SM3 at Wondercon

So does anyone know if this has been confirmed as the trailer we will see with 300?

I can't imagine it won't be... Why keep paying Ant Farm to finish and polish trailers they will only use once? Doesn't make dollar sense.

Hey, here's a better description of the trailer than we got on Spidey's page here at SHH. I didn't look to see if this particular description was posted before, but it gives a few more details not mentioned earlier. Courtesy of IGN:

"The trailer opens with Eddie Brock (Topher Grace) entering a church, kneeling at a pew and praying for God to kill Peter Parker. Cut to fun and energetic footage of a black suit wearing Spider-Man swinging through the city with a voiceover from Parker (Toby Maguire) noting how the suit seems to give him more power. Note: The acrobatics end as Spider-Man plows into the Sandman (Thomas Haden Church).

The next scene is Parker with Dr. Curt Conners (Dylan Baker), who is examining a piece of the black suit. The scientist notes that the substance is very "responsive to aggression." At that exact moment, the piece of suit slithers toward Parker but Conners traps it in a beaker. "It seems to like you," adds Conners.

The audience then catches a glimpse of Harry Osborn (James Franco) looking into a mirror and seeing the face of his father, Norman (Willem Dafoe), looking back at him. The elder Osborn's voice implores his son, "You know what you have to do." Cut to Harry, in modified Green Goblin gear (the likes of which make him look like a high tech X-gamer), chasing Parker through the city. Parker is in plain clothes, but is swinging on webs and using his Spidey powers… trying to get away from his former friend. Harry throws bladed-boomerangs, similar to what the original Green Goblin used in the first Spider-Man ("I hate these things," quips Parker), and swings some sort of lightsaber-looking green bat. A shot of Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst) asking Parker what's happening to him — alluding to the fact that he is becoming a different person with the suit — is dropped in right before the next sequence, which shows an angry Parker (with the black suit clearly visible under his dress shirt) walking among from Harry who is laying on the ground. Harry throws a pumpkin bomb at him, but Parker quickly flips around, catches the bomb and throws it back. The explosion does some serious damage to Harry.

The next scene shows Parker reaching out to M.J. asking for her help. Cut to black suit Spider-Man in a bell tower trying to rip the costume off. This is where the trailer comes full circle, as the bell tower is in the same church where Brock is praying. He looks up at the commotion and realizes that Parker is Spider-Man. Pieces of the suit begin to fall from the tower. Some lands on Brock's jacket; he can't shake the substance off so he takes off his jacket. More falls directly onto his skin; again, he can't shake it off. Finally, the bulk of the suit falls onto Brock and the vicinity around him. It consumes the man like a slimy blob. Suddenly, Brock looks up and it's the Venom that we all know — slithery, pointed white eyes and sharp fangs. The creature jumps at the camera then… cut to black.

One final sequence is show. Spider-Man, clearly in the throws of a massive battle (his traditional red and blue costume is ripped to shreds, and half of Parker's face is exposed), is looking around frantically trying to find the villain he's fighting. But he can't see or Spidey sense anyone. Suddenly, Venom's claws reach down from above him, grab him by the head and pull him up and out of the shot. End trailer.

While a good portion of this trailer utilizes footage that fans have already been privy to, the darker tone of this feature is made painfully clear. And it's good to finally get a clear glimpse of the big screen Venom in action." - IGN

This trailer could be the one to beat the, "who am I" tariler for the 1st spidey movie.

So does anyone know if this has been confirmed as the trailer we will see with 300?

Avi Arad said in his segment before the trailer that "This is exclusive WonderCon footage that will not be seen anywhere else."

So this won't be the EXACT trailer we see on Friday; however, that doesn't mean they can't use a lot of the same elements.

Avi Arad said in his segment before the trailer that "This is exclusive WonderCon footage that will not be seen anywhere else."

So this won't be the EXACT trailer we see on Friday; however, that doesn't mean they can't use a lot of the same elements.

True. And it doesn't matter to me as we will see Venom.

Somebody please tell me this trailer has leaked! :wow:

wooooooooooooooooooow.

this wondercon trailer seems longer then the reported 1:38 that the new teaser should be so i'm guessing perhaps a cut down version of the wondercon footage is in order. :woot:

whatever it is, wow, this is incredible.

Well, the WonderCon trailer does indeed sound amazing, but its almost clear that we aren't going to see it on Friday.

What we WILL see however, will more than likely be a trailer similar to the teaser...with half and half, some now footage, some old...and even though we all are hoping, I doubt we see Venom.

CAH

ok, I found this:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/03/03/new-spider-man-3-footage-debuts-at-wondercon/

New Spider-Man 3 Footage debuts at WonderCon
Peter Sciretta March 3rd, 2007 at 8:24 pm

According to Sony, the video clip we saw was apparently cut “exclusively for WonderCon.”

It began with a greeting from Avi Arad who apologized for not being able to make it to WonderCon. He thanked the fans for supporting the franchise. And assured fans that the third film could be the best.

The actual footage began with the standard GREEN MPAA Trailer logo we’ve become accustomed to. This makes me wonder if this “exclusive footage” is actually just the trailerthat will be released next week?

that is interesting but whatever we get in the new trailer I'm preey sure will be similar to the trailer shown at wondercon.

More logical thinking.

"Logical thinking" led to the disappointment of so many when no trailer was released with Ghost Rider, despite absolutely no information saying there was gonig to be one in the first place.

I'm excited for a new trailer, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything.

Hm. It did indeed start with the green MPAA logo, and I remember thinking that it was odd. I don't see why they'd lie to us about it being "exclusive footage" that "no one else would see." But I wouldn't mind seeing that trailer again, it was pretty badass. I didn't time it, but hey, I think it was in the 1:38 ballpark. So you never know.

Hm. It did indeed start with the green MPAA logo, and I remember thinking that it was odd. I don't see why they'd lie to us about it being "exclusive footage" that "no one else would see." But I wouldn't mind seeing that trailer again, it was pretty badass. I didn't time it, but hey, I think it was in the 1:38 ballpark. So you never know.

Since you saw it maybe you can help us out with one thing that most of the descriptions have not gone off of:

What was the music like, was it pounding/epic? Or was it dark and mysterious. What was it like? If you can remember.

"Logical thinking" led to the disappointment of so many when no trailer was released with Ghost Rider, despite absolutely no information saying there was gonig to be one in the first place.

I'm excited for a new trailer, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything.

Then that isn't logical thinking. You can't make a logical assumption with no information.

There are only 2 months left till the film is released and we have seen all but Venom. Even if it is just flashes it doesn't matter we will see him as it will raise the anticipation way above what it is now. It makes perfect business sense.

Since you saw it maybe you can help us out with one thing that most of the descriptions have not gone off of:

What was the music like, was it pounding/epic? Or was it dark and mysterious. What was it like? If you can remember.

Sorry...I don't remember any of the music! I was paying a lot of attention to the visual details (and I was anticipating Venom) that I didn't really notice any of the music.

Though, one more thing I failed to mention in my description that I just remembered...Spider-Man's struggle in the bell tower looked incredibly intense! I think that will be an amazing scene.

Was there any music playing during the scene where it shows Spidey with half his mask ripped of looking around franticaly then Venom's hand grabbing him from off frame?

Or is it silent then a loud *jump of scary music*?

But thanks for all your other descriptions Theven.

Then that isn't logical thinking. You can't make a logical assumption with no information.

There are only 2 months left till the film is released and we have seen all but Venom. Even if it is just flashes it doesn't matter we will see him as it will raise the anticipation way above what it is now. It makes perfect business sense.

Exactly, but it didn't stop so many from getting their hopes up. I just want this to be Ghost Rider all over again if we don't get Venom because people like you think it makes "perfect business sense." No matter what's in the next trailer, people are still going to see this movie. Spider-man is one of the most powerful movie franchises in recent cinema, they could show us a cymbal-banging monkey toy for 2 minutes straight and flash "Spider-man 3, May 4th 2007" at the end and people would still flock to theaters opening day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"