The Amazing Spider-Man Sony Rebooting Spider-Man for 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, uh, isn't Spider-Man 4, dude.

But the point he was trying to make is that while Batman never had an origin movie prior to getting rebooted, Spider-Man has. And the gap between Batman's introductory flick and his reboot was 16 years, whereas the gap for Spidey would be 10. Raimi's origin tale is too fresh in fans' minds to remake it. The concensus is that they will more than likely skip over the meek, timid, paperweight Parker phase & take us straight to where he's already swinging on webs and trouncing bad guys. Think "Incredible Hulk", where although they were giving us a whole new story (despite some arguments to the contrary) Bruce was already the Hulk & the story was in full swing.

I remember something in James Camerons script from the 90's (spiderman movie that never was), where Peter wakes up in his bed the following morning after beeing bitten by the spider. He finds hims self in bed, cocooned in web, from the neck and down??? I'd love to see something like that.

That gives off the idea that it's uh... the other white stuff.

^^Yeah. What you said.

Also, SM1 had a "white stuff" scene too. Just less obvious I guess...

There is tons of comedy gold in this thread.

This thread will be even more hilarious when the movie is out and half of it's naysayers actually enjoy the damn thing.

here's the issue i see. If they go the "start off already having been Spider-Man for awhile" route instead of starting off with some origins then the audience will already be confused by several things:

1. Why is he back in high school (if he does start in high school in this one)
2. Who the hell is Gwen Stacy and where the hell is MJ?
3. He's using mechanical web shooters!?!? i thought it came of his wrist (if they stick with mechancial web shooters)

Just the Gwen Stacy/MJ dynamic alone, which we know for sure exists, is enough to confuse people let alone other things we don't know.

My call, we either get the origins laid out like the first spiderman movie...or they montage his "new" origins to get us up to speed with the current time line.

Either way they are going to have to do something origin related to explain why we aren't in the Raimi world to the general audience.

All your concerns will be addressed during the film's promotion but besides that, its not going to be much of an issue so long as the movie delivers on being awesome with the action, story and characterisation.

A REBOOT YOU SAY?

As long as Tobey Maguire's coming back I'm happy. ;D

I can't believe it's been a year today since SM4 was canceled and the reboot was announced. What a crazy year.

In one year we got:

-A potentially awesome director
-An AMAZING lead actor
-A great lead actress
-Great supporting cast
-A wardrobe team who did their homework

This movie better be good :cmad:

I can't believe it's been a year today since SM4 was canceled and the reboot was announced. What a crazy year.
I remember how upset I was when I first heard the news. It just came out of nowhere. I'm looking forward to it now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"