Sequels Spider-Man Beyond???

SolidRoar

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hi, Spidey fans.. I was checking out Moviehole when I found this:
A screenwriter pal tells Moviehole today that she's heard talk already of "Spider-Man" continuing on to have a fourth, fifth, sixth adventure and so on. What's envisioned is a "franchise beyond the planned trilogy stage, which Columbia Tristar has planned; less Batman Forever and Superman IV: Quest for Peace, more Batman Beyond". Could that mean Peter Parker might turn old mentor and train a new Spidey? Maybe - I suppose it's a way for Tobey Maguire to lay down the tights.
Thought you might be interested. :) Sorry, if it was already posted.

Link: http://www.moviehole.net/news/4700.html

Is that mean they're trying to make Batman Beyond movie or something?

When that day comes down the line, I would rather see a reimaging of SM1 through 3 like they're doing with Batman, that does the Gwen/MJ/Goblin Legacies justice.

I wouldn't pay any attention to such a rumor. Some of this stuff is just red herrings, people.

American_Hobo said:
I hope they really make Batman Beyond movie though....
Do you mean live-action? There have been at least two animated ones.

Webmistress_O4 said:
yes, live action.

I think Blight or Inque should be cool villain if they make one.

Batman Beyond was great but i would be intersted to hear more of this idea.

you don't think they'd base a spdey flick on spider-man unlimited?, the cartoon i mean

that would be idiotic and totally unfaithful to the comics. Just get new actors for Peter, Harry (if he's still alive) and MJ, who are all 22-to-25-ish, and you can get 3 more movies out of them. Keep the Bugle staff with the same actors if they want to come back, or all new actors if they don't. And introduce Black Cat, Eddie Brock, Alistaire Smyth, and Liz Allen to be new supporting characters for the second trilogy.

I mean, in the comics different artists draw characters different ways, so people would just have to accept that these are the same characters and I think it would not be a problem.

I think the message has been received wrong. I think what they were trying to say in the quote is that the future Spider-Man movies were not going to be done in the same style as Batman Forever and Superman 4, which is to say campy and overly comic bookish. By saying that it'll be more like Batman Beyond, I think they mean that it will be edgier, darker, and less like a kid's movie. At least that's what I got from it.

TheSlag said:
When that day comes down the line, I would rather see a reimaging of SM1 through 3 like they're doing with Batman, that does the Gwen/MJ/Goblin Legacies justice.
Batman Begins isn't a re-imagining of the previous films, unless you weren't actually saying that :confused:

Maguire turning mentor to train a new Spider-Man has to be one of the dumbest thoughts anyone could have. I don't need to explain that one.

Michael Jackson said:
Batman Begins isn't a re-imagining of the previous films, unless you weren't actually saying that :confused:

Maguire turning mentor to train a new Spider-Man has to be one of the dumbest thoughts anyone could have. I don't need to explain that one.

Re-imaging, re-do, do-over.... whatever you want to call it. I would prefer that approach to Spider-Man than say Spider-Man Beyond.

Hyper Venom 2.0 said:
I think the message has been received wrong. I think what they were trying to say in the quote is that the future Spider-Man movies were not going to be done in the same style as Batman Forever and Superman 4, which is to say campy and overly comic bookish. By saying that it'll be more like Batman Beyond, I think they mean that it will be edgier, darker, and less like a kid's movie. At least that's what I got from it.
I like the way this guy thinks.

i agree with hyper venom, and its kinda what i been saying all along, that these films are going to evolve from one to the next, i belive that the less its aimed at kids the better off the whole franchise will be. i mean the first couple of batman films werent aimed at kids and they were decent sort of films, i dont understand how S-M couldnt be like that.(by saying like that i mean edgy and dark, not campy and stupid)

Webmistress_O4 said:

Nah there was only 1 animated movie of BB

No, there's been two. One that came with the episode packs, and Return of the Joker.

Webmistress_O4 said:
No, there's been two. One that came with the episode packs, and Return of the Joker.

You mean BB the movie which had the 2 pt episodes called Rebirth?

I'm not sure. I just remember seeing one with the eps, and the Return of the Joker(which kicked ass, BTW).

I think there's been ROTJ and then there was a feature length pilot that split into two episodes.

And yes, ROTJ did kick ass.

Webmistress_O4 said:
I'm not sure. I just remember seeing one with the eps, and the Return of the Joker(which kicked ass, BTW).

Than it must have been the Rebirth one

wait are they going to make a spider-man 2099 movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"