Sequels Spider-Man 5 & 6

I saw the date; but, isn't that really an old article.... being repeated for some reason?

Molina also said that before SM3 came out in an interview. All of these actors say they would love to return for future installments when they are asked in an interview.
You think if they asked Willem Dafoe or James Franco the same question you would get a similar response?

I'll only accept Doc Ock if it's some sort of illusion by Mysterio. Otherwise it would have made his redemption pointless.

And there's still other villains to use. I'd prefer if they didn't waste movies bringing back villains we've already seen.

I don't know if this was brought up but I believe there was a report (speculative) that said Disney had no intention of extending Sony beyond SM6 and they intend to take back the franchise from that point on. Too lazy to look for the article but if that's the case, I don't see how Sony can possibly reboot by SM5 unless they feel they can make something truly unique that stands apart from previous SM films in a short frame of just two films. So if they recast, I guess they'd need to find older actors as it is and stay in continuity with Raimi's films. A guy like Jake G would make sense right NOW, although he'll probably be too old and expensive by SM5.

Last edited:
How can they take back, an agreement made by Marval & Sony?

When the rights expire? Sony probably knew about the buyout before it happened, hence the development of two additional pics. That way, they extend the life of the franchise after SM-4 is released.

Rights go back to Marvel after the sixth Spidey film. I am almost certain there was a 6 film cap on the original deal.

^ thought it was 3, could be wrong tho

They can still recast and stay in continuity with th current francise? Right?

Rights go back to Marvel after the sixth Spidey film. I am almost certain there was a 6 film cap on the original deal.

That deal has obviously since been renegotiated, since it looks like Sony will be making a grand total of seven movies (six Spider-Man + one Venom).

From MTV:
EXCLUSIVE: Sam Raimi Talks 'Spider-Man 5' And 'Spider-Man 6'—But Will He Direct?

Rick Marshall said:
"Every time I make one of the 'Spider-Man' movies, I have to ask myself, is the character still intriguing to me?" Raimi told MTV News. "Do I love the character? Am I dying to tell the next story of Peter Parker and Spider-Man?"

"And so far the answer has been yes," he said.

But that's not all he had to say about future installments of the blockbuster franchise, which recently tagged original "Spider-Man 4" writer James Vanderbilt to script the next two films.

"If ever I feel sated, like I've got no more to say or I'm not really super-excited about it," Raimi continued, "because I know I'll also love it, but I've got to be super-excited about it. If I can't reach that level of commitment and excitement, I think then there'd be somebody else better to do justice to the story."

"You have to ask me in two-and-half years," he laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"