Spider-man 3 and 4 back to back?

Oh, I don't believe that a studio exec would bury his/her head...at least not in the sand anyway! : )

Studios have twice in the past twelve months told fans that they were pulling out all the stops to make a great film...only to disappoint fans with what was presented on screen. But this franchise DOES have a good track record. I've just learned never to overestimate 'suits.'

As to the sequel possibilities, with a carefully written script...an eye to detail, continuity and some ingenuity...it is very conceivable that certain scenes and sequences could be lensed for a sequel while filming the current movie. And it makes sense when you look at it. Everyone agrees the budget for a fourth would be astronomical. But if you could take ten minutes, twenty or thirty worth of film out of a fourth movie's budget from the start...it saves some money. Not exactly buy one, get one free... but having that work done not only takes some of the punch out of SM4's budget but also time...which is money too.

Not to mention, with all of the other factors involved with creating these movies...if something like what we're discussing isn't taking place...we'd all better enjoy SM3 - because it will probably be the last we see of Big Screen Spidey for a long, long time.

Jack Phantom said:
we'd all better enjoy SM3 - because it will probably be the last we see of Big Screen Spidey for a long, long time.

Dude, there's got to be more. There's so many stories to tell and thousands of interesting villains. Each with ALOT of potential. I can't have my possible upcoming Spider-Man: The Series (sorry for the future plug), be the return of Spidey after SM3.

Note: Spider-Man: The Series is a television series that was inspired by 'Smallville'. It is about%

don't say it was inspired by smallville and you may have something

Inspired by Smallville in which it's a heroes journey starting from the freshman year of high school. A heroe's beginnings (he has the costume and all his powers) and journey.

So, don't worry-

To give a better tone, expect Spider-Man movies on the small screen. But, later seasons will be somewhat darker in tone. And it will include all of the science fiction elements- parallel dimensions (yes- you'll see Spot), Madame Web, etc.

Also, expect to see MARVEL cameos (Fantastic Four, Nick Fury, and definitely Daredevil (Spidey's Batman)) from as early as the FIRST season.

you would **** yourself if you pitched that idea, take out all the major cameos, except perhaps nick fury and definetly take out all the parralell other dimension crap, and only then would I even think about pitching it, although if your writing is as bad as your marketing skills I wouldn't even bother

Purposefully not releasing any information, thus- on here, this is nothing near a pitch, all I can tell anymous posters:

1. Expect classic Spider-Man
2. Expect to see the rogues gallery used- including the minor villains
3. Expect to see possible Marvel cameos (note: Some of the most successful episodes of Smallville are hero cameo episodes)
4. Expect a Shakespearean type of story (which is how I always viewed the arcs surrounding Gwen Stacy's death)
5. Expect to see a large range of supporting characters from the comics- ranging from Ben Urich to George Stacy, etc.
6. Expect a great adventure week after week, with a unfolding mythology (not Lost mythology, but mythology nontheless)
7. Expect all the fun and drama you got from the Spider-Man movies, but on the small screen
8. The effects will be amazing, but still affordable. Expect 'Heroes'- New York City (a character unto itself)
9. Expect characters that the audience can relate to and feel connected with
10. Spider-Man IS the top modern day hero franchise. Note: This also makes me VERY intimadated

Mythology will include:

- The Gwen Stacy arc
- The start of the Sinister Six
- The rise of the Green Goblin, the fall of Harry pyschologically
- The death of Peter's parents
- Etc.

Can't say anything else here, or anywhere, for that matter. But, there's ALOT more to it.

not to be the pessimist but it will never work

gvcool2 said:
not to be the pessimist but it will never work

As with everything- I know nothing is for certain, especially in this business- but, I'm more than willing to answer any questions or concerns that you might have.

I don't mean you havn't thought about the show and it's content, theres just alot there that either wouldn't translate well to screen, or that couldn't due to production costs

riggs said:
I seriously doubt they're filming them back to back. We knew a long time before Dead Man's Chest was released that they were filming the sequel along with it - the same goes for Back the Future and The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.

Simply we'd know by now if Spidey 4 is being filmed with 3.

if we hadn't known ahead of time that matrix 2 and 3w ere being filmed back to back, the audience probably would have hated matrix 2 even more.

Tempest19 said:
As with everything- I know nothing is for certain, especially in this business- but, I'm more than willing to answer any questions or concerns that you might have.

dude isn't this series supposed to be animated and straight to DVD? what's with all this amazing effects and every week talk?

Page v. Screen

1. There will be 'science fiction' elements but it will all be grounded in the realm of the show and won't be out of place. Don't expect sci-fi channel type 'out there' science fiction nor the over the top science fiction of the comics and cartoons. There will be a science fiction element, but don't think cartoon or comic books- it will be alot more grounded in reality.

2. As for the villains, there will obviously be updating that takes place to fit the show as need be. For example, using a nazi as a villain is now a clitche- thus, you have to come up with new ways for that character to exist modern day. Etc.

Production Costs

1. Look at 'Smallville' and 'Supernatural' for a great example of where TV effects are now a' days.

2. Remember that the series is still years away. Compare the evolution of TV effects from Adventures of Lois & Clark to Smallville.

3. Villains or cameos whose appearance might be too cost effective will either- not appear, or be toned down for the series

4. Expect fights, but don't expect many aeirial fights. Many of the fights will be somewhat 'grounded' or be on top of high places. Thus, no Ock and Spidey on the wall of a building fight (SM2).

5. Web zipping- this is an age old effect that can actually be accomplsihed through technical effects through creating a specialized rig.

6. Wall Climbing- this is another effect that is easily available and can be accomplished technically and look amazing with CGI shots tossed in here and there. Once again, remember that this is a toned down atmosphere due to cost- but, it will definitely be great. Just, think lots of classic techneques with some of these shots.

7. Web slinging around the city doesn't necessarily have to be shown every episode. Flying camera shots (imagine 'Heroes' flying through New York City shots), showing web slinging only when necessesary and sometimes only really quick fast shots of it- but not all the time, hinting at the web slinging- don't need to see it all the time to know what's happening. I see this as being the main problem in the effects and cost realm, thus it needs to be put on some restrictions and working around it in order to make it work.

So, yes there are cost problems here- but nothing that can be worked out and work around.

Thus, alot of these things and 'tricks of the trade' already work, all that needs to be done is applying it to THIS character. But, personally if done right I see Spider-Man as being a hit television property (similar to how Superman has always been a hit television series) everything is there- just needs to be applied and needs to take the character seriously. The 70s was way too early, but now a' days ALOT of these effects can actually be accomplished already- not as advanced as the movie effects, but for a small screen- it's approaching time for Spidey's turn to shine alongside Superman.

Spider-Bite said:
dude isn't this series supposed to be animated and straight to DVD? what's with all this amazing effects and every week talk?

Dude, sorry for the confusion. GVCool and I are discussing the possible live action Spider-Man series that I will pitch in the years to come and might air in 10 years- maybe more (due to complications of series and show being ran consecutively- Batman Begins pushed around possible 'Bruce Wayne' series and cameo appearance).

Yes, there is supposed to be a direct to DVD Spider-Man series coming out. I think sometime later this year, if I'm not mistaken.:spidey:

Tempest19 said:
Dude, there's got to be more. There's so many stories to tell and thousands of interesting villains. Each with ALOT of potential. I can't have my possible upcoming Spider-Man: The Series (sorry for the future plug), be the return of Spidey after SM3.

Note: Spider-Man: The Series is a television series that was inspired by 'Smallville'. It is about%

Oh! I'm not saying there wouldn't be more...just that if there isn't some sort of pre-production planning for a fourth going on concurrently with the shoot on SM3 (up to and including filming some scenes and sequences for the movie) that it could be a looong wait for SM4. Just look at the down time between projects for the franchise...and the actors/director are getting busier everyday. Depending on how Sony/Raimi choose to end this sequel - let's say they 'leave the door open' for future movies...Venom is 'killed,' but we see a shot of the symbiote oozing away and there is a sense of 'unfinished' business...something like that...audiences would be on fire for more - to see how it all ends...but would that fire burn for the six-to-eight years it might otherwise take to get a sequel to this film produced?

I'm just postulating that with the long schedule, reshoots, rumored script revisions, and other factors...it is possible that prep is on-going to make this franchise the saga many would like...and that makes sense in shortening the shooting schedule for another so it could be worked into key players schedules easier and wouldn't necessarily tote a budget that would dwarf the current film's price tag.

Or they could just end-it-all with 3...market their 'trilogy'...and that's it and that's all. Then maybe I can take my grandchildren to see 'Spider-man Begins' sometime around 2025. But if the studio locks the story and characters down with this film...I, and those I've discussed it with, find it unlikely (in our opinion) that Spidey would be back on the big screen anytime soon.

Sounds like you have some good ideas...Good luck with your project!

Tempest19 said:
Page v. Screen
4. Expect fights, but don't expect many aeirial fights. Many of the fights will be somewhat 'grounded' or be on top of high places. Thus, no Ock and Spidey on the wall of a building fight (SM2).

I can tell you're eager, but some guy who was well know for doing spidey comics was talkin on the dvd and he said that if you've got spidey on the ground just standing up you're not using him right - the web swinging is an integral part of this character and one of the most enjoyable things for fans to watch!

Tempest19 said:
Dude, sorry for the confusion. GVCool and I are discussing the possible live action Spider-Man series that I will pitch in the years to come and might air in 10 years- maybe more (due to complications of series and show being ran consecutively- Batman Begins pushed around possible 'Bruce Wayne' series and cameo appearance).

Yes, there is supposed to be a direct to DVD Spider-Man series coming out. I think sometime later this year, if I'm not mistaken.:spidey:
the new animated series coming direct to dvd is ganna be great.they probably will add sandman and venom in it hopefully.

eggyman said:
I can tell you're eager, but some guy who was well know for doing spidey comics was talkin on the dvd and he said that if you've got spidey on the ground just standing up you're not using him right - the web swinging is an integral part of this character and one of the most enjoyable things for fans to watch!

Well, that would entirely depend on where the effects are up to that date. As said, look at the example of the evolution of small screen effects between The Adventures of Lois and Clark & Smallville. The evolution is remarkable and definitely can be seen. Thus, I have no idea where the effects will be in the years to come. So, it all comes down to what I would have at my disposal- if the effects allows me to have air fights, heck yeah dude- you're going to see air fights. If the effects are costly, but doable if only once or twice a season- you'll definitely get that.

So, I personally would not be putting a limit on the aerial fights in the show. The production cost would do that. Would I love to have air fights? Heck yeah dude, definitely- would it be doable? Now that's a whole nother' question entirely. Depends on where the effects are.

To put this in the easiest way possible- there will be as many aerial fights as possible. If there are no limits, awesome! If there are, we will work around that and promise to deliver the best Spidey action that the production budget can buy.

did you just go to the last post and read or have you actually read the conversation thats occured on this page GR

The script has already been written. Underwent numerous drafts to come up with the draft that I am now very confident of. I won't release it on the net- again- but, when it was on it recieved alot of appraise from fans of the comics.

Tempest19 said:

who the hell are you? du you have a job in the business?

and just a little advice. It doesn't sound that great. It would need arial fights either every episode or every other episode. If the episodes are an hour long than it will definitely need a fight every episode sometimes two or three. And some episodes would basically be one long fight. You would need over the top sci-fi stuff in order for villains like Ock to exist. Or even Electro. The cost of technology and even CGI goes down over time. In 10 or 15 years it would be doable to have a good spider-man show with no budget problems, and there wouldn't be all this "we can't do that, because it's too expensive" talk. Compare television CGI right now to 10 year ago movie "CGI." Eventually the CGI of spider-man 3 will be considered 10 year ago CGI, and small screen television series will have effects that are equally impressive to today's big screen.

Spider-Bite said:
who the hell are you? du you have a job in the business?

No, I am not someone that is working in the industry- yet.

Spider-Bite said:
and just a little advice. It doesn't sound that great. It would need arial fights either every episode or every other episode. If the episodes are an hour long than it will definitely need a fight every episode sometimes two or three.

Similar to Smallville you can expect to see a great action sequence finale to all episodes. Some episodes, will have more than one big action sequence at the end. Aerial fights- as said before would definitely rock. If the effects are there- heck yeah man, definitely.

Also, you don't necessarily need aerial fights for most of the fight sequences. I mean, imagine designing an aerial fight around the Chameleon, Basilisk, Arcade, Lightmaster, Swarm, Killgrave, Big Man, etc., etc.?! Not needed. But, for those villains that would call for an aerial fight- Vulture- hell yeah! Even Scorpion would possibly get an aspect of an aerial fight of sorts. But, not every villain calls for an aerial fight sequence.

Spider-Bite said:
And some episodes would basically be one long fight.

IMO, definitely not. The series is going to be more about the characters and the evolution of these characters. The main emphasis of the show, similar to the films, is the characters and not the action. The audience needs to feel connected to these characters and their journeys in order for the fight sequences to come off strong- as is the case for any fight sequence. Characters come first. While you can expect to see a cool action finale at the end of each eps, some having possibly two action sequences or more in certain cases- you will not see a whole episode that is only a fight scene. I mean, we would be talking about a whole 45 minutes for only one fight- not even the SM movies have that long of fight sequences.

If you just have one big fight sequences, and no substance- you've got nothing. There are some films out there that are just fight sequences after fight sequence after fight sequence that while they have good effects, aren't that tense or thrilling. While movies such as the Spider-Man movies have a couple of fight sequences (SM2: The bank, The train, and The docks) are more thrilling- and the main reason for that is the audience cares about what happens to these characters. In other words, a fight sequence is "nothing" if it doesn't have any substantial substance behind it.

Spider-Bite said:
You would need over the top sci-fi stuff in order for villains like Ock to exist. Or even Electro.

Depends on what you mean by 'over the top'- I mean, I remember a couple of episodes from the 90s cartoon that had Spider-Man traveling into the past via a time machine! Now that is completely over the top and something you would never see in the series and other similar completely over the top ideas from the cartoons and comics.

That said, I do promise that there will be a more science fiction element to the series that is present but not that big in the films. So, you will have science fiction- Spot, symbiotes, parallel dimensions and all that. Just it won't be "over the top"- it will be grounded in the reality of the series and the universe of the characters.

Spider-Bite said:
The cost of technology and even CGI goes down over time. In 10 or 15 years it would be doable to have a good spider-man show with no budget problems, and there wouldn't be all this "we can't do that, because it's too expensive" talk. Compare television CGI right now to 10 year ago movie "CGI." Eventually the CGI of spider-man 3 will be considered 10 year ago CGI, and small screen television series will have effects that are equally impressive to today's big screen.

Dude, you just repeated what I said before. The series would not be on the small screen any time soon- you would have a possible 10-15 year gap, possibly more. Thus, the reason why I said that I could not entirely comment on what the effects of the show would be like. Because, believe me- if I do have Spider-Man 3 effects, you bet I'm going to be using them to their fullest potential.

To put it in short- the effects and what is done in and for the series is going to be groundbreaking stuff. It's definitely going to take what it has and go a step further.

I have scenes in my mind right now- that I don't even know if they will be possible because the effects would definitely need to be able to handle it- and I'm talking film level effects sequences. Think for a second, Hydroman attacking around the Statue of Liberty- and all that water!:cwink: In other words dude, effects wise- I'm going to go after the best effects that TV money can buy.

If those effects are SM3 level, now that would be awesome and I could and would definitely do ALOT with those effects.

My villian for #4
020.jpg

Would give J. Johan more screentime.

375.jpg

362.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member