Solo: A Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' started by DarthSkywalker, May 11, 2018.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

What guarantees are there after this movie is the worst-performing Star Wars film ever?

They might just keep Maul in the other media stuff because of that.

2. Roose Bolton

Roose Bolton Son of Katas

I doubt they're going to look at the box office at the end of the day and blame it on Maul.

3. Karelia

Karelia Grand Admiral Thrawn

If anything, I think Maul has gotten fans excited about future installments. And got people curious how he's still alive.

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

I'm not talking about blaming Maul. I'm talking about diverting from their current plans

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

A new movie isn't really going to explore that since that story has already been told by Lucasfilm. He's been alive for the past several eyars.

6. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

You are looking at this through an MCU lense. There are no current plans for Maul. Howard had a list of people to use in that scene. And he picked Maul. Maul is not some Thanos like element that will be used through the upcoming anthologies, despite the rampant speculation.

7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

You say that, but it definitely comes off like sequel bait or a setup for a future film.

Also, why should I believe Ron Howard?

8. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Only if you ignore the entirety of the new Star Wars canon. Especially since they used his Rebels look and voice.

9. Roose Bolton

What plans?

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

1. Kenobi Movie
    2. Boba Fett Movie
    3. Rian Johnson Trilogy
    4. Benioff and Weiss Movie Series

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

No idea. But isn't it well documented they were open to doing future films starring Ehrenreich as Han and signed him for multiple films?

12. Roose Bolton

Only one of those could factor the end of Solo in it though...

13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Why only one? Why not Boba Fett being a factor? Fett worked for crime lords like Jabba the Hutt.

14. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

You don't know this. This is coming straight out of your ass, none of us have any information either way.

I doubt he'll be a "Thanos" in that way that multiple movies all converge into a big "Maul event movie, duuuudes!", but there's more than a decent chance he'll be showing up again in something. Whether that was always the plan or not pre-Solo production is pretty much irrelevant.

They've set him up as the head of a major crime syndicate between trilogies, who one of the three leads from Solo is set up as working for. You could have very easily killed her off. That character they determined as her boss basically demands being someone important ("important" as in on this crime/lowlife level, not in the galactic scheme of things), or they'd have gone the other way and had him as some random new crime kingpin.

There's a middle-ground between "insignificant easter-egg, we'll never see him again!" and "he's Lucasfilms' THANOS! *cue dramatic music*".

Maul not being that important in the saga other than Rebels doesn't mean he won't be seen again. We've got a Boba movie coming, we've heard rumors of some ensemble gangster movie. If those are set in this period, it's more than likely the ugly horny-headed bastard is making an appearance.

15. Roose Bolton

Fett was the one I was referring to. You silly, vile goose.

16. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

Plenty of people Fett could be working for, given how much time's left before ANH. He doesn't necessarily have to be on Jabba's payroll just yet.

And even then, the history between he and Han seems pretty overblown. Besides Han knowing the guy's name, what indicators are there in the OT it's anything personal between them? Boba himself just comes off like it's a fat paycheck - Greedo's the guy that seems like he's wanted to cut Solo's balls off for ten years.

17. Roose Bolton

I don't think Han and Boba will have any kind of relationship.

18. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

Hope not, anyway. They should be aware of one another by rep, but don't have it some personal blood-feud. Jabba wants Han in Empire, is offering a huge price, Boba's ambitious and likes having a fat wallet, bing-bang-boom.

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

If they aren't happy with Solo and are going to spend the next six months figuring out what the should do, maybe they decide they are no longer doing Boba Fett for right now. Maybe it makes less sense to include Darth Maul in another movie.

20. Roose Bolton

Or maybe it does the opposite, and they double down on the Maul narrative.

21. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Hey, you could be right. We shall see.

22. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

So I've pretty much decided this is my favorite of these new SW movies. Which is saying a ****ing lot because I expected to forget about this movie in a week before I saw it. But it's surprisingly stuck with me.

It's by no means the best, but it's the most interesting. The fact I'm saying that about a Han Solo movie is a shock.

23. Karelia

Karelia Grand Admiral Thrawn

Honestly feel the same. It just feels so Star Wars. It has really stuck with me. I wanna catch at least one more time in theater, but I may not get to.

24. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

It's weird, while I don't love Solo, there are things about it I like more than Rogue One. The Kessel Run sequence is almost done to near perfection IMO.

25. writer0327

writer0327 Registered

Honestly, the heist elements of Solo is what I wanted from Rogue One. Stealing the coaxium was the best part of the film and when I thought of a group of ragtag rebels stealing the Death Star plans, that's what I imagined.