Sequels Spider-Man 5 & 6

spider-man to important for Sony?

how come they wont support spec sm season 3..they could spend for it instead of waiting for Disney to order a new season and with Wolverine and Im getting its own anime where is spider-man's

anyway

i would love to see 5 and 6...the story might be interesting. i am for new blood as long as we get quality spider-man stuff

oh and i hope they fix the spider-man turn of the dark problem

To be quite honest, if done right, I'm open for the Sinister Six as the Villians for 5 and 6.

If people consider War Zone a reboot, then I believe the next set of SM films will also be a reboot. TIH without the opening credit scene is still a reboot, despite the coincidental opening and time frame from the first Hulk. So yeah if they replace everyone and bring in a new director, I can't see them doing anything BUT a reboot. Now if Simmons comes back, Molina returns as Ock, and maybe they continue with a Sandman or symbiote story and those actors return that's a different story. But I don't expect that to happen.
Both of those films you listed got horrible fan and critical responses as well as mild box office success. Of course they are going to completely reboot those franchises to try something new and to hopefully get a good response.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 were great films and SM2 set the bar for superhero movies after it. SM3, although mediocre, wasn't a complete travesty. Wanting to reboot a hugely succesful franchise with 2 great films and 1 mediocre film in less that 4 years after SM4 is a stupid idea. Now, if SM4 is horrible, which I doubt, then a reboot will likely be warranted as this franchise will have gone the way of Batman. But, if SM4 is a good-great film, then rebooting the franchise will be a stupid move. Why would you want to crap on two of the greatest superhero movies made to date, SM1 and SM2, by completely redoing his origins and reusing villians this early:huh:

Both of those films you listed got horrible fan and critical responses as well as mild box office success. Of course they are going to completely reboot those franchises to try something new and to hopefully get a good response.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 were great films and SM2 set the bar for superhero movies after it. SM3, although mediocre, wasn't a complete travesty. Wanting to reboot a hugely succesful franchise with 2 great films and 1 mediocre film in less that 4 years after SM4 is a stupid idea. Now, if SM4 is horrible, which I doubt, then a reboot will likely be warranted as this franchise will have gone the way of Batman. But, if SM4 is a good-great film, then rebooting the franchise will be a stupid move. Why would you want to crap on two of the greatest superhero movies made to date, SM1 and SM2, by completely redoing his origins and reusing villians this early:huh:

If Sony were interested in resurrecting a symbiote story are they really going to limit themselves to Carnage and not contemplate the return of Eddie Brock as Venom? Now I don't believe they had any intention of bringing Brock back (in the near future), but if they were going with a symbiote story I'd have a hard time leaving out Brock/Venom, or having another character play Venom. If it's a S6 story, I doubt the new director is going to want to be stuck with Ock/Sandman playing the good guys. And even if they don't use those stories and go with brand new villains, if there is nothing carried over from the Raimiverse story or characterwise (ie) no Simmons, Cambell, Rent guy and his daughter) and it's a completely different tone and direction AND you cast younger leads, then it will be a loose sequel at best, but I'd consider that a reboot. I guess it's just terminology and definitions that people don't agree with. Like the whole debate of whether Pluto is a planet or not.

Last edited:
spider-man to important for Sony?

how come they wont support spec sm season 3..they could spend for it instead of waiting for Disney to order a new season and with Wolverine and Im getting its own anime where is spider-man's
Have you been in the SSM forum lately? We have some ideas/ hopes/ suspicioons as to why it's taking so long.

To be quite honest, if done right, I'm open for the Sinister Six as the Villians for 5 and 6.
As am I.

If Sony were interested in resurrecting a symbiote story are they really going to limit themselves to Carnage and not contemplate the return of Eddie Brock as Venom? Now I don't believe they had any intention of bringing Brock back (in the near future), but if they were going with a symbiote story I'd have a hard time leaving out Brock/Venom, or having another character play Venom. If it's a S6 story, I doubt the new director is going to want to be stuck with Ock/Sandman playing the good guys. And even if they don't use those stories and go with brand new villains, if there is nothing carried over from the Raimiverse story or characterwise (ie) no Simmons, Cambell, Rent guy and his daughter) and it's a completely different tone and direction AND you cast younger leads, then it will be a loose sequel at best, but I'd consider that a reboot. I guess it's just terminology and definitions that people don't agree with. Like the whole debate of whether Pluto is a planet or not.
I agree with chaseter here, but Fat tONIe makes some really good points. I just want Raimi to finish out all 6 and then reboot later on. Unless they want me to fill in for him.

Why would they already want to do another symbiote story line when you still have a few classic, more interesting villians to allow on screen?

What about Electro, Mysterio, Kraven, Vulture, Lizard, Scorpion, and even Rhino and Shocker??? I would much rather see them on the big screen before I watch another symbiote story line with the red rehash of Venom that is Carnage. Plus, they can bring back Venom if they really wanted too but I am also against that.

Why would they already want to do another symbiote story line when you still have a few classic, more interesting villians to allow on screen?

What about Electro, Mysterio, Kraven, Vulture, Lizard, Scorpion, and even Rhino and Shocker??? I would much rather see them on the big screen before I watch another symbiote story line with the red rehash of Venom that is Carnage. Plus, they can bring back Venom if they really wanted too but I am also against that.
Not saying I would do this, but in a way, I can see them formulating a mix of classic and new villian to keep froming using all of the interesting classic villains. Keep in mind, Norman, Harry, Otto(?) and Jr. are all dead as far as we know. If they use up the interesting villains remaining, what would be left for Vanderbilt's SM 5, 6, and possibly 7.

The same reason they put Venom in Spider-Man 3 and didn't want the Vulture.

Exactly, but I think they'll keep J.K. Simmons because he said he wants to play J. Jonah Jameson in all the movies if he can.

Not saying I would do this, but in a way, I can see them formulating a mix of classic and new villian to keep froming using all of the interesting classic villains. Keep in mind, Norman, Harry, Otto(?) and Jr. are all dead as far as we know. If they use up the interesting villains remaining, what would be left for Vanderbilt's SM 5, 6, and possibly 7.
There are about 6 truly interesting villians left and about 10 alright villians if you want to add secondary villians like Shocker, Morbius, Rhino, Hobgoblin, etc...

They still have plenty villians left for 3 more films without having to reuse Venom and having to go into crappy characters like Carnage.

There are about 6 truly interesting villians left and about 10 alright villians if you want to add secondary villians like Shocker, Morbius, Rhino, Hobgoblin, etc...

They still have plenty villians left for 3 more films without having to reuse Venom and having to go into crappy characters like Carnage.
I'm just saying, from their POV, they may want a mix to extend the franchise for an # of films.

The same reason they put Venom in Spider-Man 3 and didn't want the Vulture.

How did that relate to this???

chaster said:

Point being, there are enough interesting villains left to make more than 3 films without having to go back and reuse villains that we have already seen and without having to rehash plot points, aka the symbiote, in future movies.

I'm just saying, from their POV, they may want a mix to extend the franchise for an # of films.
Back before SM3, they kept saying we would get 6 Spider-Man films. Now, we are hearing 6 films again. I think after 6, maybe 7, they will let this franchise cool off and maybe do a Venom film or two before bringing back Spider-Man with a full reboot.

Back before SM3, they kept saying we would get 6 Spider-Man films. Now, we are hearing 6 films again. I think after 6, maybe 7, they will let this franchise cool off and maybe do a Venom film or two before bringing back Spider-Man with a full reboot.
Good point, because I have always thought that was the reason they were exploring doing a Venom spinoff... doing it when the Spiderman franchise was on hiatus.

Point being, there are enough interesting villains left to make more than 3 films without having to go back and reuse villains that we have already seen and without having to rehash plot points, aka the symbiote, in future movies.
I agree with Chaseter. There are plenty of villains left that can span the next three movies. There is no need for resurrections from the dead. They can formulate stories with villains such as Electro, Vulture, Lizard, Kraven, Scorpion, Mysterio, Chameleon, Shocker, and Hobgoblin in a later movie. There are plenty of possibilities without rehashing dead villains.

I don't know about ending the franchise with Electro or Mysterio or Scorpion or any of those B-listers. Maybe HopGoblin or Carnage could work just to keep an open mind, but I wouldn't end SM6 with those former villains. Not saying they won't consider that, but still. Hypothetically, if they go with S6 but Molina/THC do not return, I don't know if that will do anything for audiences. I wouldn't even bother if those actors didn't come back. But I also wouldn't end the franchise without a classic A-list villain. You are better off rebooting.

You said that they almost put in the Vulture, but the studio didn't. Raimi wanted the Vulture but the studio didn't.

I don't know about ending the franchise with Electro or Mysterio or Scorpion or any of those B-listers. Maybe HopGoblin or Carnage could work just to keep an open mind, but I wouldn't end SM6 with those former villains. Not saying they won't consider that, but still. Hypothetically, if they go with S6 but Molina/THC do not return, I don't know if that will do anything for audiences. I wouldn't even bother if those actors didn't come back. But I also wouldn't end the franchise without a classic A-list villain. You are better off rebooting.
Carnage will be in the Venom film anyways. I would rather see him in that movie than taking the spotlight away from the classic/better villians we have left.

Are they seriously still making a Venom film.

What a waste of time. I like the character, but not enough to warrant an entire film dedicated to him.

Hope it falls into development hell.

The only Carnage will even work is if Venom is brought back.(Which I'm against) It'll be a big kick in the balls to Venom fans that he only got eight minutes of screentime, but Carnage gets a whole movie to himself. Besides he'll fit more in the Venom movie.

And I agree with everything Chaseter said. Why waste movies with villains we've already seen, when they are plenty others left waiting to be adapted?

No more goblins. No more symbiotes. Let's move on to new stories please.

Here's how I would like to go

SM4: Lizard and Electro

SM5: Vulture and Scorpion. After watching SM:TAS I think these two would make a nice combo. Vulture would be the brains. Scorpion would be the brawn. It's a shame 9/11 happened because I would liked to have seen Spidey and Vulture duke it out around the twin towers.

SM6: Mysterio. He could make illusions of all the villains Spidey's fought in previous movies.

I'd go:

SM4: Still prayin for Kraven/Lizard
SM5: (If it's a reboot): Electro/Vulture or Mysterio/Scorpion
SM6: The remainder of the top two or S6 team.

If it's a sequel I'd say

SM5: Carnage/Venom
SM6: Hop Goblin.

Last edited:
I think that of the villains we are mentioning that they can work as long as they are portrayed as sizeable threats. They all still pose challenges and theats for Spiderman and the city. Puting innocents in peril and so on. It's all about how they are written. Whether they will be thinking villains or unstable villains they should have their own plans and motivations. They may not be scientists or millionaires like Ock and Norman but there can still be a dynamic in how they fit in the overall story. And don't tell me the battle scenes with any of the aforementioned can't be spectacular.

Just imagine an aerial chase and battle with Vulture, a sewer/city chase and then fight with Lizard, a fight with Electro in Times Square, Mysterio forcing Peter to relive his nightmares and kicking his butt, Scorpion going crazy and jumping around while shooting his laser at everything. I would much rather see all of that before I see Carnage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"