• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Since Marvel owns the rights to Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider

.......No but to be fair they have more of a chance of getting solo films than Hawkeye does. Features and cameo's are all I'd need as far as movies but NETFLIX woudn't be a bad idea for them despite some people's premature meltdowns before the first Marvel show has even release there.
Ghost Rider will be very, very hard to do on a Netflix budget.. not to mention his villains either.
Can you honestly see this guy:
3602451-3389101-gr.jpg

On a Netflix budget?

I'm seriously starting to hate the word "Netflix!"

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Steven S. DeKnight wants to do a Punisher netflix series at some point, having said on his twitter that 1. Frank Castle is (one of) his favorite character(s) and 2. It's the character he'd like to adapt the most after Daredevil.

Plus he's following the guy who tweeted this for no apparent reason:
milo-tweet.jpg

I think Blade & Ghost Rider could potentially have their own films but Punisher does seem more suited for something like Netflix considering he's a street level character with no powers. Or they could give him a show on regular TV...I'm sure they could find a decent enough balance for it to work.

I just can't see Ghost Rider in that medium based on budget alone. He's a character that delves deeply into the supernatural world. With Blade & the Punisher a TV series is do-able since they don't pull off anything that's too outrageous but Ghost Rider is way too out there to work on a TV show. He has a freakin' flaming skull, that alone would cost them an arm and a leg on a TV show.

I still think that ghost rider, punisher and blade have had all their chances plus 25% and it's time to give some new characters a go. Characters that we haven't even seen yet on film like she hulk, photon, mantis etc

Ehh, do we really need to see She Hulk on the big screen?

Just do a Midnight Sons movie

The Midnight Sons are the supernatural equivalent of the Avengers.

Doctor Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Elsa Bloodstone, Werewolf By Night, Daimon Hellstrom, Jennifer Kale and Man-Thing.

Lillth and her demon offspring as the villains

sons2.jpg

Vampires are supernatural hence mystical. So why couldn't their paths cross in the Marvel universe... Is Mephistopheles or Dormammu, using Dracula, Morbius or Deacon Frost as a pawn out of the question?

Then since you put it like that then no, they could cross over movies now that you actually bring up such an interesting point, vampires could show up in movies such as Doctor Strange and or demons such as Mephistopheles could show up in movies like Doctor Strange or even Blade for that matter

I think Blade & Ghost Rider could potentially have their own films but Punisher does seem more suited for something like Netflix considering he's a street level character with no powers. Or they could give him a show on regular TV...I'm sure they could find a decent enough balance for it to work.

I just can't see Ghost Rider in that medium based on budget alone. He's a character that delves deeply into the supernatural world. With Blade & the Punisher a TV series is do-able since they don't pull off anything that's too outrageous but Ghost Rider is way too out there to work on a TV show. He has a freakin' flaming skull, that alone would cost them an arm and a leg on a TV show.

Just like me I also think Blade and Ghost Rider could also potentially have their own films again rebooted starting fresh from the beginning but as for Punisher he will most likely end up on Netflix as much as I hate Netflix but with Blade & Ghost Rider with these 2 with their budget with their villains and what not I can't see them on Netflix for that reason alone, they are too big for it

I think The Punisher as a series, whatever network it is on, makes the most sense, you don't need a movie budget to do that character justice.

Blade, and especially Ghost Rider however are a different matter. To be done justice they NEED a movie budget. That's not even taking their villains into account.

I think The Punisher as a series, whatever network it is on, makes the most sense, you don't need a movie budget to do that character justice.

Blade, and especially Ghost Rider however are a different matter. To be done justice they NEED a movie budget. That's not even taking their villains into account.

I know right, Blade and Ghost Rider deserve to be back on the big screen in mainstream in theatres for everyone to see, they need a movie budget definitely not Netflix

Ehh, do we really need to see She Hulk on the big screen?

At this point I'm more interested in She-Hulk in the MCU than I am Spider-Man.

Ghost Rider will be very, very hard to do on a Netflix budget.. not to mention his villains either.
Can you honestly see this guy:
3602451-3389101-gr.jpg

On a Netflix budget?

I'm seriously starting to hate the word "Netflix!"

tumblr_ngdpbaLfK51rpp321o5_250.gif

Which lasted for 30 seconds, not several hours worth of screentime.

At this point I'm more interested in She-Hulk in the MCU than I am Spider-Man.

tumblr_ngdpbaLfK51rpp321o5_250.gif
Comparing like 20 seconds of Firestorm to Ghost Rider? are you joking? :lmao:

Ghost Rider himself would be hard to do.. but when we start talking about his villains... oh lord.

Yup because Firestorm will only ever be in 20 seconds of the show clearly! :lmao:
I guarantee you, we won't see Firestorm powered up for more than 1 min in a single episode.

But comparing the effects for Firestorm to Ghost Rider is fricking laughable! villains like Blackheart, Vengeance, Blackout, Nightmare etc. would be damn near impossible to do on a mere Tv show.. not mention Ghost Rider's crazy ass powers.

Ghost Rider would be even harder to do than Spider-Man!

Blade can be done on TV too. I dont think the SFX needed for him would be so crazy that they couldnt do it on TV.
Teen Wolf has decent action and creature effects. And I havent seen it but I heard The Strain has decent vampires all those are probably way more than Marvel will do in terms of blood and make up. People seem to like the action in Arrow too.

Although I really REALLY like the idea of Doctor Strange: Midnight Sons

I'd rather have a movie of all Marvel properties as I think you'll attract better talent than a TV show and the budget would be better. But I dont see Marvel making solo movies out of any of these characters. Even if Blade and GR are introduced in a Midnight Sons movie I'd guess that they'd just spin them off into TV shows. Well at least Blade

Last edited:
Nope. Both fire guys and that's the biggest stumbling block.

villains like Blackheart, Vengeance, Blackout, Nightmare etc. would be damn near impossible to do on a mere Tv show.. not mention Ghost Rider's crazy ass powers.

Only if you're trying to make them exactly like their comic counterparts. Do people still think this is a thing in 2015?

I guarantee you, we won't see Firestorm powered up for more than 1 min in a single episode.

But comparing the effects for Firestorm to Ghost Rider is fricking laughable! villains like Blackheart, Vengeance, Blackout, Nightmare etc. would be damn near impossible to do on a mere Tv show.. not mention Ghost Rider's crazy ass powers.

Ghost Rider would be even harder to do than Spider-Man!

I know right and that is why Ghost Rider deserves his own movie reboot

Ghost Rider's not getting a movie reboot so y'all need to let that dream die.

The best you could hope for is maybe showing up in a new Blade series as a guest star.

The best you could hope for is maybe showing up in a new Blade series as a guest star.

I am pretty certain Marvel will know the cinematic appeal of a character like GR. Firestorm being on fire for 2 mins in The Flash will be nothing compared to what they have to do with GR. And as others have said then there is the villains.

Daredevil and The Punisher can be adapted for TV, GR can not.

This

I am pretty certain Marvel will know the cinematic appeal of a character like GR. Firestorm being on fire for 2 mins in The Flash will be nothing compared to what they have to do with GR. And as others have said then there is the villains.

Daredevil and The Punisher can be adapted for TV, GR can not.

I honestly don't know about that. I personally scoffed at the idea of Flash being a tv series and I havent watched it but people seem to like it and not care much about the SFX or action. As Ive said, I havent seen it.
The Firestorm effects do look really good, but I would need to see it on his own show/an episode where he's powered up most of the time.
I do think all heroes have better potential as movies, then tv shows. But Im not gonna say they can't work. Some can't but not all

Last edited:
This

I honestly don't know about that. I personally scoffed at the idea of Flash being a tv series and I havent watched it but people seem to like it and not care much about the SFX or action. As Ive said, I havent seen it.
The Firestorm effects do look really good, but I would need to see it on his own show/an episode where he's powered up most of the time.
I do think all heroes have better potential as movies, then tv shows. But Im not gonna say they can't work. Some can't but not all

Overall the effects on The Flash have been very good, but then there has been some CGI that has been obviously made on a TV show budget, but most people, including myself, let it slide because the show and majority of CGI is good.

I dont think Flash needs as much CGI as a GR show would though, and Firestorm hasnt used his powers in the show for more than 30 seconds so far.

GR, plus his villains, would need a lot more, unless they want to go with episodes where GR himself doesnt show up, which I think we can all agree the fans wouldnt like.

We're not getting a movie from any of these characters anytime soon.. maybe one late in phase IV but even that is a longshot.

Here's my fanmade Ghost Rider reboot concept art:
292qpfk.jpg

i made this a few months ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz