• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Since Marvel owns the rights to Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider

Kevin Feige mentioned in the past that they aren't likely to do films about them:

I could potentially see something like a Blade or Ghost Rider cameo in Doctor Strange but it's more likely these characters are looking at Netflix or AOS guest spots.

Blade I could see him in AOS or maybe even on Netflix but Ghost Rider definitely I could see him in a Doctor Strange film as an Easter egg perhaps

Since Marvel owns the rights to Blade, Punisher and or Ghost Rider or since they bought the rights back to these franchises I wonder just if these movie franchises will be rebooted under the Disney banner? If so then I wonder just how a Disney reboot of The Punisher would work? Or how a Disney reboot of The Daywalker Blade would work? Or how a Disney reboot of Ghost Rider would work?

Blade and GR could definitely feat in Dr. Strange's films. I could see all three with their own Netflix series but only if they're given the same freedoms as shows like "Son's of Anarchy" (Punisher) or "American Horror Story" (Blade and GR) if they're too watered down then they won't likely work.

Blade and GR could definitely feat in Dr. Strange's films. I could see all three with their own Netflix series but only if they're given the same freedoms as shows like "Son's of Anarchy" (Punisher) or "American Horror Story" (Blade and GR) if they're too watered down then they won't likely work.

Blade hunts vampires for a living unless you are telling me vampires can fit into the world of Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange because I know Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze his character along with GR villains like Mephistopheles, Blackheart, etc. would be able to fit in properly into Doctor Strange's world

Blade hunts vampires for a living unless you are telling me vampires can fit into the world of Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange because I know Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze his character along with GR villains like Mephistopheles, Blackheart, etc. would be able to fit in properly into Doctor Strange's world

Vampires are supernatural hence mystical. So why couldn't their paths cross in the Marvel universe... Is Mephistopheles or Dormammu, using Dracula, Morbius or Deacon Frost as a pawn out of the question?

Vampires can fit into the MCU just fine.

They can be mystical, or they can be created by means of a virus or genetic mutation like in Twilight or that good movie Daybreakers.

A reboot for all these characters is a great idea. I just dont see Marvel making a movie out of any of them.

THey have limited spots. What are they doing 2-3 films a year? They want Spider-Man, they have sequels to their 8+ solo franchises from their heroes from phase 1-3, then you have new heroes to introduce like Nova. Where would Ghost Rider or Punisher solo films fit in that cinematic scope? Introduce Blade and GR in Doctor Strange: Midnight Sons

Or Just put them on Netflix. GR would be harder to do, but look at The Punisher. Even better than him teaming up/appearing in Spider-Man. Have him appear in the Daredevil show first. And Blade would fit on Netflix style tv fine.
They can easily put them in the phase 4 line up.

You really think theyll put Blade, GR, or Punisher in the Phase 4 lineup? Not based on what you want, based on logic and the reality of the situation

Guardians
Cap
Thor
Inhumans
Ant Man (maybe)
Iron Man (maybe)
Spider-Man (maybe)
Hulk (maybe)
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Another Avengers.

You reallly think they will try and introduce new charactersin solo films that dont really fit in what they seem to be doing.
I dont see them adding new solo franchises in Phase 4, besides maybe Nova. They already have 12 potential franchises, assuming that all the previous installments are successes. If they're doing the standard 3 movies a film, you really think they'll add another franchise?

Last edited:
You really think theyll put Blade, GR, or Punisher in the Phase 4 lineup. Not based on what you want, based on logic and the reality of the situation

Guardians
Cap
Thor
Inhumans
Ant Man (maybe)
Iron Man (maybe)
Spider-Man (maybe)
Hulk (maybe)
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Another Avengers.

You reallly think they will try and introduce new charactersin solo films that dont really fit in what they seem to be doing

They can start off as features/cameos in other films and go from there. Punisher is the least likely to get his own film but a Netflix show wouldn't be out of the question.

They can start off as features/cameos in other films. Punisher is the least likely to get his own film but a Netflix show wouldn't be out of the question.

I am so tired of hearing the word "NETFLIX" jeez! not every Marvel character has to be introduced in goddamned Netflix show! :doh:
You really think theyll put Blade, GR, or Punisher in the Phase 4 lineup? Not based on what you want, based on logic and the reality of the situation

Guardians
Cap
Thor
Inhumans
Ant Man (maybe)
Iron Man (maybe)
Spider-Man (maybe)
Hulk (maybe)
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Another Avengers.

You reallly think they will try and introduce new charactersin solo films that dont really fit in what they seem to be doing.
I dont see them adding new solo franchises in Phase 4, besides maybe Nova. They already have 12 potential franchises, assuming that all the previous installments are successes. If they're doing the standard 3 movies a film, you really think they'll add another franchise?
There's no way to make that assumption, because we clearly don't know the Phase 4 set of films. :doh:

Last edited:
There's no way to make that assumption, because we clearly don't know the Phase 4 set of films. :doh:

:whatever:
This is all speculation. There is no way to make the assumption that they will make another Blade, GR, or Punisher film again. This is mostly all assumptions/speculation But here were are debating it.

Im just saying, I dont see Marvel carving out time in their busy schedule for street level heroes with limited cross over appeal. Especially considering what theyve been doing with their other street level heroes.
I think anyone thinking they will are fooling themselves and getting their hopes up for nothing

Last edited:
:oldrazz:
This is all speculation. There is no way to make the assumption that they will make another Blade, GR, or Punisher film again. This is mostly all assumptions/speculation But here were are debating it.

Im just saying, I dont see Marvel carving out time in their busy schedule for street level heroes with limited cross over appeal. Especially considering what theyve been doing with their other street level heroes.
I think anyone thinking they will are fooling themselves and getting their hopes up for nothing

Ghost Rider, Blade and Punisher definitely have franchise potential, it would be a wasted opportunity to have them show up in Netflix show.
Maybe we can get Midnight Sons movie, with all three of them appearing at once.

Ghost Rider, Blade and Punisher definitely have franchise potential, it would be a wasted opportunity to have them show up in Netflix show.
Maybe we can get Midnight Sons movie, with all three of them appearing.

You have your "fanboy goggles" on.
I do think that they all could make good movie franchises. Especially Punisher. I think Punisher has the potential to be that Dark Knight level "This should be nominated for Oscars" film more than any other Marvel character.

But do you see Disney/Marvel taking the time out to make these solo movies? Really?

They can start off as features/cameos in other films and go from there. Punisher is the least likely to get his own film but a Netflix show wouldn't be out of the question.

Do you see Ghost Rider and Blade getting their own solo films?

You have your "fanboy goggles" on.
I do think that they all could make good movie franchises. Especially Punisher. I think Punisher has the potential to be that Dark Knight level "This should be nominated for Oscars" film more than any other Marvel character.

But do you see Disney/Marvel taking the time out to make these solo movies? Really?

Honestly, yes. if they took a chance with GOTG, who's to say they wouldn't give them another go at the big screen?
I'd say anything is possible at this point, especially after the major success of GOTG.
I could totally imagine a Punisher movie with TDK quality

Come on man. Let's be real. GOTG and Punisher are a different thing. It's gotten annoying that people have been saying "Because of Guardians then_____"

Guardians had way more appeal to the masses than Punisher. Guardians has these cute kid appeal characters like Groot. It's bright, it's colorful. It's fun, it's adventurous, the characters are comedic, and it's set in space.

Punisher is a dark character, even if they make it PG13. He doesnt have any fun kid appeal characters, he's not a happy guy, he has little personality. His world is the dark, gritty streets of NYC. It's a gangster movie, it's a vigilante movie, it's a movie about a visibly broken man. Do you really think Marvel is interested in making a film of that? Do you, and anyone else, really think Marvel, who is known for being these fun action summer movies is going to release a gritty movie?
And Punisher is so different from any cinematic movie their doing, but it is more in line with what they seem to be doing with the Netflix shows. Why would they release a movie when he fits with the Netflix movie? Especially since, seemingly, all their movies are going to meet up eventually except allegedly Guardians (and I'd be surprised if Guardians never meet any of the Earth set heroes). Where does Punisher fit. Yes he's interacted with The Avengers in the comics, but I'd argue that those stories pale in comparison when they just make Punisher on his own on the streets ala Punisher Max

On another note: Are you, or anyone else thinking that Punisher or GR or Blade will be R?

And even if someone says "Well TDK was dark and it made a lot of money": 1) That was also Batman a way more beloved character than Punisher. 2) It had serious buzz around Heath Ledger 3) And it was a sequel the Batman Begins, which was a well liked movie.

All this being said, Im not saying Punisher or Blade couldnt be good successful movies, especially if they keep the budget low. I just dont see Marvel making a movie for either of them.

Last edited:
Marvel has proven that they have the fancies to support 2 films a year.

I wonder if they'll be able to do the same for 3 movies a year in addition to an ABC show and 4 Netflix shows.

I'm a DC nerd and I have not gotten into Gotham, Constantine, Arrow, and Flash, in spite of the fact that three of them are apparently excellent.

Do you see Ghost Rider and Blade getting their own solo films?

.......No but to be fair they have more of a chance of getting solo films than Hawkeye does. Features and cameo's are all I'd need as far as movies but NETFLIX woudn't be a bad idea for them despite some people's premature meltdowns before the first Marvel show has even release there.

i agree that Netflix wouldnt be bad for them at all. Especially Punisher

Marvel has proven that they have the fancies to support 2 films a year.

I wonder if they'll be able to do the same for 3 movies a year in addition to an ABC show and 4 Netflix shows.

I'm a DC nerd and I have not gotten into Gotham, Constantine, Arrow, and Flash, in spite of the fact that three of them are apparently excellent.
The ABC and Netflix shows aren't handled by Kevin Feige. Jeph Loeb runs Marvel Television.

I really think people are overstating the Netflix opportunities - like they're direct to dvd movies or something. They're fairly expensive programs on a vehicle that has a certain limit to its budget for original programming. Given that, I think they would be smart if they limited that to the street-level heroes (and certainly didn't go for big elaborate high concept heavy sfx productions). This is especially true if the four shows they're introducing get sequels.

Of those, I do think Punisher would work. I'd prefer him as an adversary at first, rather than antihero. The Daredevil-Punisher confrontations of the Frank Miller era were quite good and probably worth exploring again.

The ABC and Netflix shows aren't handled by Kevin Feige. Jeph Loeb runs Marvel Television.

It's within the same universe and appeals to the same fanbase. It will be interesting to see how large an empire their fanbase can support.

G'day,

Punisher movies have been made, none of them were outstanding commercial success. However he is far to good a character to give up on. I expect to see him on TV or more likely Netflix. Same with MoonKnight. I am surprised Elecktra not apearing in DD.

ta

Ralph

Come on man. Let's be real. GOTG and Punisher are a different thing. It's gotten annoying that people have been saying "Because of Guardians then_____"

Guardians had way more appeal to the masses than Punisher. Guardians has these cute kid appeal characters like Groot. It's bright, it's colorful. It's fun, it's adventurous, the characters are comedic, and it's set in space.

Punisher is a dark character, even if they make it PG13. He doesnt have any fun kid appeal characters, he's not a happy guy, he has little personality. His world is the dark, gritty streets of NYC. It's a gangster movie, it's a vigilante movie, it's a movie about a visibly broken man. Do you really think Marvel is interested in making a film of that? Do you, and anyone else, really think Marvel, who is known for being these fun action summer movies is going to release a gritty movie?
And Punisher is so different from any cinematic movie their doing, but it is more in line with what they seem to be doing with the Netflix shows. Why would they release a movie when he fits with the Netflix movie? Especially since, seemingly, all their movies are going to meet up eventually except allegedly Guardians (and I'd be surprised if Guardians never meet any of the Earth set heroes). Where does Punisher fit. Yes he's interacted with The Avengers in the comics, but I'd argue that those stories pale in comparison when they just make Punisher on his own on the streets ala Punisher Max

On another note: Are you, or anyone else thinking that Punisher or GR or Blade will be R?

And even if someone says "Well TDK was dark and it made a lot of money": 1) That was also Batman a way more beloved character than Punisher. 2) It had serious buzz around Heath Ledger 3) And it was a sequel the Batman Begins, which was a well liked movie.

All this being said, Im not saying Punisher or Blade couldnt be good successful movies, especially if they keep the budget low. I just dont see Marvel making a movie for either of them.

G'day,

Regarding Blade and Ghost Rider, here are the numbers from Mojo:

Box Office History for Blade Movies

Release Date Movie Production budget world wide box office

release date Aug 21, 1998 movie Blade budge $45,000,000 box office (world wide) $131,237,688

Mar 22, 2002 Blade 2 $54,000,000 $154,338,601

Dec 8, 2004 Blade: Trinity $65,000,000 $132,397,389

←
Feb 16, 2007 Ghost Rider $120,000,000 $229,545,589

Feb 17, 2012 Ghost Rider:
Spirit of Vengeance $57,000,000 $149,217,355

Those movies made money, Even crappy GR movies made money. So why would Disney not want to use them? However their introduction back into the MCU can not happen until after Dr Strange because that is the introduction of the supernatural to the MCU. They will want to see how that goes first. The only question is which medium they will use, movies, TV or internet.

Ralph

I think all these guys would make great Netflix series. Add Moon Knight to the mix and you basically have a phase 2 with the Netflix shows. Maybe do a modified Midnight Sons like I've heard a few people mention. And Netflix shows are pretty much the equivalent of something you'd see on STARZ, HBO, or showtime. That's pretty damn awesome in my book. Plus you get 13 episodes to flesh the story out. In some instances Id actually prefer a Netflix series to a movie. Id just like to see a live action Lillith at some point. Always found her creepy hot. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"