SILVER SURFER/ Lawrence Fishburne, Doug Jones Discussion Thread

If I was an evil Fox executive - who cared about nothing but money and had a heart the size, shape and warmth of a small, shriveled, dead toad, I would be pushing for the Surfer to be included in FF2.

If you take artistic considerations away and don't worry about the fact that the FF need to mature before they face a challenge like this, SS and Galactus will almost certainly sell more tickets than Puppetmaster and Doom.

Comic fans would get excited about SS and Galactus much more than they would lower profile characters.

Also, as owner of the Silver Surfer rights, I'd be much more comfortable selling a stand alone SS movie after the characters were introduced in FF rather than trying to introduce some alien named Norrin Rad on a movie-going audience that knows next to nothing about him.

I believe it was Captain Stacy who pointed out several months ago that a stand-alone Surfer movie (who had not been introduced in FF) could be marketed with some effort and creativity, and that's a fair point, but let's not forget that I'm a Fox exec., not an actual thinking, caring, creative person who bleeds for my art.

Willie Lumpkin said:
If I was an evil Fox executive - who cared about nothing but money and had a heart the size, shape and warmth of a small, shriveled, dead toad, I would be pushing for the Surfer to be included in FF2.

If you take artistic considerations away and don't worry about the fact that the FF need to mature before they face a challenge like this, SS and Galactus will almost certainly sell more tickets than Puppetmaster and Doom.

Comic fans would get excited about SS and Galactus much more than they would lower profile characters.

Also, as owner of the Silver Surfer rights, I'd be much more comfortable selling a stand alone SS movie after the characters were introduced in FF rather than trying to introduce some alien named Norrin Rad on a movie-going audience that knows next to nothing about him.

I believe it was Captain Stacy who pointed out several months ago that a stand-alone Surfer movie (who had not been introduced in FF) could be marketed with some effort and creativity, and that's a fair point, but let's not forget that I'm a Fox exec., not an actual thinking, caring, creative person who bleeds for my art.

So what exactly are you saying about Fox Execs???....*smiles*.....you aren't going to get a goody bag this year Mr. Willie....:o

And again, keep in mind that there is a definite limit on how long Fox owns the rights to the Surfer. I don't know when the cutoff date is when the rights revert to Marvel, but such a date definately exists. It's possible that they are forced to introduce SS now or lose him forever.

JMAfan said:
So what exactly are you saying about Fox Execs???....*smiles*.....you aren't going to get a goody bag this year Mr. Willie....:o

I was trying to think what I would do if I was an evil Fox executive. I wasn't in any way implying that evil Fox executives actually existed.;)

There. Let's see them try to sue me now.

Dynasty said:
adamcz you are a 100% correct zer00 is being un-fair by stating a comment like "your wrong" without backing it up. I havent seen you around the FF boards much, i like your prespective and where your coming from and i agree with most everything you said.

If Silver Surfer being in FF2 is the only way to have SS introduced in the FF then i say go for it, bringing the SS to the big screen any other way is plain WRONG he needs to be introduced in a FF movie.

So ya im pro SS in FF2!

I'm not giving reasons when you're wrong in the whole. This is the internet for gods sake.

Willie Lumpkin said:
I was trying to think what I would do if I was an evil Fox executive. I wasn't in any way implying that evil Fox executives actually existed.;)

There. Let's see them try to sue me now.

They won't sue you, but you won't get your goody bag next year...:o

I think that if the SS is in FF2 it will be at the end that you see him. It appears that Fox is doing the same thing with FF as they did with X-Men and if they follow that formula, then the main SS and Galactus storyline would appear in FF3 (as the Phoenix saga is bursting forth in X-Men 3). For FF2 I would really like to see Doctor Doom and the Inhumans but I doubt that they will go with that.

Spideykid said:
Dwayne Johnson is the Great SilverSurfer!!
I hope not.

hunter rider said:
KMACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon10.gif
:up:
Hey hunter;)

I have big doubts that the Surfer will be involved in a large way. This movie is supposed to be shooting in what, less than a month?? To do it right, it should be done on the scale of "Lord of the Rings" and I don't see how that can happen with a film that is scheduled to open in July of 2007.

Well...if Keanu Reeves plays Silver Surfer, so be it.
or Vin Diesel. No problems....it's up to the director.

i doubt either of those will...it will be some young, up and comer, or a no - name in my opinion. i could be wrong of course...

Hmm. Reeves as Surfer...I don't think I like the sound of them apples, Will! What are we gonna do?

Seriously, he's not good for the role. His acting is like cardboard-stiff and paper thin.

WOW!! Hopefully this will happen!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HAPPEN!! But what will his role be??

Hopefully very little until the end...imo...

No! It will be cool if SS fights along with the 4!

IronSpidy said:
No! It will be cool if SS fights along with the 4!

Sorry, but i disagree...let the SS come in for awhile...maybe more in a 3rd...and give him his own movie....contrary to what some might think...my opinion is the first movie was not a Fantastic Four movie, it was a Fantastic 1.5...and i want a full on Fantastic Four next time around....but thats just me...:)

Johnny w/ alittle bit of Thing...

I can agree with you, JMA. I think it didn't bother me as much, though, because I had already went in knowing the characters, so I wasn't too entirely worried about character development when I first saw it. I was more worried about "Holy Crap! F4 in the theater!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"