X-Men at Comic-Con!

Retroman

Avenger
Reaction score
Lots of people going to Comic Con (July 20 - 23) this year, including lots of X-men movie celebs. I looked through the schedule to see the x-related ones.

Might be a good oppurtunity to find out whats going on with X-Men 4, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Magneto, the X-Men dvds and maybe someone can find out what Singer's X-Men 3 would have been like and his thoughts on X3?

From comic-con.org:

Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Thursday, July 20

2:00-3:00 DK Publishing— Learn the process of creating comprehensive visual guides to pop culture's top properties! Tom DeFalco (author, Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide) and Peter Sanderson (author, X-Men: The Ultimate Guide) discuss their latest collaboration: The Marvel Encyclopedia. DK licensing publisher Alex Allan and senior designer Robert Perry reveal the work behind the DC Comics Encyclopedia, the Star Wars Visual Dictionaries and The Secret World of James Bond, and preview upcoming guides on Smallville, Stargate, and Conan the Barbarian. Room 1B

Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Friday, July 21

11:00-12:30 Warner Bros. Pictures Presents— In person, stars Hilary Swank and Anna Sophia Robb, director Stephen Hopkins, and producer Joel Silver of The Reaping, a supernatural thriller in which Hilary plays a world-renowned expert in disproving religious phenomena. But when she investigates a small Louisiana town that is suffering from what appear to be the Biblical plagues, she realizes that science cannot explain what is happening. Plus: Bryan Singer Returns! Please welcome long-time friend of Comic-Con director Bryan Singer to answer your questions about Superman Returns and give you an idea of what's next. Hall H
2:00-3:00 DVD Sneak Peek 2006— Bill Hunt and Todd Doogan, editors of The Digital Bits.com (recently named one of Entertainment Weekly's Top 25 Entertainment Sites of 2006) and a panel of some of Hollywood's leading special edition DVD producers will give you a first look at lots of great movie and TV DVDs on the way for 2006 and 2007! They'll talk about the new HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc high-definition formats and answer lots of audience questions. Scheduled to participate are Robert Meyer Burnett (Superman Returns, Free Enterprise: SE, Chronicles of Narnia), JM Kenny (Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, Zoom, Rocky Balboa), Charles de Lauzirika (Kingdom of Heaven, Twin Peaks, Blade Runner), Andy Mangels (He-Man, She-Ra, Dungeons & Dragons), and Javier Soto (Pan's Labyrinth, The 4400). Room 6B

Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Saturday, July 22

1:30-2:30 The Art of Adapting Comics to the Screen— The cinematic renaissance of comic-book-based films continues, and here's your chance to learn what it takes to adapt these dream projects to the screen. Bring your questions and join Creative Screenwriting magazine's senior editor Jeff Goldsmith as he chats with the fantastic panel featuring Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko), Simon Kinberg (X-Men 3), Brian Nelson (30 Days of Night), Gregory Noveck (senior VP of creative affairs, DC Comics), and Josh Olson (A History of Violence). Room 6A
3:30-4:30 A Marvel Studios Production: The Future of Marvel’s Film Franchises— The next great era of comic book films begins as Marvel Studios launches its new slate. The studio is currently developing many of its landmark titles for adaptation to the screen, including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Nick Fury, and Ant-Man. At this presentation, the directors of Iron Man (Jon Favreau), The Incredible Hulk, and Ant-Man (Edgar Wright) will share their visions for these highly anticipated films. Producers Avi Arad, Kevin Feige, and Ari Arad will join the panel and be on hand to answer questions from the audience. Moderated by Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter. Room 6CDEF
4:30-6:00 The Costume Designers Guild: Costume Centric Session 3— The Costume Designers Guild concludes its three-part series on costume design and its profound influence on world culture. In this final session, CDG president Deborah Nadoolman (Raiders of the Lost Ark) will host Isis Mussenden (The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe), Penny Rose (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, POC: Curse of the Dead Man's Chest), Mary Vogt (Men in Black 1 & 2, Fantastic Four 2), and Judianna Makovsky (Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, X-Men 3) in a discussion about designing for the big screen. Comic-Con attendees will have the rare opportunity to hear from costume designers and see the sketches, fabrics, costumes, and film clips from some the most influential productions of the last five years. Room 2

Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Sunday, July 23

11:30-12:30 Mondo Marvel— Get the scoop on all things Marvel, from Avengers to X-Men and everything in between. Editor-in-chief Joe Quesada, Jeph Loeb (Ultimates 3), Charlie Huston (Moon Knight), Greg Pak (Incredible Hulk), and more gather in one room to share secrets from the House of Ideas. Room 6B

NOTE: Rober Meyer Burnett and his crew produced and directed the dvd content for the first two movies.

Sources: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_thu.php
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_fri.php
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sat.php
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sun.php

I hope someone from X3 issues an official apology.

Neto Magnus said:

That will not happen until many many years from now. Look how long it took Jon Peters to say he was wrong & that all of his ideas sucked about what he wanted for his Superman Movie

Neto Magnus said:

NO way!!!!!

We guys don't deserve an apology because we all are thick headed fans who expected too much from the movie.

We should be thankful that X3 was a HIT :up:

it is someone from superman that should apologize to superman fans for giving a BOMB to them

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

antariksh said:
We should be thankful that X3 was a HIT

It is pretty much fact that most like Mindless Action Movies with No Story

Sad really

Box Office does not = quality

Get over yourself

antariksh said:
NO way!!!!!

We guys don't deserve an apology because we all are thick headed fans who expected too much from the movie.

it is someone from superman that should apologize to superman fans for giving a BOMB to them

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
It's so hilarious that X-Men fans loved Superman Returns but hated X3 and Superman fans liked X3 but hated SR.

If Brett Ratner woulda just did Superman, none of this would happen.

antariksh said:
NO way!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I think you owe all of us an apology for being the rambling moron that you are.

So now its also Brett's fault that Singer went to Superman? :p If he did Supes, Bryan would never had the chance to direct it, thus Bryan would stick with X-men...:eek:
wow :p

Simon Kinberg and Avi Arid are brave to show up at comic-con. My prediction is they won't be well received by some fans at the event. I wish I could be there to witness the boos.

Simon will probably come up with another version for everything, which version is he at now, 4th? :o
and i used to love this guy...

So let me get this straight:

The Superman fans are going to Comic Con (according to a few threads on the SR board), so they can harass Bryan Singer because they didn't like the movie.

The X-Men fans are going to Comic Con to boo the X-Men writers and demand an apology.

Boy, and you wonder why the best advice these people give one another is to not read the internet. :rolleyes:

Retroman said:
1:30-2:30 The Art of Adapting Comics to the Screen— The cinematic renaissance of comic-book-based films continues, and here's your chance to learn what it takes to adapt these dream projects to the screen. Bring your questions and join Creative Screenwriting magazine's senior editor Jeff Goldsmith as he chats with the fantastic panel featuring Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko), Simon Kinberg (X-Men 3), Brian Nelson (30 Days of Night), Gregory Noveck (senior VP of creative affairs, DC Comics), and Josh Olson (A History of Violence). Room 6A
He's got balls.

Holy Sh:eek: ...Damn Singer is gonna get defenders their I think..But the X3 guys should come there prepared...Who ever going carry a camera with you..and show the hype fan reactions

The term "fan" is short for "fanatic", so none of you (including myself) is in a position to call anyone else a "moron". We all have our obsessions.

So play nice in here please. Thanks.

antariksh said:
watch out for those words buddy.

You know this is the difference between an educated person like me and an uneducated like you :o

I don't swear at people BUT you do :down

I said knock it off.

Talk about the Comic-Con event, or I will close this thread.

Should we bring pitchforks and voodoo dolls to the event?

Chant to the stage "throw him to us! Give him to us NOW!!!" and all that stuff that angry mobs like to do?

Retroman said:
Can someone ask who made the Wolverine jacket for X3 if they go to this session? Judianna Makovsky should know that..

The Fantastic Four fans weren't even this aggressive...

-TNC

I wouldnt mind an official apology from Fox.

:up:

TNC9852002 said:
The Fantastic Four fans weren't even this aggressive...

-TNC
Well FF wasn't nearly as bad as X3. And besides, I enjoyed it. Though I hated what they did to Doom and Ben's eyebrows. :down And Alba ain't Sue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"