Solo Solo: A Spoiler Thread

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Considering the film was viewed last night and potential news today, I thought it would be right to finally have a spoiler thread for this place.

We don't have to tag spoiler in this thread right?

Anyone can comment on the leak Qi'ra's crime boss is Maul?

That’s what I’m hearing. It’s a bummer there’s no Fett is in this movie though.

I wonder if the the Maul crime-boss thing is gonna be a teaser for something that has to do with the Kenobi film? It’s a shame they had to close his life officially Rebels.

I'm fine if Boba Fett doesn't appear. I don't need him to cameo just to have him in it.

We saw how stupid it was in Rogue One just to have original trilogy characters for no reason, specifically Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba, which was dumb.

That’s my point though. That was a stupid cameo in RO but Fett in this one would’ve felt like a more natural cameo. Especially considering he seemed surprised he was around in ROTJ. But I’m not gonna sweat it and am still trying to wrap my head around as to who Enfys Nest is under the mask.

I'd have been fine if they wanted to establish a professional rivalry with Boba Fett, but I honestly would've wanted more than a cameo for that and an actual subplot.

At the same time, Boba Fett was a fairly minor character in the original trilogy. So I don't feel entitled that Lucasfilm HAVE to use him even though I want to see more of him.

And I say that being pretty unhappy with how they worked Boba Fett into Attack of the Clones.

I think if Boba shows up, he will show up in a sequel down the road. Along with Jabba.

Yes, they may be saving those two for a story to tie the Solo spinoffs to the saga.

This is a spoiler thread, right? BECAUSE...

I love how EVERYONE just assumed this movie would have Fett in it. And he's not, but Maul is!? That is ****ing awesome. What a great surprise. Kind of regret looking at spoilers now.

The fact that they are acknowledging the expanded universe (TCW/Rebels) with Maul's inclusion makes me so, so happy. Filoni is getting his live action film down the road for sure now.

I can't believe how excited I am for this. A year ago I was indifferent about a Solo film.

HONestly the Maul reveal blows me away, because it shows a level of connectivity not even seen in the MCU. I mean the MCU shows take the films into account but the films seem like they’ll never acknowledge the TV shows. This not only acknowledges a show, two shows in fact, but a cartoon that even started before the Disney acquisition and survived the EU Purge. And from what I gather, it’ll come out of nowhere to the general public, and give no explanation in this film. Even if the film doesn’t live up to most of the other film, this alone will stand out to me.

Do we see nerfs being herded?

HONestly the Maul reveal blows me away, because it shows a level of connectivity not even seen in the MCU. I mean the MCU shows take the films into account but the films seem like they’ll never acknowledge the TV shows. This not only acknowledges a show, two shows in fact, but a cartoon that even started before the Disney acquisition and survived the EU Purge. And from what I gather, it’ll come out of nowhere to the general public, and give no explanation in this film. Even if the film doesn’t live up to most of the other film, this alone will stand out to me.

It may be a level of connectivity unseen in the MCU, but the MCU is much smarter about how it connects things. As far as the general public is concerned, Darth Maul died in 1999. You can't bring him back in another feature film with no explanation and expect the audience to go watch a cartoon to understand why he's still alive. For that reason, I find it far less impressive than what Marvel's done.

Ehh, Fett's a sissyman anyway.

And there never seemed to be a "rivalry" between Han and Boba anyway, not on a personal level. It's just a job and a fat paycheck for Boba, if anything it was Greedo that seemed to have a hard-on for wasting Han.

To anyone familiar with the Han Solo novels know a Boba Fett cameo makes sense if he gets to tell Han, Q'ira has died because he promised to let her family know she died?!

That's Bria Laren or who Jyn Erso replaced in Rogue One!

Jabba is just alluded to at the end of the film as a big shot gangster on Tatooine, but he doesn't appear.

Got this from a reliable source:

In Corellia, Han (Alden Ehrenreich) and Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) steal a fuel pod to bribe their way into an Imperial transport and escape from mobsters to whom they are indebted. Qi’ra is captured, and Han is forced to enlist in the Imperial Academy to escape. He is determined to return to Corellia to rescue Qi’ra. The recruiter names him “Han Solo”.

Three years later, Han is stationed in Mimban, where he meets a group of criminals led by Tobias Beckett (Woody Harrelson), who are masquerading as Imperial officers to steal fuel pods. Han wants to join them, but they frame him for attempted desertion, and he is arrested. In prison, Han befriends Chewbacca and they escape together and are recruited by Beckett.

Beckett and his crew attempt to steal the fuel pods from a train, but are ambushed by Enfys Nest and the Cloud Riders. Everyone dies aside from Han, Chewbacca and Beckett, and Han loses the fuel pods. Beckett is indebted to “a gangster from Tatooine” and approaches Corellian mobster Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany) for a loan. Vos agrees in exchange for Beckett stealing the unstable fuel source from Kessel. Han reunites with Qi’ra, who is now Vos’ lover. She joins the crew as Vos’ representative.

Han meets smuggler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) and his droid companion L3-37 (Phoebe Waller Bridge), and gambles with Lando for the Millennium Falcon. Lando wins by cheating, but later joins the crew in exchange for a cut of Vos’ profits. They reach Kessel by performing the perilous Kessel Run, and retrieve the fuel source from Empire-controlled underground mines, filled with enslaved Wookies and droids. Chewbacca and L3-37 lead an uprising, resulting in a massive shootout with Imperial forces, during which L3-37 is destroyed and Lando is injured. Han and Chewbacca pilot with Millennium Falcon, performing the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, and escape from the Empire.

The crew goes to a refinery in Saraven to process the fuel source into fuel pods, where they are once again confronted by the Cloud Riders. Lando escapes in the Millennium Falcon. The Cloud Riders are freedom fighters who want to prevent the fuel from falling into the hands of the organized crime. Han and Qi’ra sympathize with them and conspire to deliver fake fuel pods to Vos. Beckett fakes his death and leaves.

Han and Qi’ra reunite with Vos, only to learn that Beckett has betrayed them and informed Vos of their plan in exchange for the money. Beckett escapes, while Han and Qi’ra kill Vos and his men. Han chases Beckett back to Saraven, but Qi’ra refuses to follow him because she has “done too much to go back”. After he leaves, she reports to her real employer - Darth Maul.

In Saraven, Han and Beckett get into a standoff. Han shoots first, killing Beckett. Han leaves the fuel with the Cloud Riders, who give them to the Rebel Alliance. He then tracks down Lando and challenges him to a rematch. Han steals Lando’s cheat card and wins the Millennium Falcon in a fair game. Han and Chewbacca then decide to go to Tatooine to meet the gangster that Beckett was indebted to, who has a job offer for them.

Has anyone gotten confirmation yet on the actress playing Enfys Nest? I know she is credited on IMDB as playing a character called “Lexi” but I keep hearing that Lily Newmark is revealed as playing her when she takes the helmet off.

MV5BODBiN2U3NGEtNTA4Mi00MDNkLWE4NDEtZGE5NWRiZWM5ZmFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg1MjQ0NzY@._V1_SY1000_SX750_AL_.jpg

So no Jabba or Greedo?

It does seem like there are at least tentative plans for more Solo adventures with Ehrenreich, so there's no real need for those guys yet I guess. This is pretty early-on in his life, we've got about 7-8 years timeline-wise in which he can get involved with Jabba's syndicate. Doing jobs for Jabba for a half-decade seems about right.

Greedo's definitely demanding more context with Han than Boba is, though, never got where that "they're arch enemies" assumption came from. Han knows of the guy given speaking his name at the start of Jedi, but we never get anything to indicate any more. But with Greedo there's some definite history there.

Got this from a reliable source:

In Corellia, Han (Alden Ehrenreich) and Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) steal a fuel pod to bribe their way into an Imperial transport and escape from mobsters to whom they are indebted. Qi’ra is captured, and Han is forced to enlist in the Imperial Academy to escape. He is determined to return to Corellia to rescue Qi’ra. The recruiter names him “Han Solo”.

Three years later, Han is stationed in Mimban, where he meets a group of criminals led by Tobias Beckett (Woody Harrelson), who are masquerading as Imperial officers to steal fuel pods. Han wants to join them, but they frame him for attempted desertion, and he is arrested. In prison, Han befriends Chewbacca and they escape together and are recruited by Beckett.

Beckett and his crew attempt to steal the fuel pods from a train, but are ambushed by Enfys Nest and the Cloud Riders. Everyone dies aside from Han, Chewbacca and Beckett, and Han loses the fuel pods. Beckett is indebted to “a gangster from Tatooine” and approaches Corellian mobster Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany) for a loan. Vos agrees in exchange for Beckett stealing the unstable fuel source from Kessel. Han reunites with Qi’ra, who is now Vos’ lover. She joins the crew as Vos’ representative.

Han meets smuggler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) and his droid companion L3-37 (Phoebe Waller Bridge), and gambles with Lando for the Millennium Falcon. Lando wins by cheating, but later joins the crew in exchange for a cut of Vos’ profits. They reach Kessel by performing the perilous Kessel Run, and retrieve the fuel source from Empire-controlled underground mines, filled with enslaved Wookies and droids. Chewbacca and L3-37 lead an uprising, resulting in a massive shootout with Imperial forces, during which L3-37 is destroyed and Lando is injured. Han and Chewbacca pilot with Millennium Falcon, performing the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, and escape from the Empire.

The crew goes to a refinery in Saraven to process the fuel source into fuel pods, where they are once again confronted by the Cloud Riders. Lando escapes in the Millennium Falcon. The Cloud Riders are freedom fighters who want to prevent the fuel from falling into the hands of the organized crime. Han and Qi’ra sympathize with them and conspire to deliver fake fuel pods to Vos. Beckett fakes his death and leaves.

Han and Qi’ra reunite with Vos, only to learn that Beckett has betrayed them and informed Vos of their plan in exchange for the money. Beckett escapes, while Han and Qi’ra kill Vos and his men. Han chases Beckett back to Saraven, but Qi’ra refuses to follow him because she has “done too much to go back”. After he leaves, she reports to her real employer - Darth Maul.

In Saraven, Han and Beckett get into a standoff. Han shoots first, killing Beckett. Han leaves the fuel with the Cloud Riders, who give them to the Rebel Alliance. He then tracks down Lando and challenges him to a rematch. Han steals Lando’s cheat card and wins the Millennium Falcon in a fair game. Han and Chewbacca then decide to go to Tatooine to meet the gangster that Beckett was indebted to, who has a job offer for them.

Wow, shocking, especially after Beckett has a line in the trailer about how everyone betrays you. I bet there's even a "I told you that" in the scene when it's revealed. Honestly, after TLJ where Del Toro's character did something similar, I'm disappointed they went this route again. The mentor betraying the student trope needs to die.

Enfys Nest being a teenage girl is such a dumb idea. Not because having a teen girl is bad in a Star Wars movie (although they should tread carefully given the past reception to children and teens in past SW movies), but because they intentionally kept the character's identity secret.

Can you imagine the outrage when fans discover that the menacing-looking villain from the trailers is a 16-year-old? If you want to have a character who's a teen girl just put her in the movie. This reveal just seems like it's asking for trouble. This kind of thing really makes me think that Lucasfilm is intentionally poking the fanbase with a stick at this point.

Seek help, man.

Also, if you've read the other spoilers flowing around, you'll see she's not a bad guy. It's all gray-area stuff, like the ruthless mofo special forces/CIA-equivalent types in R1.

But "whaa girls whaa" indeed. They're taking your Star Wars!

I'm assuming you have a problem with the big menacing villain from the Rogue One trailers turning out to be an easily-superceded-by-pulling-rank temper-tantrum-throwing p*ssy, too? Consistency would basically demand it.

Whoa, the trailers don't give away the movie! What a concept!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"