Southland Tales

I got it! Now to watch it. If this is half as good as Donnie Darko then I'm in for a treat.

This movie was absolute garbage, trash, crap, feces, etc...rolled up into one flashy package. Where to begin? The story/plot was absolutely the most stupid plot I have ever read and watched. A madman discovered the 4th dimension and when people go through it they split into two distinct persons with an identical souls. Joining those two on Earth will bring about the Apocalypse. How stupid right? The corniest moment was when the two Sean William Scott's joined heavenly hands and made the ice cream truck float while Kip Dynamite was on top with a rocket launcher. The Rock over acted once again. The only characters that I cared for were Sean William Scott, Sarah Michelle, and Deepthroat 2. I loved the minor cast like Cheri Oteri, John Lovitz, Amy Poehler, etc... This movie had twists but instead of making them coherent, they were just pulled out of someone's @ss. This reminds me of the episode of South Park where the manatees get ideas for Family Guy jokes by picking out idea balls and cramming them together. There was absolutely no action, the jokes were over the top, and the CGI of the Zeppelin blowing up was film student attrocious. Justin Timberlake was alright but of course his character did absolutely nothing and had about 2 lines of background.

God this movie was one of the worst things I have ever seen. It makes me wonder why all these stars would submit to this trash. Bai Ling, Mandy Moore, and other washed up actors also made apperances and of course over acted...even the lady from Poltergeist made an appearance!

3/10

Interesting. Rich, try and make The Box scary.

Just watched it, im all for giving movies a chance but

WHAT A LOAD OF ****!!!!!!

Didnt even make sense! he was trying to get the point of "same matter cant occupy same space?" well Time cop did that **** in a much easier way!

It was random as hell

I cannot believe this p.o.s. got a 34% on RT. I know that they were lampooning politics but ****, can it not be cohesive, coherent, and concise? An absolute waste of 2 and 1/2 hours of my time.

Speaking of Kelly, has anyone read his draft for "Holes?" It's amazing. Really divergent from the book, sure. But, wow.

Can't say I dug Southland Tales too much, though.

I'm not sure what to make of this movie as well? I know its got twists and some weirdness coming from the director/writer of Donnie Darko,but /shrug.
It was okay,but not something I would wanna watch over and over at all. I did for some reason enjoyed Justins character and the little lip-sync scene towards end..

I'm not sure what to make of this movie as well? I know its got twists and some weirdness coming from the director/writer of Donnie Darko,but /shrug.
It was okay,but not something I would wanna watch over and over at all. I did for some reason enjoyed Justins character and the little lip-sync scene towards end..
I was going WTF!? towards the middle when it started to go off on some weird tangeant but once the Sean twin's joined hands making the truck fly and Kipp Dynamite was just sitting on top flinging his legs with a rocket launcher...my hope for the film redeeming itself went out the window. Donnie Darko is no where near this trash.

An alternate time line was made when they went through the 4th dimension, and for the normal world to be safe, Taverner had to end the alternate world. :o

I thought the movie was alot of fun . It felt like I was watching a long trailer though .

An alternate time line was made when they went through the 4th dimension, and for the normal world to be safe, Taverner had to end the alternate world. :o

See, I would never got that from this film.

I watched it, didnt like it or dislike it. Didnt understand it. But I plan on going back and rewatching it.

like i said earlier it tried too hard to do what donnie darko did but better. The movie is certainly intriguing and stylish and i havnt quite lost respect for Kelly just yet. But he should try some content that is less mind boggling or else he'll look like a Gilliam rip-off

like i said earlier it tried too hard to do what donnie darko did but better. The movie is certainly intriguing and stylish and i havnt quite lost respect for Kelly just yet. But he should try some content that is less mind boggling or else he'll look like a Gilliam rip-off
And less corny:o Donnie Darko was dark...it was too hard not to take any of this thing seriously. If they had a message in it...it was lost through all the over acting and stupid plot twists.

The trailer btw is extremely misleading.

I'll see it, as I enjoyed Donnie Darko. But I must say the negative comments have me a bit worried.

And less corny:o Donnie Darko was dark...it was too hard not to take any of this thing seriously. If they had a message in it...it was lost through all the over acting and stupid plot twists.

The trailer btw is extremely misleading.

Well, theres no real focus point thus theres no solid meaning

The poke fun at "big brother" and government stuff but it seems just for fun.

They make some intriguing conclusions about space and time, but they were poorly explained and it seemed like Kelly got ahead of himself and started tieing up loose ends too quickly.

The JT-SWS
the friendly fire nonsense
connection was really interesting and they decided just to mention it rather than focus on that which i think they should have.

The large cast was a problem especially since the psychology of the characters was very important but couldnt get focused on since their was so many people.

I hate this movie because of what it could have been.

Watched the movie over the weekend and had a lot of trouble finishing it, I basically forced myself to not turn it off. Wish I had though, it just didn't make sense, it felt like the writer/director had a bunch of great ideas for a bunch of movies, then said, let's put 'em all together and as a result you get this mess of a movie that doesn't make sense.

"This is the way the world ends. Not with a whimper...but with a bang."

I wanted so badly to like this film. I went into it with an open mind, and came out terribly disappointed. It's a shame too, because there are some really original ideas hidden in this train wreck of a film.

For one thing, I did get a kick out of the Rock in this. I wish he'd pick more roles of this nature instead of The Gameplan's and whatnot of his career. Kevin Smith's small role was a treat as well.

All logic says you can't fault a movie that involves both The Pixies and Will Sasso, but unfortunately, this film defies all logic. Dear god does it elude logic.

I think the best bit was the Timberlake lip-sync part, and that had nothing to do with the film. :huh:

Still, even after this, I'm anxious to see Kelly's next film, The Box. Richard Matheson + Richard Kelly has to equal genius right? RIGHT?:csad:

"This is the way the world ends. Not with a whimper...but with a bang."

I wanted so badly to like this film. I went into it with an open mind, and came out terribly disappointed. It's a shame too, because there are some really original ideas hidden in this train wreck of a film.

For one thing, I did get a kick out of the Rock in this. I wish he'd pick more roles of this nature instead of The Gameplan's and whatnot of his career. Kevin Smith's small role was a treat as well.

All logic says you can't fault a movie that involves both The Pixies and Will Sasso, but unfortunately, this film defies all logic. Dear god does it elude logic.

I think the best bit was the Timberlake lip-sync part, and that had nothing to do with the film. :huh:

Still, even after this, I'm anxious to see Kelly's next film, The Box. Richard Matheson + Richard Kelly has to equal genius right? RIGHT?:csad:
I warned you. And as a man...you should not have pictures of Atonement in your avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"