Justice League Snyder vs Whedon Shot comparison

I preferred the one with Bruce and Diana discussing the potential leaguers. Why cut that out? That was already a bit jokey. And it was more of Diana. I would've thought they would want to showcase Gal as much as possible.

All scenes that consumed run-time were either cut or reshot to get a smaller runtime.

Slow day :oldrazz:

Edit: seriously though, imagine Diane Lane getting emotionally ready for the reunion scene, and was told to just run from the car to Cavill, and puff for 2 seconds, done.

The reunion between Clark and Martha and Clark and Lois was so shallow and emotionless. I just watched Deep Water Horizon and at the end when Mike and his wife see each other again there are tears, hugging, relief, happiness, and sadness expressed in the scene. I kept thinking that is what Lois should have shown when she sees Clark again. Instead she just treats it like "oh OK you're back". And Martha's reaction.... bottom line I just didn't feel it.

The reunion between Clark and Martha and Clark and Lois was so shallow and emotionless. I just watched Deep Water Horizon and at the end when Mike and his wife see each other again there are tears, hugging, relief, happiness, and sadness expressed in the scene. I kept thinking that is what Lois should have shown when she sees Clark again. Instead she just treats it like "oh OK you're back". And Martha's reaction.... bottom line I just didn't feel it.

09dMRWT.gif

I thought the reunion scene was fine but it wasn't the tearjerker it should have been. Like, I still get choked up in MoS when Martha tells Clark "I'm just scared...that they'll take you away from me" and Clark replies with a warm smile "I'm not going anywhere mom, I promise," That GETS ME in the feels and that same emotional gravitas was absent when these two were reunited.

in my head before the movie dropped I had clark saying to martha "I told you I'm not going anywhere mom, I promise" again at the farm

but that would probably be too nice of a callback

Except he did go somewhere... he died... he just came back.

Last edited:
I still cannot believe theybhad the nerve to show us that beautiful scene of Clark and Lois and the ring and then cut the whole damn thing out of the movie. That is so infuriating. And that trailer came out, when, late September? They knew full well they werent gonna use that scene.

At least what we got instead of that scene was worthwhile... uncanny face Clark describing resuscitation as "itchy".

GB brought it up so now GB must now explain it.... WTF does resurrection being itchy mean? How did that get the green light? Poor Joss must have had 2hrs to write that scene.

My wife said this on multiple occasions. She had a problem with how Amy didn't act emotional or dramatic enough in both BvS and JL. She mentioned how hysterical she would have been if it was me and that they didn't sell it enough.

I felt it a tiny bit and got teary eyes on my second viewing but the whole "itchy" and "you smell good" **** was insulting. Seriously, WB took a f#_cking vacation during the reshoots. That **** made it into the final cut for Christ sake.

I still cannot believe theybhad the nerve to show us that beautiful scene of Clark and Lois and the ring and then cut the whole damn thing out of the movie. That is so infuriating. And that trailer came out, when, late September? They knew full well they werent gonna use that scene.

The story was still Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder. Chris Terrio and Whedon ended up with screenplay credit. I would love love LOVE to hear Terrio's experience of these two Snyder-directed movies.

ok... i guess i'll start

DSBGx77XUAEyRbz.jpg

So from the top! I have never gotten the hang of quoting multiple times so bear with me.
Comparison 1
I don't know if this is really a good comparison because one is a straight on shot and the other is at an angle. But in the second shot, which I assume is Whedon, Ben does look to have a little extra meat on his cheeks. To me the colors in the shots aren't that different.

Comparison 2
Of course I'm going to like the one on the left more because we get an ab shot; in addition this image seems more real to me, while the one on the right looks like it is just a man standing in front of one of those fake backgrounds we had at school on picture day.

I can not even describe this I am so irritated!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABY!!!!!
In the left one he looks cool and intimidating and in the right one he looks like he is Regan Macneil's older brother; plus his forehead is too shiny.

Ok, I have no idea what is going on here; a lot of people on the board have been saying Ben got botox and was out of shape; and is also wearing a wig. Also in the right image I think there is too much light whereas in the first image the light complements the scene and actors, in the right image it overwhelms and makes me wish someone would pull down the shades.

We'll be back after these messages

They even used the MOS theme. :csad:

They don't care what audience will think.

Man, I just cant wait until Johns or Roven or whoever finally breaks their silence, because they have to eventually right? I really want to hear their justification for this cluster**** of a mess they made. Although, all it'll end up doing is probably angering us even more. The PR spin on this should be very entertaining to watch. At least with SS David Ayer himself came out several times and said "guys, look, I ****ed up, things happened and I made wrong choices but Im putting my vest foot forward and will give you a much better movie next time."

Who's there to step forward for this?

Man, I just cant wait until Johns or Roven or whoever finally breaks their silence, because they have to eventually right? I really want to hear their justification for this cluster**** of a mess they made. Although, all it'll end up doing is probably angering us even more. The PR spin on this should be very entertaining to watch. At least with SS David Ayer himself came out several times and said "guys, look, I ****ed up, things happened and I made wrong choices but Im putting my vest foot forward and will give you a much better movie next time."

I don't blame Johns for this one. He was working with both Snyder and Terrio back in preproduction for a while trying to get the script for the movie to the WB's liking and their script was the one Snyder shot. However the WB still got scared because Superman wasn't smiling throughout the movie and they felt there wasn't enough jokes and it was still too serious and long. I think it is sad.

Gotta say, I never dreamed the first JL film ever would be as mishandled as this.

My wife said this on multiple occasions. She had a problem with how Amy didn't act emotional or dramatic enough in both BvS and JL. She mentioned how hysterical she would have been if it was me and that they didn't sell it enough.

I felt it a tiny bit and got teary eyes on my second viewing but the whole "itchy" and "you smell good" **** was insulting. Seriously, WB took a f#_cking vacation during the reshoots. That **** made it into the final cut for Christ sake.

The test audiences reacted positively to those. :o

justice-league-movie-trailer-2.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-11-04%2Bat%2B11.22.07%2BAM.png

I just wish there was a happy medium between

basically monochromatic/the lighting crew took the day off

and

oversaturated to hell with literally no shadows or contrast

Those are actually shots from the same day. Look at Bruce's hair, the tufts are identical between the two, and they are likely 2 diff takes of the same shot on the same day.
The difference is entirely from post production.

You can see similar changes from the earliest trailers even, well before the re-shoots. As the look of a film is continuously evolving and is not finalized til after the FINAL cut is finished, shots will often change from trailer to trailer.

That said, we've seen far MORE than the usual with this film, particularly with the re-shoots, but also with exaggerated changes in colour grading like this.

So, in other words, while this was NOT a matter of a re-shoot, it WAS a matter of Whedon/studio meddling.

I don't even blame Whedon anymore. IMO this was more or less studio meddling because the way I see if it wasn't Whedon who did the reshoots then it would've just been somebody else.

It's interesting to note that even Whedon was not putting his 100 % effort for the reshoots of this movie, there's no way that he could have managed to make Avengers successful if he had followed the same approach for JL.

I think "you smell good" bit was Snyder. Henry doesn't have a cgi face and isn't wearing a wig.

I think "you smell good" bit was Snyder. Henry doesn't have a cgi face and isn't wearing a wig.

Correct. That whole landing on the farm scene is Snyder. This is the guy who's version of the film you want to see. Has everyone here forgotten that Snyder is the guy who's made 2 previous CBM that completely divided fans and critics and yet apparently people think his version would have been so much better LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"