Something We All May Need To Do Post-may 26!

Bob Jahovic said:
I don't believe that it was Bosef's intention to spark a debate regarding the short-comings of Godzilla...

I do have to admit, Bosef, as I got to about half-way through your post, you sounded more like a person calling us to war against the evil entity that is Fox. I'm not sure if that was your intention, but...

That's why I enjoyed it so much. :)

Got me riled up.

deathshead2 said:
:( I liked godzilla:(
LOL!...

I do have to admit, Bosef, as I got to about half-way through your post, you sounded more like a person calling us to war against the evil entity that is Fox. I'm not sure if that was your intention, but...
hahaha!..yeah.......but im not going to "War" with fox because of what we heard or read......

i have nothing (of X3) against them because of what ive seen..

I'm going to wait to pass final judgement on the film until I have seen it.

As far as I am concerned, I have spent far too much time looking through facts and rumors about this movie to go into it with the pre-concieved notion that it will be horrible.

Bob Jahovic said:
calling us to war against the evil entity that is Fox

We may have to

How many great TV Shows have they cancelled just to cancel them for crap ?

How many great Comic Books turned out to be meh Movies because of Time Length when the Deleted Scenes for Movies like Fantastic Four would have helped made the Movie 100 % better & a hell of alot more enjoyable. FOX needs to WAKE THE **** UP

For all we know, X-men 3 may be the movie that makes us all completely reconcider Fox in terms of the caliber of its movies.

I'm pulling for X-3 all the way!

TheVileOne said:
No dammit. It means just because trailers and TV spots look good doesn't mean the movie ALWAYS will be.

Good God man.
well... like i said it does mean it will be good OR BAD...

Guys...Godzilla...Go Away.

Let us concentrate on the now! X3!
LMAO!...:)

But I did
it was ok... but awesome compared to chinas version:o

Dnsk said:
We may have to

How many great TV Shows have they cancelled just to cancel them for crap ?

How many great Comic Books turned out to be meh Movies because of Time Length when the Deleted Scenes for Movies like Fantastic Four would have helped made the Movie 100 % better & a hell of alot more enjoyable. FOX needs to WAKE THE **** UP
Too many!:down :up:

xwolverine2 said:
well... like i said it does mean it will be good OR BAD...

LMAO!...:)

it was ok... but awesome compared to chinas version:o
You mean Japan they made Godzilla.

Dnsk said:
A one sentence post is never bosefs style
true...:D :D :p ..i had to struggle to read it:O :(

For all we know, X-men 3 may be the movie that makes us all completely reconcider Fox in terms of the caliber of its movies.

I'm pulling for X-3 all the way!
possibly...

Come on...even an organization as foul and evil as Fox deserves a fighting chance.

You can't kill them before they've had a chance to speak their piece.

For all we know, these could be the best 103 minutes of our lives.

Do I dare...?

Yeah...why not...

"Who will you stand with?"

deathshead2 said:
You mean Japan they made Godzilla.
w/e!:rolleyes: ....

XW2, you're not really helping the cause...
what cause?.....i dont give a damb about ANY cause....why?...because i know this movie will rock just as good as the others did...and i have accepted that this is an adaptation of the x-men and it will have its differences....

Let me amend to.

X3 could still be spectacular. But, as of right now, this running time is EXTREMELY CONCERNING. My post is intended as a warning in general, that there has to come a time where we stop tolerating things like ELektra, and Fantastic Four and we put our love of the character above our want of just seeing them.

If X3 is good, as I said in my post, we will treat Fox with the respect they will deserve.

If it is bad, then hell hath no fury like an X-Fan scorned!

That's my line of thinking.

Perhaps the short-running time is because of Ratner, not FOX? He did say he wanted a short cut from the getgo, because of his short-attention span. And Kinberg & Penn have been pushing this short-running time possibility for weeks.

The running time has sparked so many negative things, no I guess it is Fox's track record.

Awesome post, very well said.

And Godzilla, no the trailers weren't good, all they did was say, come see this movie to see how Godzilla looks redesigned, and then sit through over an hour still waiting to see. It was a byproduct of the come see our fx age, which unfortunatley still exists but is dwindling. The movie is a perfect example of how a movie can be too long, with too much build up.

Seen said:
Perhaps the short-running time is because of Ratner, not FOX? He did say he wanted a short cut from the getgo, because of his short-attention span. And Kinberg & Penn have been pushing this short-running time possibility for weeks.

Personally, the jaded part of me thinks that all this came after the fact that FOX possibly mandated a shorter running time. Ratner has made long movies before. I don't quite believe he prefers shorter cuts and I believe Kinberg & Penn would have gone gaga over a longer running time. Unfortunately, I feel like it's all spin to support the film despite the fact that FOX "possibly" mandated a shorter film. Again, not saying it means it'll be awful, just that I don't believe that Ratner and Co. preferred it to be as short as it is.

Wow. I dont come on this fourm all day and everything has gone crazy! So its confirmed thats it 1 hour and 43 mins? Lame but whatever, it is just a movie not the end of my life.

I don't know guys. While the trialers i've seen looked good, I still have a dread feeling about this film. i fear FOX has a stinker and wants to rake in as much cash as possiable. A shorter running time will help. More showings in a day is a given. The, Cure, Phoenix and what ever else just scares me. It may be to convuluted. I'm pretty certain there will be no Sentinals with this short running time. Why FOX just didn't wait is beyond me. Why they put writers like Kinberg and Penn on this project is beyond me. Why Vaughan left the project never sat right with me. That whole crap about not wanting to uproot his family always came across as a pr clean up. The man had to know what he was going to have to do when he was offered the project. I have no problem with Ratner. We also have a few new characters who we can assume will get little screen time and character development. The critics are going to have a field day. Also no press screening before the movie is released will confirm my fears. I know Cannas is coming up, but something tells me that it'll be scraped by FOX with some phoney reason. I believe it's a ploy to pull in interest and then at the last minuate they'll say the film wasn't ready.

I could also be wrong, if the film is shown at Cannas we'll be seeing a review possiabley hours after it's shown on the net or the next day at the latest. I hope I',m wrong but dread is in the back of my mind.

bosef982 said:
I was actually doing a subtle mimic of X3 alone.

But, in the end, I am saying that we have to do something. We're being dicked over as fans. Studios are basically taking our devotion, loyalty, and love of our characters and drudging us through us.

I just think there comes a time where -- barring Avi Arad calling us idiots -- we need to just tell studios you don't deserve us.

Um yeah I caught that. I laughed when I read down to the end of the speech (thinking "damn Magneto") only to see your sig... lol

i will give fox a chance with the 1 hour and 43 minutes .. i think as an x-men i have no doubt that i will enjoy the film... but as a cyclops fan i will be very critical, given all the controversy around his character ..

theres been a lot of expectation from fox who gave us great films like x1, x2, and spiderman's 1 and 2(though i personally did not like spider 2 too much). and we've all felt the bitter sting of disappointment from hulk, daredevil, electra, and ff4 .. and with singer and his team off x3 and a new director and team, fans are even more anxious especially since they claim it to be the last xfilm. so in that sense i understand why people have been very critical and vocal about their opinions which can be both positive and negastive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"