The Amazing Spider-Man "SPIDER-MAN 4 Production on Indefinite Hold "....NOT!...or Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the annoying thing is the vulture has the potential to be cool. you can give him metal wings that act as blades, give him metal feathers shoot out, give him talons on his hands and feet so he can do things like hang upside down from the ceiling. you can give him a background which fleshes him out more and makes him interesting.

all that is all well and good but you are ADDING that to the character of vulture, the lizard ALREADY is visually cool, ALREADY has an interesting background, ALREADY is connected to peter.

if a great villian is a '10' then right now lizard is a '9' with minor tweaks to get him to a '10', the vulture is like a '6' with LOTS of changes to bring him to a 10'. as many people have said the lizard practically writes himself.

But even if Vulture has metal wings used as blades, talons on his hands and feet, and metal feathers... I still don't see that he would be good enough. And it's almost guaranteed that the audience will hate him.

But even if Vulture has metal wings used as blades, talons on his hands and feet, and metal feathers... I still don't see that he would be good enough. And it's almost guaranteed that the audience will hate him.

I think the vulture can be a cool character and there is great potential for visually stunning air combat (think iron man). but the lizard (imho) has so much more potential. fights in the sewers, the dichotomy of conners and the lizard, the terror of conners' family.

its no exaggertion to say SM4 could EASILY be a great movie with little to no effort (in regards to writing the story) if the main villian was lizard and peter was caught between taking him in (exposing conners) and putting him down because he is such a danger to the city.

I'm all for Vulture as the main villain if there is another villain too in the mix. I think that could turn out great. But Vulture going solo? No thanks, then villains such as Lizard, Mysterio, Electro, Scorpion etc. would be way better.

I'm all for Vulture as the main villain if there is another villain too in the mix. I think that could turn out great. But Vulture going solo? No thanks, then villains such as Lizard, Mysterio, Electro, Scorpion etc. would be way better.

They won't ever do this, but I think Kraven would be a magnificent villain - I heard about some fan theory (i.e., hopeful storyline, but probably won't happen), that Kraven appears and hunts the Lizard and spiderman is caught in the middle... That would make for an epic motion picture IMHO

I've given up hope of seeing lizard on the big screen

2011/2012 SM4 - vulture/vultress

REBOOT

2013 - SM1 - GG

2015 - SM2 - Doc Ock

2017 -SM3 - Venom

"Actually...what happened to Sandman? He just flies away in his big sand storm thing, never to be seen again?"

While Parker can forgive him for killing his Uncle - he can't give Marco a get out of jail freen card for the crimes he's commited. The Spiderman I remember wouldnt do that.

Its another part of SM3 that fails.

And yes Lizard could easily carry a film on his own. Very easily.

As for the comics. I hadent read a Spiderman comic for 2 years before I started again for McFarlanes run(1989). And my interest only lasted about 5 issues.

Osborne being alive and had a affair with Gwen Stacy = reaching,desperate for ideas and basically pretty stupid.

"Actually...what happened to Sandman? He just flies away in his big sand storm thing, never to be seen again?"

While Parker can forgive him for killing his Uncle - he can't give Marco a get out of jail freen card for the crimes he's commited. The Spiderman I remember wouldnt do that.

Its another part of SM3 that fails.

But he tried to kill Sandman, at that point in the movie he and Sandman are two peas in a pod, if Pete were to try and take down Sandman after that conversation, he would have to hand himself into the authorities too, or else he would be a big hypocrite.
The movie was about the hero becoming like the villan, the lines being blurred between them.

So, what happens next? Pete tries to make up for his bad actions by fighting crime, and if Sandman continues down his path of crime instead of seeking redemption, Pete will then go out and stop him.

They won't ever do this, but I think Kraven would be a magnificent villain - I heard about some fan theory (i.e., hopeful storyline, but probably won't happen), that Kraven appears and hunts the Lizard and spiderman is caught in the middle... That would make for an epic motion picture IMHO

I always liked the idea of Spider-Man being beaten by the Lizard and barely escaping with his life. JJJ calls in Kraven to hunt the Lizard, in hopes of becoming a hero. Kraven will kill the Lizard and Spidey has to decide if he is willing to help Connors, or if he is even able to, considering the beating he took. He has to choose if he will help his friend or left him be killed by the hunter, which may be an act of mercy if Connors cant be cured.

Well the problem with Spidey ,as with alot of heroes ,is that there are certain villans who work well on screen and those who don't . Some characters are good in concept like Mysterio, Kraven, Chamelon etc but would come off lame or weak on screen. Vulture is just lame whether he's 65 or 35 . Black Cat is basically Catwoman though I like her character.

Lizard could work but the problem is that he's story has been done already in the form of Doc Ock so if you did it again , it would lose the emotional impact but he's still better then some of the villans left ,though not the best.

I think if you merged shocker and electro you could have a decent baddie but not one that could hold a film or present a reason menace to Spiderman.

Villans like Dr Doom and Kingpin who Spidey has faced are tied to other studio so they're out of the question. Morbius screams Twilight and fits more in a Blade film, and muscle like Rhino would only work as henchmen.

Of course there's Hobgoblin and Carnage but then you'd basically be digging up storylines that have run their course in this film version.

Another viable alternative would be for the studio the create a villan for the film which would probably be just as lame as anything else. If it's like the guys Spidey faced in the 70's show it will be a joke.

So their faced with the problem that the Batman francise faced a decade ago in that their version is left with weak villans and better villans who are dead. In a sense I can't blame Raimi for wanting to use Vulture because there aren't many good options left but if I worked at Sony i'd say no as well.

Why? If we have Vutlure, there SHOULD be ariel battles. Hell, there would be.

Yes, I know. If Vulture is the main villain, there will be ariel battles. But with Green Goblin and Green Goblin Jr...why would you do Vulture... their technology is much better then Vultures! Talk about a downgrade.

Well the problem with Spidey ,as with alot of heroes ,is that there are certain villans who work well on screen and those who don't . Some characters are good in concept like Mysterio, Kraven, Chamelon etc but would come off lame or weak on screen. Vulture is just lame whether he's 65 or 35 . Black Cat is basically Catwoman though I like her character.

I think Mysterio would be perfect for the movies

I always liked the idea of Spider-Man being beaten by the Lizard and barely escaping with his life. JJJ calls in Kraven to hunt the Lizard, in hopes of becoming a hero. Kraven will kill the Lizard and Spidey has to decide if he is willing to help Connors, or if he is even able to, considering the beating he took. He has to choose if he will help his friend or left him be killed by the hunter, which may be an act of mercy if Connors cant be cured.
I don't think JJ should ever be involved like that.

See - I really like that idea, however, I don't think we'll ever get a film like that. I love Sam Raimi, but his direction always has some sort of campiness to it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his films - Drag Me To Hell was one of my favorites last year, but I don't think the franchise is in the proper state to switch to a more serious tone.

After SMIII - I don't think this stream of films will ever be as popular, or good, as the studios and fans hope they will be. I hope that whoever thought casting Topher Grace as Venom never works in the business EVER again.

I don't think JJ should ever be involved like that.

JJ's been involved on many occasion like that. Remember the old cartoon series? Remember Scorpion? How was scorpion 'made'? JJJ - That is how. (With a little help from Dr. Connors)

I have no problem with Vulture being in the movie as long as another villain is involved.I think Vulture can work really well with either Scorpion or Electro.

To add to the JJJ and Scorpion discussion, I actually wouldn't mind seeing JJJ getting captured at one point in S-M4. Maybe by VUlture or something.

To add to the JJJ and Scorpion discussion, I actually wouldn't mind seeing JJJ getting captured at one point in S-M4. Maybe by VUlture or something.

They cast that role so perfecting (JJ that is) - I think they should include more of what was good in the two Spiderman films that I recognize as being actual SM films (I try not to think of SMIII that much, but I can't help it). JJ has been a consistent selling point of these films and, as such, they should include more of him!

I always wanted more JJJ. I would like more of the Daily Bugle in general.

Lizard could work but the problem is that he's story has been done already in the form of Doc Ock so if you did it again , it would lose the emotional impact but he's still better then some of the villans left ,though not the best.

I think if you merged shocker and electro you could have a decent baddie but not one that could hold a film or present a reason menace to Spiderman.
This depends on who's directing the film, the right director could easily make most of Spider-Man's villains work on screen, and work well. But he has to lose the sympathetic BS we've been spoon feed when it comes to the villains. He has to lose the idea from "Avi Arad" about the villains NOT being bad or evil. Which is why I want to see The Lizard as a killing machine, as not to have Connors and The Lizard falling into sympathetic traits. I agree with you if the current director is at the helm.

Black Cat (or Catwoman 2) doesn't deserve to be on film, cartoons or the comics.

Geez...Raimi mixed Connors' motifs into Doc Ock's, and you all think that he actually knows these characters. :dry:

©KAW;17923634 said:
This depends on who's directing the film, the right director could easily make most of Spider-Man's villains work on screen, and work well. But he has to lose the sympathetic BS we've been spoon feed when it comes to the villains. He has to lose the idea from "Avi Arad" about the villains NOT being bad or evil. Which is why I want to see The Lizard as a killing machine, as not to have Connors and The Lizard falling into sympathetic traits. I agree with you if the current director is at the helm.

Black Cat (or Catwoman 2) doesn't deserve to be on film, cartoons or the comics.

Geez...Raimi mixed Connors' motifs into Doc Ock's, and you all think that he actually knows these characters. :dry:

I guess i'd disagree with the idea that a good director or even a good screenwriter can make most of Spiderman's villans look good. Mysterio would be laughable based on his costume alone, even if you give Kraven a black leather jacket and steriods people would be like...So Spiderman vs Barry Bonds? Seriously , the majority of the villans wouldn't make it even with Clint Eastwood directing it. But I agree with you otherwise.

That would be the perfect SM4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back