Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War NON-SPOILER User Review Thread

They did it. They actually did it....they delivered on nearly 10 years of build up. IW is a CB event story come to life and executed just about perfectly. Any issues I have are minor and have more to do with personal preference than anything else.

The humor, the epic action, the character moments and the emotion really delivered like no other CBM I've ever seen. And best of all they delivered the best villain since Vader. Incredible.

IW is not just the best MCU movie for me but its the best CBM ever period.

:im::bh::cap:

10 years of movies and glances at the Titan Thanos and here we are.
Thanos has arrived to lay waste to the universe and give it "balance' Who can possibly stop him?
The Avengers,Black Panther and the Wakandians,and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

This movie.....im exhausted.....but for the most part in a good way.
The film gives Thanos a great foundation to work from.Thanos (Josh Brolin absolutely incredible in the role) well just like with Kilmonger in Black Panther hey i hear you big guy,i understand your point of view but you are going about it in the wrong way.
He is definitely one of the best villains i have seen in the Marvel films.His scenes with his daughter (Zoe Saldana as Gamora) past and present added to the aforementioned foundation.
Oh and his "children" The Black Order: Ebony Maw (Tom Vaughan-Lawlor truly the standout !!),Proxima Midnight (Carrie Coon),Corvus Glaive (Michael James Shaw),and Cull Obsidian (Terry Notary) are tough,haunting and tauntingly bad ass.

Characters meeting for the first time and interacting were a joy to watch and listen to from Tony Stark/Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. and and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) Spider-Man (Tom Holland), and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) Star Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Buatista), Rocket Racoon (Bradley Cooper), Teen Groot (Terry Notary), and Mantis (Pom Klementieff) with Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and fan favorites Captain-America (Chris Evans) Vision (Paul Bettany) ,Scarlett Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) (Chadwick Boseman),Letitia Wright as Shuri, Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo),Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow,Danai Gurira as Okoye and Spider-Man (Tom Holland) are given time to shine.

I love battle scenes in which warring kingdoms throw everything they can at each other on the battlefield and it was awesome to see this done on such a grand scale in this movie.
The film even fits in a little romance
I know some writers,Directors,and studios are on the fence about taking chances with their audiences with certain endings or plot twists they think up but im glad Directors: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo and writers
Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely decided to jump off the fence.

My problems with the film,the CGI was off here and there,there is a bit of a tonal inbalance.The film was a bit bloated with far to much dwelling on certain plot threads.

This is a movie with a lot of moving parts.For the most part it runs smoothly with some moving moments and thrilling ones,and probably one of the most talked about and numbing cliffhangers i have ever seen on the big screen
Where do we go from here?

Scale of 1-10 a 9

Following up on my post from the previous page, I ended up seeing the movie again, this time in 70mm IMAX. Honestly, I'm not so sure it was worth the expense—sure it was awesome seeing the action on an epically giant screen, but it didn't really transport me into the movie in the same way that other IMAX movies have, like...Dunkirk or TDK, where Nolan used IMAX to full effect.

Clearly the Russos aren't as proficient as Nolan when it comes to full 70mm IMAX, so I'm not sure I'd recommend seeing the movie in that format. But definitely the largest screen possible barring IMAX, probably.

This was a supreme movie. It was a truly unbelievable watch. Loved every minute.
Might be my favourite MCU movie but will give it time to breath.

Infinity War was AMAZING.

Marvel Studios accomplished what they've been building up for years.

Thank you, Marvel Studios! Can't wai for Avengers 4!

Was every theatre experience like mine, complete silence when the movie was over?

Was every theatre experience like mine, complete silence when the movie was over?

Mine was.. all 4 times I have seen it. Wait, I have actually seen it 5 times now. lol. You could basically hear a pin drop once Thanos steps into Wakanda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"