X-Men at Comic-Con!

Doesn't anyone remember the fallout from Highlander 2? :)

Rac said:
Well FF wasn't nearly as bad as X3. And besides, I enjoyed it. Though I hated what they did to Doom and Ben's eyebrows. :down And Alba ain't Sue.
Yes... It was.:p
I know someone who refuses to even pop in the dvd, that is bad. But I'm not getting into this again. :p

LoGaN's RuNNer said:
Yes... It was.:p
I know someone who refuses to even pop in the dvd, that is bad. But I'm not getting into this again. :p
That person neds to get a life.

danoyse said:
So let me get this straight:

The Superman fans are going to Comic Con (according to a few threads on the SR board), so they can harass Bryan Singer because they didn't like the movie.

The X-Men fans are going to Comic Con to boo the X-Men writers and demand an apology.

Boy, and you wonder why the best advice these people give one another is to not read the internet. :rolleyes:
Good point.

So, who's going to the Con? Theres some really interesting panels this year.

Retroman said:
So, who's going to the Con? Theres some really interesting panels this year.
I would if I was living in the area. God damn lucky bastards.

Yeah, this sounds great. I hope we'll get some input on the future spin-offs and maybe even a word on a possible X4.

bump
Today writer Simon Kinberg, costume designer Judianna Makovsky and producers Avi Arad and Kevin Feige will be at the con.

TNC9852002 said:
The Fantastic Four fans weren't even this aggressive...

-TNC

And Fantastic Four wasn't nearly as insulting as X-Men: The Last Stand.

Report from Bryan Singer's panel. He gives some details on the X3 story treatment he wrote before leaving to do SR.

- Someone asked if he could "repair the damage" done by X3. His immediate answer was, "I'd have to see who's left in the cast..." got a big laugh. He then went very political, commenting positively on what Ratner was able to pull off in the time alloted to him.

- Another person asked what his X3 was going to be. Singer said he only wrote 1/3rd of a treatment that's floating around on his computer now. Phoenix was involved, but the villain was someone new... from the X-Men universe. He wouldn't specify since he's currently writing some stuff for Marvel Comics.
Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23943

That's interesting. I wonder who the villain is. Perhaps Sinister?

Dan Harris said something about Emma Frost but obviously that wasn't going to be the main new threat.

Maybe it was Apocalypse?Check this out..

Singer on The Sentinels, Juggernaut, Apocalypse and More!

May 25, 2003 —

Director Bryan Singer recently spoke to Total Film Magazine about some potential X-Villains in future installments:

The Brood: Sounds like 'The Thing' meets 'Alien'. I'll always try to shy away from anything that I've seen before. You try desperately not to be derivative, and we've seen eggs planted in people's stomachs and people transforming into aliens a lot.

Juggernaut: I've always liked Juggernaut. I like the concept of this unstoppable, freight-train being - the purity of that is terrifying. But he was never considered in any of the scripts I worked on, unfortunately.

The Sentinels: The Sentinels are something we looked at for X2. I originally brought Guy Dyas, my production designer, on board to do Sentinel designs for me and he came up with a clever design and built a maquette of it, which actually sits in my home! But we felt, for X2, the concept of giant robots is a difficult sell. But it's definitely something we may have room for in the future.

Arcade: Ugh. That seems a little 'Batman'. That's all I would say about that.

Apocalypse: It's possible. But that involves an expanded X-Men universe and we're expanding it but, y'know, one step at a time!"

Source: Total Film Magazine
Source: http://www.countingdown.com/movies/2756437?item_id=3073059

Last bit about Apocalypse sounds intresting.

Wow, I've never read that before. Yeah, they should steer clear of using aliens in an X-Men film. No aliens, space-travel or time-travel, please. The Sentinels were a wasted chance in X3. Juggernaut, too. The X-Men fighting in the Murderworld could be very interesting. To bring in Apocalypse, Sinister just has to be brought in first. That way, we would get Gambit, Archangel and even Cyclops and Jean. No other villian should use cloning except for Sinister.

Thats what i like about the X-films they made them realistic and as if it could happen, so no space or time travel as that would make it unbelieveable really.

Bastila said:
Thats what i like about the X-films they made them realistic and as if it could happen, so no space or time travel as that would make it unbelieveable really.
Yeah, save it for Fantastic Four 2.

Oh, wait. Fantastic Four AND the Silver Surfer 2. :rolleyes:

Someone on another board at this event said re XMen that they said the DVD release date will be set within the next week for sometime this fall and it will have three alternative endings and 21 deleted scenes.

narrows101 said:
Someone on another board at this event said re XMen that they said the DVD release date will be set within the next week for sometime this fall and it will have three alternative endings and 21 deleted scenes.
Three alternative endings and twenty-one deleted scenes? Wow. I cannot wait. I bet Storm's tidal wave is one of them. ;)

I can think of one alternate ending since we heard that Doug Lennox filmed a scene - I bet Wolverine is probably so distraught at losing Jean he goes back to the bar and the cage. And a deleted scene I can think of is the "she might not come home" scene.

Maybe one of the alternative endings is instead of Beast joining UN, he's joining the school and become one of the teachers.

narrows101 said:
:eek: :eek:
mowtown25moonwalkin9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"