Morbius Sony announces a Morbius movie in development!

I know it's petty, but after seeing the Venom trailers, all I can think is, "I wonder how badly they will mispronounce 'Morbius' ".
Sim. Buy. Oats. Really?

Marbius. Murbius. Morbeous. Marbles.

I know it's petty, but after seeing the Venom trailers, all I can think is, "I wonder how badly they will mispronounce 'Morbius' ".
Sim. Buy. Oats. Really?

It's a legitimate pronunciation of the word. It's just that the Animated Series kind of cemented our accepted pronunciation.

Symbiotic relationship. How do you pronounce it?

I thought for sure I commented on this before, looks like I thought wrong.
I hope that Jared Leto would at least care enough to be as sympathetic as possible, and is given a good representation. Michael Morbius is more of a sympathetic anti-hero/unintentional villain by nature.

I don't care for the modern additional idea of the character being always a sick fragile boy until he became a scientific anomaly of a vampire, I prefer the idea that his disease was something additional and foreign to his formerly healthy body.
Symbiotic relationship. How do you pronounce it?
Sim-bei-oat-ic.

I don't care for the sem-bio-tech pronunciation, knew it was a legit way to pronounce the word for a few years, and I still don't like to say it.

Seriously, why a Morbius movie without Spider-Man or Blade?

Because Sony wants that franchise moolah desperately.

Seriously, why a Morbius movie without Spider-Man or Blade?

Because amy pascal is an idiot. She looked at marvel and thought we can do that. We have the rights to thousands of comic book characters. We can do loads of films. Problem is they messed up their star, so had to do a deal with marvel to get him popular. Now they are doing their own films on the side hoping that they can join them up in an enemble when they get spidey back.

Problem is i don't think fans want two seperate universes and marvel don't want films in their universe that they have no control over. We love having spidey in the mcu, so i don't think it matters how good the films are they are not going to match the mcu. Xmen were a little different as it is arguable they are better off in their own universe.

Because amy pascal is an idiot. She looked at marvel and thought we can do that. We have the rights to thousands of comic book characters. We can do loads of films. Problem is they messed up their star, so had to do a deal with marvel to get him popular. Now they are doing their own films on the side hoping that they can join them up in an enemble when they get spidey back.

Problem is i don't think fans want two seperate universes and marvel don't want films in their universe that they have no control over. We love having spidey in the mcu, so i don't think it matters how good the films are they are not going to match the mcu. Xmen were a little different as it is arguable they are better off in their own universe.
And I'm predicting there's gonna be another Sony leak and the Morbius and Nightwatch films are scrapped.

I can’t believe Leto got another job as a comic book villain.

NFrL.gif

‘Morbius’ Producers Praise Star Jared Leto

Venom producers Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, who next produce another Spider-Man-less spinoff in the Jared Leto-led Morbius, expect big things from the Suicide Squad star.

Fans can expect to start hearing more about the project “soon,” Tolmach told ComicBook.com. “We’re obviously working on Morbius now. That’s sort of next up for us.”

Tolmach said he expects “awesomeness” from the Academy Award-winning actor, who famously took a method approach when unleashing his take on the Joker in Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad. “Just a similar level of intensity and charisma and devotion to the character.”

“And loving the character,” added Arad, a longtime producer on Marvel-inspired projects, from Blade to the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy. Tolmach confirmed, saying Leto “loves the character.”

I was open minded about a Morbius solo, after Venom I'm optimistic about it.
I would like a "monster" crossover between those two and Silk in the future, heck, call up Drew Goddard, after he saw Sinister Six and X-Force fade away, he deserves it.
Third time's the charm?

After Venom, I'm even more pessimistic about a Morbius movie.

I liked Venom very much, but for Morbius I'd like them to go on a bit of a different route. Much more of a tragic feel like The Fly, Darkman, The Dead Zone, and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Yeah, IMO variety in tones and genres is of the utmost necessity if this proposed universe wants a chance to become a reality.
I'm even open-minded about things like Jackpot and Nightwatch, they are almost blank slates, so no reason to not try something new and different there, ideally.
I understand that's a shortcut to get more properties which can be labeled Marvel instead of creating wholly new "Sony" superheroes and having to sell them to the audience from scratch.
But business does as business does, even if all of us would prefer integrity in Hollywood suits... Yeah, preposterous, right?
If they will crank out fun movies though I'd be ok even with that.

Just do not preclude more villains from the MCU treatment, Kraven is where I draw the line. :oldrazz:

And I definitely would prefer the hunter in the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"