Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

There is nothing saying that Marvel won't ever step beyond 3 films for a character, especially past phase 3.

Doesn't mean it will be a new trilogy, but we could potentially see a fourth film, especially considering the circumstances between Sony and Marvel.

I also see them casting a young Tom Holland in the role as intentional to see him grow into it.

On a side note, although I would hate this, I could see them exploring a new Spider-Man, like (sigh) Miles Morales. I hope not.

However Marvel/Disney is not the sole owner of Spider-Man. Should the current MCU rendering meet Sony's expectations they may want to roll on until Tom Holland ages out of the role.

Well if they decide not to make more films, and Sony pulls out of the deal, they will have to find a new actor for the role so the character is no longer part of the MCU.

Lol I’d like to see how they handle the backlash if they do that. If they take spidey out the mcu it’s over for them.

There is nothing saying that Marvel won't ever step beyond 3 films for a character, especially past phase 3.

We will have to wait and see.

Well if they decide not to make more films, and Sony pulls out of the deal, they will have to find a new actor for the role so the character is no longer part of the MCU.

Would they though? Personally i ain't convinced they haven't set up a backdoor plan for him since why would Sony want to recast again? and why would they wanna be put in a spot where they had too?

It's fair to say they won't considering Marvel will dwarf Sony with X-Men and the F4 while Arad's Venomverse slowly deteriorates

They own the film rights to Spider-man. simple as.

If they stay with Marvel then they make money from the solos. if they leave then they probably still make spider-man movies.

Not much will change beyond not having Marvel as safety net

It's fair to say they won't considering Marvel will dwarf Sony with X-Men and the F4 while Arad's Venomverse slowly deteriorates

Exactly. The smart thing to do is to stay within the MCU. Spidey is too big.
I know it's Sony, but I'd rather believe they aren't so dumb.

Exactly. The smart thing to do is to stay within the MCU. Spidey is too big.

To be fair you kinda just gave a good reason why they wouldn't need to stay with the MCU.

It will be interesting to see how well Spider-man in the Spiderverse does for Sony.

Holland is my favorite Spider-Man/Parker. If Sony decided to try things on their own and not want to work with Marvel, I'd likely not bother. I would not feel the need to go just like I don't plan on watching Venom, Phoenix, New Mutants, and didn't watch F4.

Idk anyone who would want Spidey back at Sony again. I mean, which studio would you want handling the creative desicions? The one that made Vulture one of the most engaging and terrifying onscreen villains ever, or the one that made Lizard completely one-dimensional and boring as hell, and Electro a jokey, mishandled mess?

Its fair to say Sony would get over it

It’s fair to say that people are tired of Spider-Man being rebooted and just want a solid home for the character. And people want Tom Holland to stay for the most part

To be fair you kinda just gave a good reason why they wouldn't need to stay with the MCU.

It will be interesting to see how well Spider-man in the Spiderverse does for Sony.

Uh not really. They screwed up multiple times and lead the character to almost being boring and unlikable. People wanted spidey in the mcu way before the deal was made. Sony tried with a universe and failed horribly. It shows they don’t know what they are doing with making a venom movie with no Spider-Man. Sony is an awful company to handle the character

Idk anyone who would want Spidey back at Sony again. I mean, which studio would you want handling the creative desicions? The one that made Vulture one of the most engaging and terrifying onscreen villains ever, or the one that made Lizard completely one-dimensional and boring as hell, and Electro a jokey, mishandled mess?

Id argue whether marvel have made favorable decisions will probably remain debatable among fans since some will argue they have made things better and others will argue they shouldn't have done certain things at all.

I think often marvel gets so much over bloated praise for their wider potential but often if you look at the limitations they seem to move by everything starts to seem much smaller. for example people talking about marvels plans for all the spider-man characters moving forward... again they haven't made a forth movie of any of their characters and usually stop and 3. now spider-man could the first to get a 4th but thats kinda up in the air at the moment anyway

It’s fair to say that people are tired of Spider-Man being rebooted and just want a solid home for the character. And people want Tom Holland to stay for the most part

Sony probably are too. but then why would they put themselves in that situation where if they did disconnect from marvel that they would have to do that?

Uh not really. They screwed up multiple times and lead the character to almost being boring and unlikable. People wanted spidey in the mcu way before the deal was made. Sony tried with a universe and failed horribly. It shows they don’t know what they are doing with making a venom movie with no Spider-Man. Sony is an awful company to handle the character

I think people wanted spider-man in the MCU even during the time of TASM. but that was more feeling like spider-man couldn't play with the avengers and everyone needs to be part of the avengers crossover experience

Last edited:

I love how you're picking and choosing here, like Lizard and Electro were the only villains that Sony did at all.

Spider-man isn't going anywhere. You don't give the fans wht they have been asking for years only to take it back after 4-5 appearances. Nobody trusts Sony with the ips. Nobody and they know it.

Spidey isn't going anywhere. I think some of you are just bored and crave controversy to fill your days. There is no sign he is going anywhere.

Spider-man isn't going anywhere. You don't give the fans wht they have been asking for years only to take it back after 4-5 appearances. Nobody trusts Sony with the ips. Nobody and they know it.

Spidey isn't going anywhere. I think some of you are just bored and crave controversy to fill your days. There is no sign he is going anywhere.

At some point they need to renew the deal to keep spider-man in the MCU.

Personally i am convinced Sony will renew the deal... but i don't think its gonna be over fear about what the Fans think. i do suspect though that there may be some changes or added additions to the negotiations though

And Sony are not making Spider-man in the Spiderverse because of what the fans think, and thats an all Sony project.

This. So far the only piece of evidence we have to go on is a vague statement made by someone who got fired from Sony for being bad at their job.

Other than that there's never been any other evidence.

I love how you're picking and choosing here, like Lizard and Electro were the only villains that Sony did at all.

Would you prefer that I get into just how much every post-Raimi pre-Marvel deal creative choice Sony made sucked? How the Webb films almost killed the franchise? How they seem to have no goddamn idea where to take the character without Marvel's guidance? Because the problems go wayyyy deeper than Lizard and Electro.

We have no way of knowing 100%, but it's pretty safe to assume that Spidey's staying put. Like BaronZemo said, people here are kinda bored, there hasn't been any huge FFH news lately and there probably won't be for a few more months, so some people just like to speculate to have something to talk about.

Last edited:
Would you prefer that I get into just how much every post-Raimi pre-Marvel deal creative choice Sony made sucked?

Thats debatable.

After all what we currently have now is a spider-man with a iron man style jarvis suit, with his comic relief pal and an alternative very different mary jane and flash Thomson.

When it comes to choices the only difference between marvel and Sony are that Marvel are likely to show more confident over their choices.

It’s not debatable. Sony ran the franchise into the ground so hard that marvel had to reinvent the wheel and make spidey marketable again. Gotg and cap were making more than marvel’s flagship character. So of course they made him like a mini iron man to stray away from what Sony did. Sony almost destroyed Spider-Man.

When this deal was being made you had people saying they didn’t want peter anymore cause he’s boring they’d rather have frickin miles. Miles!

Sony did that.

Comic con 2013. Loki got a huge applause at hall h
Spider-Man came out in full costume and nobody cared.

The character was being ruined. How anyone can think asm and Sony are great for Spider-Man is beyond me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"