" at the network thought it was best...go figure.

BTW, Thanx 4 spoiling the ending of that last episode.
icon8.gif

I want street sharks to come back on! that show rocked! and Biker mice!

X-Men Evolution was a great show that was just really starting to get going when it was cancelled. However, I do really think we needed some more pokemon or yu-gi-oh shows, they are just sooooo much more interesting.

MTV's Spider-man had potential, but MTV didn't support it, every other show on MTV is shown like 20 times during the week. I could never find Spider-man though.

Off-subject, Stations like MTV & VH-1 have a tendency of removing shows from their weekly rotation (that would otherwise be re-ran to death) for no apparent reason. Still, I like how they put "Indy" in the mix as the other woman instead of the predictable Gwen stacy.

GREEN =w= DAY said:
they cancelled it again?
FOX has an amazing habit of mis-treating their shows. They renewed it for a second season, and cancelled it while they were in the middle of filming new episodes. They managed to make a couple of new episodes before they got canned, so FOX just decided to air them. As far as I know, they never un-cancelled it. They just showed the remaining episodes.

Anyway, here my list of shows with potential that they never reached:
Birds of Prey
Firefly
Star Trek Enterprise
Mainframe's Spider-Man (I refuse to call it MTV's)
Cedric the Entertainer Presents...
Clerks: The Animated Series
The Critic (FOX cancelled it because they wouldn't make it more like The Simpsons)
Futurama
Eyes (apparently, ABC has lost all hope in this show)

silver surfer

they already had season 2 scripted when fox killed it. it also ended on a cliffhanger. seriously needs to be on dvd.

CGI Spider-man, i want more DAMNIT!!! plus there could be much more than they did, it should be picked up by someone other than MTV and be contiued, or thee will be trouble!!!*shakes fists*

Futurama, so much more potential than the Simpsons, so much more

they need to bring back Spaced for a third series, Simon Pegg needs to be on TV ALOT MORE!!

and any others, such as, FF and X-men Evo.

Greg the Bunny: Like most have already said, it was an awesome show.

Ned's Nightmare: A great little saturday morning cartoon with a great color palette and atmosphere. Whatever happened to him in the day turned into a twisted, warped version he'd have to suffer through in his sleep.

MTV's Downtown: The show was hip, fresh and cool without being self aware and yelling "look at us, we're hip fresh and cool! Werd to your muthas!!!111" I can't believe I can't even find it online anywhere. :(

kamesan said:
Off-subject, Stations like MTV & VH-1 have a tendency of removing shows from their weekly rotation (that would otherwise be re-ran to death) for no apparent reason. Still, I like how they put "Indy" in the mix as the other woman instead of the predictable Gwen stacy.

I loved the episode they had when MJ came see Peter one morning, and Indy's walking out of his bedroom while putting her blouse on! I was like, "DAMN, Spidey was getting ass!"

old Snick show ... Space Cases ... only 1 freeakin season :mad:

and Invader Zim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"