Smallville Smallville

I don't see much of a difference between the two. The first one has a better view of Batman, in fact.

Either way, I can't wait for the game. I am definitely getting the collector's edition of the game because the figurine that comes with it, is SICK! Anyways, yeah the Smallville S:10 cover art is bogus! I still think it's a tentative cover. This "cover art" has been around since the finale aired. Why would they just now announce this as final?

Smallville Series and Season 10 Press Release
smallvilles10.jpg

The series that redefines the origins of the world's greatest hero reaches its powerful conclusion with more revelations, more fascinating characters from DC Comics lore, and a mind-blowing, spirit-lifting finale that is everything fans could want. In this 22-Episode Season 10, super heroes emerge from the shadows, only to be driven underground by a public that labels them vigilantes.

At the same time, otherworld forces of darkness gather, presenting Clark Kent with the greatest challenge of his young life. The world he calls home and the people he loves - including Lois Lane, who now shares his secret and his life - need a champion. They shall have one. Don't miss all the hopes, heartaches and heroics of a final season to remember. They will lift you up, up and away!

November 29th, the Tuesday following the American Thanksgiving holiday (which kicks off the holiday gift-shopping season) is the correct street date for all three of these. The 10th and Final Season set, in both DVD and Blu-ray Disc format, will come with extras in the form of Commentaries on 2 Key Episodes;
Unaired Scenes;
"Smallville: Coming Home" (Cast and Creators Reflect on the Landmark 200th Episode "Homecoming," in Which Clark Kent Experiences Transformative Events on the Way to His Final Destiny);
"My Fathers, My Son" (How Clark Kent's Fathers/Son Relationships Evolved over the Series' 10 Years); and a "How Do We Do" Music Video.

Smallville - The Complete Series (billed as "the ultimate collector set for the ultimate fan") features over 192 hours of content that includes over 5 hours of newly-added special features including a never-before seen Superboy pilot from 1961, a 90 minute series retrospective with all new interviews, the 2010 final Comic Con panel, the Aquaman (a.k.a. "Mercy Reef") Pilot, and a Paley Festival featurette. Plus off-disc bonus items that includes an Exclusive Daily Planet newspaper written by DC Comics (highlighting the important storylines developed during the 10-year run of the show), 2 lay-flat picture books which hold the 62 DVDs, and an Episode Guide with never-before-seen production art (storyboards/sketches) and behind-the-scenes photos.

Smallville_S10_DVD_f.jpg

Smallville_S10_BLU_f.jpg

Source: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Smallville-The-Complete-Series-and-Season-10/15731#ixzz1TFw0qqwC

THE COVER ART SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!

Last edited:
whats even worse is that it's Brandon Routh's shadow, not Welling in costume............ which is a slap to the face

whats even worse is that it's Brandon Routh's shadow, not Welling in costume............ which is a slap to the face

Lol I didn't notice that...

so Smallville is in continuity with Superman Returns? O.O

Lol I didn't notice that...

so Smallville is in continuity with Superman Returns? O.O
In a way, it actually is and isn't. Considering the show ended in a way that was to try to force it to fit into the original film mythos, and seeing how SR is a "vague" sequel to those films, the argument can be made that they are in the same continuity, despite the fact that Lois already knows he's Superman.

Well she must have bumped her head somewhere...

Wow that cover is more terrible then all of then all of the terrible posters from FOX

Nothing unexpected from the CW. Still, I'm more interested in the content than I am in the cover.

I think a simple \S/ logo on the cover would have worked perfectly. Anyway, I'm sort of inclined to get the complete series on DVD. I know it's not blu-ray, but I sold my box sets a few months ago and I don't think they will put this out on blu-ray anytime soon. They didn't even care enough to make some good cover art.

I think a simple \S/ logo on the cover would have worked perfectly. Anyway, I'm sort of inclined to get the complete series on DVD. I know it's not blu-ray, but I sold my box sets a few months ago and I don't think they will put this out on blu-ray anytime soon. They didn't even care enough to make some good cover art.

Well... I think their thinking is that - if you are going to buy it, you are going to buy it. No one is gonna be browsing through the dvd/bluray shelf at the store and go "wow, I have some free time tonight, I'm gonna watch season 10 of smallville!" :dry:

Are you referring to the complete series not being on blu-ray? My understanding is that it would be too much money to spend on transferring the older seasons to 1080p. It's of course feasible if Smallville was more popular but I just don't think they want to spend that much money on a series that's already finished.

For some reason, it's been a continuing trend with a lot of shows this season having crappy fan-made like cover art.

Nice to hear about what's in the sets, still hate they useing that crap poster art for set cover.

As for the show it is not in line to any films/other things. Its it own thing. Always has been.

Nice to hear about what's in the sets, still hate they useing that crap poster art for set cover.

As for the show it is not in line to any films/other things. Its it own thing. Always has been.
I disagree. If the show was it's own thing, then why use the exact same exterior for the Fortress that was used in the movies? Jor-El still wore the white robe with the black shield. There were quite a few instances where it lined up with the movies. He ultimately wore the same suit that was used in the movies. Granted, that style of the suit (with different materials of course) has been the same in the comics for years, so I guess you really can't count that. I don't know, I guess there is a fine line.

The show WAS its own thing for about 4-5 seasons. After that, it was pretty clear that they were being influenced more by the films than anything else. The only major differences is that Lois found out the secret early on and Lex is a businessman who is now in charge of what has become Lexcorp, as opposed to being some criminal in pursuit of beachfront property.

The show went back and forth between being its own thing and following the comics. They killed off Jimmy yet allowed Lois to know Clark's secret before he became Superman. The show was schizophrenic.

The show went back and forth between being its own thing and following the comics. They killed off Jimmy yet allowed Lois to know Clark's secret before he became Superman. The show was schizophrenic.
Yeah, but that wasn't the real Jimmy. :oldrazz:

Yeah, but that wasn't the real Jimmy. :oldrazz:

The whole thing with Henry James Olsen still pisses me off after all these years. :cmad:

And then they have Chloe and Oliver sleeping together in the same spot where Jimmy died. :csad:

The whole thing with Henry James Olsen still pisses me off after all these years. :cmad:

And then they have Chloe and Oliver sleeping together in the same spot where Jimmy died. :csad:
Oh man, I never thought about that. Now THAT is messed up!

That cover art looks rushed and sloppy..... Pretty much just like the finale! :rimshot::awesome:

But, seriously, they couldn't do better than that? :dry:

That cover art looks rushed and sloppy..... Pretty much just like the finale! :rimshot::awesome:

But, seriously, they couldn't do better than that? :dry:

Which is sad because they had an entire year to plan it.

I'm willing to overlook alot of the things SV does that people consider ****ty, but the more I think about the final episode, the more it genuinely pisses me off. They had ten years to get there. On top of that, they had a full year knowing that this was the end. And on top of that, they had a two hour finale! And yet the entire Clark's first flight/Clark becomes Superman was done in the most ridiculous, sloppy, rushed five-minute scene I've ever witnessed. Shoot, I can even overlook them not giving us a full costume shot, because I liked the idea of the shirt rip at the very end, but the becoming Superman was just poor. Just awful.

Warrior they did favor designs and stuff from reeve films and others along with various stuff from any era of comics. But it was its own unique thing.

I'm still mad that they forced Oliver to be with Chloe and not Dinah! :cmad:

Also, seeing how they handled the thing with Henry James' little brother taking over, I think it wouldn't have been so bad if they had decided that Jimmy's little brother takes over but uses the name as a tribute to his brother who he admired a lot, as opposed to completely trying to unsuccessfully fool the viewer into thinking that Jimmy wasn't really Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"