• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Will Peter/Spider-Man redeem himself by the end of the film?

ahem... Mr Stay Puft's name came from a character from Ghostbusters... when you say Cheesy poof... thats South Park...

btw... i liked my input in that convo :p

Angry Sentinel said:
Angry Sentinel: I hate when writers SAVE comic characters as if they have no faults, only later to trash them again because they realize it makes for a more interesting character.
Mr. Stay Cheesy Poof: Why don't you use the word redeem, it's clearly what the thread is about.
Angry Sentinel: What? Sorry didn't realize there was only one way to verbalize it.
Mr. Stay Cheesy Poof: Hey don't try and be tellin me wat to do, this is my thread and if I say REDEEM, then it's REDEEM...
Angry Sentinel: SERIOUSLY no big deal, let it go...
Mr Stay Cheesy Poof: BLAH BLAH BLAH REDEEM... BLAH BLAH BLAH REDEEM...BLAH BLAH BLAH REDEEM!!!
NightCrawler: *fake sneeze* SENTINELSALOSER!
Angry Sentinel: Ok, you guys win, I'm out of here....
Rest of hype poster: yeah, so are we, everybody knows he'll be redeemed anyway.
Peter Parker Maguire: Great, now maybe I can recover from looking like a meany or some junk.
Mr. Stay Cheesy Poof: REDEEMED DAMMIT!!!

:whatever: :woot:

Wow, you are so funny and cool. I hope when I get that many posts that I'm just like you. Now if you are ready to move on, let's do so.

*Clears throat*

Personally, I think it's going to be difficult for Raimi to make the audience accept Peter once again. Of course he's going to attempt to make him look like good ol' Peter Parker once again. But that will be difficult to pull off considering all of the things he does during the movie. And it wouldn't be enough for them to try and pass it off as "Oh, it's the symbiote's fault!" As was stated earlier, I think that's a cop out. He'll have to take responsibility for the mistakes he made, and I think his punishment will be the a**kicking he'll receive during the movie. And my point that I'm trying to make is, I don't think the audience will be sympathetic to the beating Peter is going to take. They'll feel he deserves it.

I like that. I wounder how they're going to do that because alot of people may not understand why he is doing everything.. though i'm most def sure they'll have everything about the suit explained.

I think in order for an audience to want that to happen... he has to really do something bad, n i'm thinkin something with Sandman's daughter.

I hate to draw the parallel, but it's like the "red" kryptonite is Superman 3. Did Supes need redemption in the end? No, the kryptonite did it. Sure, the symbiote "brings out the darkness within", but so what? Who hasn't got darkness within? Who doesn't want to act like a jerk sometimes? If you manage not to, then you're a "good" person. If something alien (no pun intended) prevents you from doing exactly that, how is it your fault?

And one more thing. Peter lashing out at Brock is not really something he should be ashamed for. Getting back at Harry is quite reasonable under the suit's influence. For any other person it would be reasonable even without the suit. Finally, flirting with Gwen and pushing MJ to the floor are terrible things, but not THAT HORRIBLE when they're done under an alien influence. It's not like he goes on a killing spree or worse. Plus, even under the suit's influence, he understands he shouldn't act like that and FIGHTS to get rid of it, to once again be the morally upstanding person he is. What redemption would he need after that? I'm sure he'll ask for forgiveness (and he'll get it, since those weren't really his faults), but what more?

The "beating" thing, I really don't get. Should he get brutally beaten so the audience would see it as punishment for pushing MJ? That doesn't even redeem him. Why should there be something like that?

Bottomline, I don't think flirting with another girl is that big a deal, when an ALIEN not just clouds, but downright eradicates your better judgment.

NightCrawler said:
I like that. I wounder how they're going to do that because alot of people may not understand why he is doing everything.. though i'm most def sure they'll have everything about the suit explained.

I think in order for an audience to want that to happen... he has to really do something bad, n i'm thinkin something with Sandman's daughter.
how would spidey even know who or where his daughter is, he could do something bad, you never know.

With the Spider-Man 3 poster of Sandman, who seems to be protecting a young girl, gives off the feeling that Spider-Man will know who she is.. whether they're out in public together... or he follows Sandman home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"