• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spider-man 3.1 finally?!

Um. I'm JUST reading this news now.

If this is true, then Holy freakin' s***. I'm more excited at the thought of a Spider-Man 3.1 than I am for Spider-Man: Homecoming (which I am excited for, don't get me wrong).

If this is true, then Holy freakin' s***. I'm more excited at the thought of a Spider-Man 3.1 than I am for Spider-Man: Homecoming (which I am excited for, don't get me wrong).

It's not 3.1, it's an Editor's Cut, they added a bit of deleted scenes, deleted some scenes from theatrical cut, etc.

Don't be. It's nothing to be excited about, which is par for the course for Sony.

What they did makes no sense, because the only people who would actually care about any type of new cut of Spider-Man 3 are hardcore fans. Trimming 2 minutes and making minor alterations, and then not promoting it....I don't get it. If you're gonna do something like this, you go all in on fan-service, make it an extended cut with scenes the fans have been curious about for 10 years and then you promote that.

Pretty baffling. Is there any chance there will be deleted scenes separately included?

Slim chance I suppose. There is still no confirmation on anything, but I've not seen any deleted scenes rumoured at any point.

EDIT: In-hand photos of the upcoming steelbook editions confirm the "Editor's Cut" is coming to the new blu-ray sets. Full specs aren't shown but it is advertised on the cover.

Last edited:
Slim chance I suppose. There is still no confirmation on anything, but I've not seen any deleted scenes rumoured at any point.

EDIT: In-hand photos of the upcoming steelbook editions confirm the "Editor's Cut" is coming to the new blu-ray sets. Full specs aren't shown but it is advertised on the cover.

So "Editor's Cut" is the official title, huh? Do you have a link? It sounds disappointing, but I'll pick it up as I still don't have the trilogy on Blu-Ray.

Last edited:
So "Editor's Cut" is the official title, huh? Do you have a link? It sounds disappointing, but I'll pick it up as I still don't have the trilogy on Blu-Ray.

rktyd4.jpg

Pic stolen from a helpful member on the bluray forum. I do wonder why the name seemed to replace 3.1 quite late on. Raimi approval is most likely imo.

I doubt i'll get it. It had such small alterations, it isn't really worth it. Also, it comes with the trashy TASM movies, so double pass.

Whoop, it includes the TASM movies? Thought it was just the Raimi trilogy, I'm going to pass than.

I'll YouTube whatever additional SM3 scenes there are.

rktyd4.jpg

Pic stolen from a helpful member on the bluray forum. I do wonder why the name seemed to replace 3.1 quite late on. Raimi approval is most likely imo.

Thanks!

The digibook set contains only the Sam Raimi trilogy.

The Best Buy Exclusive steelbook set (which is what the pictures above are of) contains two steelbooks bundled together, one of the Sam Raimi trilogy and one of the Marc Webb duology.

The four discs in the Raimi trilogy digibook are almost definitely identical to the four discs contained in the Raimi trilogy portion of the Raimi/Webb Best Buy steelbook set.

Wait.....

so someone would be willing to pay $60 for the Raimi movies in a steelbook -- but if it contains 2 additional movies they don't like -- they would not?

Well, then (or than) be aware the set they are selling contains 2 separate steelbooks in a sleeve that holds both. So a person could buy the set and discard the unwanted movies (and unneeded steelbook) and still have the Raimi movies steelbook on their shelf.

Or they might give the unwanted steelbook to someone who likes the Webb movies. Or sell it.

I've never owned TASM2 in any format, and I certainly do not intend to do so now.

Editor's Cut is on the bonus disc for the boxset. The newly packaged solo releases are just the old discs by the looks of it.

Yeah, we've known from the beginning that if the 3.1/Editor's cut was real it would be on disc 4 of the box sets. They are going to be blowing out those solo releases cheap and you don't get the new cut included at that price.

This new cut sounds so disappointing. I have wanted to see a proper Spider-Man 3.1 for ten years and then they give us this? Typical Sony.

Raimi wasn't interested in revisiting the movie, so they got the original editor to recreate an earlier cut of the movie before they did reshoots.
I guess a lot of people wanted them to simply grab all the deleted scenes and just edit them in.
Then people would say it had no legitimacy and was just a cash grab.
There was no way Sony was going to win with a re-cut. Everybody has their own strong opinion on what makes a new cut worthwhile and legit.
They should have just had an extensive deleted scene section and left it at that.
But they do not believe in giving deleted scenes from the Raimi SM movies beyond the 2.1 extra footage and the little bits on this Editor's cut.

I don't think anyone would have complained if Sony followed the 2.1 formula. That is what people expected.

I don't think anyone would have complained if Sony followed the 2.1 formula. That is what people expected.

The 2.1 had Raimi's input. He picked the scenes he thought would be fun for fans to see. He was NOT interested in doing that with this release. So Sony could NOT follow that formula.

Last news. Fans who got an early copy verify the Digibook has the Editor's cut. Not just the 5 movie Legacy Steelbook.
This was 99% assumed anyway but now is proven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"