Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

As someone who felt Marvel Studios never quite tapped the full potential of the Spider-Man property, I'm happy they were able to secure the deal with Sony. Marvel should see this through and if indeed Sony will keep the full film rights after this new deal is over, at least Marvel will have a chance to actually transition Spidey out so it makes sense why he'd no longer be in the MCU.

I'm just hoping they finally separate him from Iron Man for goodness sake. All I want is MCU Spidey to be his own man.

Watched the movie for a 3erd time told on Tuesday when it came out on video. I saw it twice in theaters. The illusion action scence is still so good I think its easily my second favorite action scence in any Spiderman movie. The train fight I am still waiting to be topped. Watched the special features some where pretty cool some not so much.

The illusions scenes are so awesome they almost belong to another, superior Spider-Man film. It felt a bit disconnected with the rest of the movie. They should've included that a bit more in the second half.

They had Tony Revolori on the commentary video too.

That's virtually indistinguishable from the real pic Holland shared from his photoshoot on IG a while back.

Do you think it would have made more sense to switch the actresses around who played Liz and Betty? Liz actress was older and Betty actress looks more like Liz from the comics.

First time rewatching Homecoming a few months ago I forgot she wasn’t Liz Allen.

I can see the Gwen comparison because of the headband.

One of my buddies knows how much I love Spider-Man, he really liked Homecoming and shared his thoughts on this movie just now.

Most of the stuff confused him, and he's not a fan of this one.

Got the 4K for this yesterday, eager to see if it holds up to repeat viewings.

Do they make up these Spidey movies as they go along or do they have like... a plan.

I succumbed to my wishes to see Mysterio and watched this movie, and it's great as entertainment (emphasis on as entertainment), and I think I agree with my buddy @chintai80 about Jake Gyllenghaal entered a Nicolas Cage mode in his speech scene.

Action is wonderful, the new costume still looks great, Mysterio's illusions are creative and wonderful to look at, and I love that they managed to stay faithful to the classic design without changing it too much and making it easy to take more seriously, they've done a better job than Treyarch done with Mysterio's suit in Spider-Man 2 video game, and I really like that design, so major props to the costume design team.

The new building taking place of Stark/Avengers Tower is cool and made for one of the coolest shots displaying Spider-Man's movements and showing his coordination and abilities.

However, while the movie is better made than Homecoming in so many ways, starting with extras acting (Donald Glover and Hannibal Burress were sleep walking during their performances), supporting characters seem to come with more value, and Spider-Man is competent for the most part... it still has flaws holding it back from being a really good movie:

• Everyone who got fired from STARK Industries or has a grudge against Tony Stark joins Mysterio on a quest to destroy buildings and cities around the world, the whole plan is bonkers.
  • Telos the Tamer should know better than to believe Quentin's hokey explanation enough to trust him and try to find Spider-Man, he's a military commander from a more advanced alien race, he should know better. This revelation makes it worse than Nick himself trusting Beck.
  • Let's talk about the elementals a bit......how did nobody question Beck about the idea that these things destroyed his world and moved to another world? And he's alive? And a single one of them knew how to teleport to another world? And how did his monsters destroy everything when he needed drones controlled by Edith to make them convincing?
  • Pepper Potts should be the next Iron Man, at least she has more right than a kid who was a victim of the blip.

I'm torn between a 6 or a 7 out of 10 grading this movie on quality, it has too many flaws bogging it down from being as good as it deserves to be. The good news is I'v enjoyed it enough to grade it a 9/10 on the joy scale.

Not really specific to Far From Home apart from being Tom Holland Spider-man, but I figure this is where those interested would see it. As has been speculated for a while, Disney's 'stuntronic' figures will be used to send Spider-man swinging overhead in their new Marvel area starting this summer.

Old video of the animatronics being tested to give a better idea of what it can do:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"