Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the addition of Hydro-Man, we're probably looking at:

Vulture
Mysterio
Scorpion
Shocker
Hydro-Man
6th member (my money is still on Doc Ock)

Vulture
Mysterio
Scorpion
Shocker
Hydro-Man

Wasn't there talk of Chameleon?

From the looks of it none of the Raimi or Webb used Villains are being reused.

Chameleon is not confirmed at this point. Just was rumored. Do we have an actor potentially for Hydro-Man? Chameleon could be in this, but I don't see how he would fit this mold here given the likely 6th member is going to be the leader. I still think Ock is most likely candidate for that.

Chameleon is not confirmed at this point. Just was rumored. Do we have an actor potentially for Hydro-Man? Chameleon could be in this, but I don't see how he would fit this mold here given the likely 6th member is going to be the leader. I still think Ock is most likely candidate for that.

Chameleon could still potentially fill this role as well because he frequently functions as a spy and/or an international crime boss in the comics, so he would likely have the necessary experience and connections to operate as a leader if needed. Also, Chameleon's connections to the international spy scene in the comics would fit right in with the movie's European setting.

Chameleon could still potentially fill this role as well because he frequently functions as a spy and/or an international crime boss in the comics, so he would likely have the necessary experience and connections to operate as a leader if needed. Also, Chameleon's connections to the international spy scene in the comics would fit right in with the movie's European setting.

He's not a sexy choice for leader, though. Chameleon is a fine Spider-Man villain, but he is far from the best. I'd rather see someone like Ock in charge. Plus, Mysterio can do much of what Chamelon can, and more. He does fit the spy vibe though, that is true.

They could make one of the current set up villains the leader.

Personally i ain't expecting really faithful villains even by Marvel standard.

I am still kinda puzzled over the treatment of shocker.

Vulture
Mysterio
Scorpion
Shocker
Hydro-Man

This is starting to remind me of The "Insidious" Six from Spider-man TAS as it's lineup mostly consisted of these villains.

Hydro-Man was also apparently Sandman's on that show.

They could make one of the current set up villains the leader.

Personally i ain't expecting really faithful villains even by Marvel standard.

I am still kinda puzzled over the treatment of shocker.

Meh, didn't bother me really. Shocker is not a great villain, really. He fits henchman mold very well. We haven't seen Mysterio yet, so we don't know if he can be a leader in that regard. Toomes feels to me more like he would fit Sandman's role from Return of the Sinister Six. So if not Mysterio, I feel like it must be someone new.

This is starting to remind me of The "Insidious" Six from Spider-man TAS as it's lineup mostly consisted of these villains.

Hydro-Man was also apparently Sandman's on that show.

Omg, you're right!!! Only Rhino is missing :wow:

Shame, because it's a bit daft if we don't ever get an MCU Green Goblin, given that he's Spider-Man's most iconic villain.

Not having GG in the MCU is a MAJOR missed opportunity if they choose not too, that's ridiculous.

Goblin not being involved in the Sinister Six hardly means he will never come. I would rather he not be involved with the Sinister Six, though. I would like that to wrap up, then you can bring him in.

I'd be happy as a clam if we never saw Green Goblin, other assorted Goblins, or the Osborns again. There are other stories to tell, other characters to use, we don't need to always come back to this well.

I'm pretty stoked for Scorpion, even if just as a side dish character. Not a conflicted pity party villain in the least. Just a mean, nasty convict with a neck tattoo and a revenge *****, waiting for that long-tailed costume.

I would be okay with a more detailed character.

I'd be happy as a clam if we never saw Green Goblin, other assorted Goblins, or the Osborns again. There are other stories to tell, other characters to use, we don't need to always come back to this well.

For real? One of Spider-man's most iconic villains and you don't ever want to see him again? I've been dying to see an MCU Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Venom (sigh thanks Sony) in the MCU since before Spidey even joined it. If they were smart they would do Sinister Six first with Doc Ock as the end game for this trilogy, then when Peter is in college introduce Harry, Mary Jane and Gwen as his supporting characters and then do a Norman Osborn Green Goblin story.

See the thing is, those of us who want to see Green Goblin again, we want to because we haven't seen him since 2002, no one really counts New Goblin or crackhead Goblin (both Harry btw not Norman) except for maybe the general public because they don't see a difference.

I'm positive they have plans for him, and for Doctor Octopus too.

If they don't have plans for them in neither the 2nd or 3rd movie then kinda doubt they have plans for them at all currently. they may have them on the no plans but maybe one day shelf, but given the way marvel work i suspect their plans don't go beyond the 3rd movie.

Really Marvel don't know whether the deal will be renewed with Sony and given the way marvel do things they have never got past a 3rd movie for any of their characters as of yet.

Wasted opportunity for sure. Even if it was just a bit role, they could've done something very cool with him.
I think we can expect him to return for the future. It's possible they did not want to do too much with the side villains and focus mainly on Vulture. I do like Shocker for what he was in HC.

For real? One of Spider-man's most iconic villains and you don't ever want to see him again? I've been dying to see an MCU Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Venom (sigh thanks Sony) in the MCU since before Spidey even joined it. If they were smart they would do Sinister Six first with Doc Ock as the end game for this trilogy, then when Peter is in college introduce Harry, Mary Jane and Gwen as his supporting characters and then do a Norman Osborn Green Goblin story.
So you'd have the original MCU Spider-Man trilogy, then Spider-Man: The College Years?

That could work, if it was like how Jurassic World is a new trilogy after the Jurassic Park trilogy of movies.

Just to be clear, as your colleges are different to ours, do you mean college as in our sixth form/post-Secondary education (A Levels/BTECs) or college as in our university (IE Bachelor degree stuff)?

So you'd have the original MCU Spider-Man trilogy, then Spider-Man: The College Years?

That could work, if it was like how Jurassic World is a new trilogy after the Jurassic Park trilogy of movies.

Just to be clear, as your colleges are different to ours, do you mean college as in our sixth form/post-Secondary education (A Levels/BTECs) or college as in our university (IE Bachelor degree stuff)?

University

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"