Sequels Spider-Man Beyond???

They shouldn't change the spider-man character at least until after S-M6.

Spidey would not give up the webs unless he HAD too.. remember: it's his resposibility to use his powers for good.

Only way I could see it work is with SG
mmm Rachael Leigh cook :D

but yeah, Peter was missing part of a leg by then.

worse spin offs have made their way to film

as in Chronicles of Riddick :p

why couldn't they just leave it at Pitch Black?

okay so Peter gets old and starts loosing battles so he trains Arana to be the net highlander and she cuts off Eddie Brock's head and does the quickening. And then in order to beat carnage she has to kill Peter to be strong enough...

So then she becomes "Spider-Man Beyond" aka The Highlander.

ChineseFooD said:
okay so Peter gets old and starts loosing battles so he trains Arana to be the net highlander and she cuts off Eddie Brock's head and does the quickening. And then in order to beat carnage she has to kill Peter to be strong enough...

So then she becomes "Spider-Man Beyond" aka The Highlander.

lol

and then Marvel goes under

Hyper Venom 2.0 said:
I think the message has been received wrong. I think what they were trying to say in the quote is that the future Spider-Man movies were not going to be done in the same style as Batman Forever and Superman 4, which is to say campy and overly comic bookish. By saying that it'll be more like Batman Beyond, I think they mean that it will be edgier, darker, and less like a kid's movie. At least that's what I got from it.

I never thought about it like that.......interesting

Reikowolf said:
Spidey would not give up the webs unless he HAD too.. remember: it's his resposibility to use his powers for good.

Only way I could see it work is with SG
mmm Rachael Leigh cook :D

but yeah, Peter was missing part of a leg by then.
Absolutely. Thats my dream movie... Ive always liked the idea of spidey passing the torche to his daughter.

picture.php
picture.php
rlcSAT_011.jpg
=
spidergirl.jpg
:up::)

Are you aware just how long ago "She's All That" was? She can't pass for 16 now.

Heh. The one thing I disliked about DC, was that like 5 people were all once the same persona. Like wally west, Barry Alan, etc etc were all The Flash. But only ONE guy was Wolverine. One guy was Cyclops or Hulk or Daredevil.

If you were to apply pseudo-realism into the comics or even the movie, then not only would he probablly not be able to have children. But if he did, the kid would only have half of his stregnth because their DNA would be a mix of MJ's too. (Think: DBZ, Gohan is a half sayajin and should therefore be half as strong. Same concept.)

Anyway, reading Spider-girl, I don't see everyone's enjoyment. I gave it a chance, hated it. People on these boards said try it again...I still hate it. I like Arana better. There's more possibility there. At least Arana is working on a WHOLE different level...Spider-Girl is just a female spider-man.

There's just nothing that makes it work on any level.

Obviously this is all my opinion, but I figure I should explain that before people flame me or something. "How dare you mock spider-girl!! What you said is so NOT true." "Umm...yeah it is. IMO!!" "Well my opinion is better than yours!!" (has happened before, trust me..)

Wesyeed said:
bad place no to the idea of them doing a spider-man ulimited story. That was garbage. What we should get for the next ones are spider-girl movies starring Rachael Leai Cook.

Why not she'd only be 30ish by the time they did that? :rolleyes:

Dude what the **** are you smoking?

Chris Wallace said:
Are you aware just how long ago "She's All That" was? She can't pass for 16 now.

yes she could. she's so small no one would notice she's in her late twenties.:down:spidey:but then it doesn't have to be exactly like the comics anyway...

It won't happen ever. I know. But I can dream dammit.......................................

ChineseFooD said:
Heh. The one thing I disliked about DC, was that like 5 people were all once the same persona. Like wally west, Barry Alan, etc etc were all The Flash. But only ONE guy was Wolverine. One guy was Cyclops or Hulk or Daredevil.

If you were to apply pseudo-realism into the comics or even the movie, then not only would he probablly not be able to have children. But if he did, the kid would only have half of his stregnth because their DNA would be a mix of MJ's too. (Think: DBZ, Gohan is a half sayajin and should therefore be half as strong. Same concept.)

Anyway, reading Spider-girl, I don't see everyone's enjoyment. I gave it a chance, hated it. People on these boards said try it again...I still hate it. I like Arana better. There's more possibility there. At least Arana is working on a WHOLE different level...Spider-Girl is just a female spider-man.

There's just nothing that makes it work on any level.

Obviously this is all my opinion, but I figure I should explain that before people flame me or something. "How dare you mock spider-girl!! What you said is so NOT true." "Umm...yeah it is. IMO!!" "Well my opinion is better than yours!!" (has happened before, trust me..)

gohan was said to have more potential than goku except he got lazy... remember he was the first to go SSJ2.

also.. genetics don't work that way.
if a trait is passed on, it's passed on fully, or a variance of it... not half of it.

at one point, there were two spider-men (clone saga)

and every marvel hero has a multiverse counterpart (is it universe 616 or something like that?)

so yeah??
Don't know where you're going there

Spider-girl works on the principle of "the next chapter" old villains come back etc (electro & his daughter). Same reason why people liked batman Beyond

please elaborate.

LarryLegend said:
Why not she'd only be 30ish by the time they did that? :rolleyes:

Dude what the **** are you smoking?

I don't smoke. She still looks young though. i don't think it's so crazy an idea... if she looked like that kate person on Lost and I was saying this, i'd think I was a nut too.

I want a spidergirl movie, mainly because it answers an interesting question about how spiderman's kids with MJ would be...

What I meant was, I think that I just didn't like that "possible future". Like the story just entertain me and I think that certain things were just flawed and annoying.

I really think GG should die and then stay dead. Marvel should swear to us that they'll never use him again. Every single thing wrong with his life always ends up going back to GG. Ah he lost his leg...GG did it! Someone banged Gwen...GG did it.

It's almost like a joke.

Peter is like sitting at a desk. "Up next is--Hey someone cut off my mic" And you see Green Goblin holding the chord as that silly "wa wa waaaa" music plays.

Couldn't he have lost his leg with something awesome like fighting off galactus with all of the other heroes.

Couldn't May have been named something else? The same like 4 names just keep getting recycled. But fine whatever...let that one go.

What about the storyline? She should have completely new villains and side characters. The only returning people should be mj and pete...but oh wait you get a lot of the same.

It's probablly just me. But I find nothing interesting in that title. My eyes hurt right now trying to even think about it.

They should do a cartoon series with Rachael as the voice for Mayday.

Well if you don't like it, you don't like it... there are plenty of new villains in the title though.

how would spidey lose part of his leg fighting galactus?
*galactus pokes his leg with his giant index finger*
lol

I get what you mean though, a more meaningful fight?

every hero needs their arch nemesis.. I like the Goblin personally but you're right.. either keep him alive or kill him off permanently.

you have to remember that spidey is supposed to appeal to kids and teenagers for the most part... all the nostalgia fans have to remember that the text isn't supposed to be super serious and complex... but even for a comic, Spidey has become very adult... so I think we have to take it as is.

maybe marvel will end up making spidey into a more graphic novel style comic later?

i think there's a reason why spiderman unlimited, spiderman 2099, etc. don't sell well.

Look at Ultimate spidey, it's the same damn spidey, it works. period.

I loved reading ultimate spidey years ago on Marvel.com. It had humor, action, and cool story all in a nicely drawn package.

Spiderman unlimited... I never understood why spidey ended up in some alternate reality thing wearing a silly cape thing... so it didn't sit right with me from the start. I don't know about spiey 2099 but it must have had similar problems.

I think I had Spider-man 2099 number 1 and ripped it apart because it sucked....it's probably worth money now lol like 100 bucks or something.

well if it was the gold foil print it be worth a little more the silver one but not as much as the platinum foil cover which was by the far the best of the 16 different foil covers they came out with.

Ahh, the 90s.

Wesyeed said:
I don't smoke. She still looks young though. i don't think it's so crazy an idea... if she looked like that kate person on Lost and I was saying this, i'd think I was a nut too.

I want a spidergirl movie, mainly because it answers an interesting question about how spiderman's kids with MJ would be...

Dude, the average movie goer doesn't give a **** about how Peter and MJ's kids would be.

As for Rachel Leigh Cook, go on IMDB and look at some recent pictures. She don't look that young and can't pass for a teen anymore.

LarryLegend said:
Dude, the average movie goer doesn't give a **** about how Peter and MJ's kids would be.

As for Rachel Leigh Cook, go on IMDB and look at some recent pictures. She don't look that young and can't pass for a teen anymore.

In a culture where people in their 30's can play teenagers.....I think she can pull it off.

mptv1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"