Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Yeah, it is staying steady at this point.

91%

• Average Rating: 7.45/10
  • Total Count: 151
  • Fresh: 138
  • Rotten: 13
Close to 92%

Well, judging by how little money it makes, a lot of people clearly agree with you...:o

Defending the merits of a movie, based on the box office intake supplied by a, primarily, dull-brained audience is hardly a convincing argument.

Defending the merits of a movie, based on the box office intake supplied by a, primarily, dull-brained audience is hardly a convincing argument.

So, you are accusing the audience to be dull-brained because they enjoy something you don't, that isn't the best argument either.

So, you are accusing the audience to be dull-brained because they enjoy something you don't, that isn't the best argument either.
That is not my argument !

92%

• Average Rating: 7.45/10
  • Total Count: 153
  • Fresh: 140

So....if we look at the overwhelmingly positive reviews, couple that with promising box office returns, and go by the amount of people who say it's good, that would be a better barometer for the "goodness" of the film.

Bibbity Bobbity Boo.

Lookee there! 92%, already raking in money, and we'll see how people 'round here like it. Then I guess we can just serve some crow with a side of humble pie, right?

Also...you are on a Spider-man forum where a hefty percentage love or at least like this incarnation...so I'm sure you knew you'd garner such positively skewed responses.

we need that guy who photo shopped Dark Phoenix with a100% Tomatometer in the DP boards in here to fix this issue for us...

92%

• Average Rating: 7.48/10
  • Total Count: 161
  • Fresh: 148

So....if we look at the overwhelmingly positive reviews, couple that with promising box office returns, and go by the amount of people who say it's good, that would be a better barometer for the "goodness" of the film.

Bibbity Bobbity Boo.

Lookee there! 92%, already raking in money, and we'll see how people 'round here like it. Then I guess we can just serve some crow with a side of humble pie, right?

Also...you are on a Spider-man forum where a hefty percentage love or at least like this incarnation...so I'm sure you knew you'd garner such positively skewed responses.

Goodness is subjective, and the "general consensus" should never influence one's own opinion of anything. I literally cannot stand this Spider-Man. After 10 minutes of Homecoming, I just wanted the kid to shut the hell up. I also hate the whole MCU / Iron Man connection they weaved into it.

No humble pie required ... I gave up this fight long ago. Yay, Marvel is awesome. And so it was yesterday. Next ...

Goodness is subjective, and the "general consensus" should never influence one's own opinion of anything. I literally cannot stand this Spider-Man. After 10 minutes of Homecoming, I just wanted the kid to shut the hell up. I also hate the whole MCU / Iron Man connection they weaved into it.

No humble pie required ... I gave up this fight long ago. Yay, Marvel is awesome. And so it was yesterday. Next ...

Cool. So...the sequel was never going to appeal to you, man. Same reason why I don't go into the Power Rangers forums. I was never going to like them, as I've always despised the Rangers, so I just leave those people to discuss it.

Also, an individual opinion is just that. It has ZERO bearing on a consensus view that is mostly opposite of it. I mean, some people hate pizza, too. I don't know those people, though, as I don't want to allow that level of negativity into my life.

Cool. So...the sequel was never going to appeal to you, man. Same reason why I don't go into the Power Rangers forums. I was never going to like them, as I've always despised the Rangers, so I just leave those people to discuss it.

Also, an individual opinion is just that. It has ZERO bearing on a consensus view that is mostly opposite of it. I mean, some people hate pizza, too. I don't know those people, though, as I don't want to allow that level of negativity into my life.

Difference here is I used to love Spider-Man, whereas you've always despised Power Rangers. Lol about the negativity toward pizza ...

MCU Spidey is the best Spidey.

IN. MY. OPINION.

TOMATOMETER

93%

• Average Rating: 7.53/10
  • Total Count: 179
  • Fresh: 166
:woo:

And I never understood how people could be satisfied with Spider-Man 2, back when it was sacrilege on this forum to say so. Peeps just have different opinions. It happens.

It’s now at 93% it seems.

There are elements I like from all three movie versions, but MCU Spidey is also my overall favorite. The MCU has done things way different than I would have in some cases most definitely, but overall it’s been a interesting ride.

In regards to Spidey and I remember the Harry Potter comparison comments, as Harry Potter has them as kids and as they got older things got darker and darker. So it makes me wonder if like let’s say there is a overall plan for several trilogies and the first is fun and light, 2nd trilogy gets darker and the last has real dark/adult elements.

Guess we will see. As it is, Re: Spider-man: Far From Home, I’m glad it’s being well received and people are enjoying it.

Last edited:
Nice to see FFH maintaining (and even increasing) its RT score and average rating. Still got a long ways to go before we have a final rating because Homecoming had 379 reviews while FFH is only at 179.

Surprised that the movie is hanging around 93. At like 100 reviews it was at like a 90 and normally even movies with great reviews scores go down some once you start getting a lot more reviews. I thought after 100 reviews it had a good shoot at being in the 80's but now its getting closer to 200 reviews and has been at 13 rotten reviews for a while. Looking like its going to stick in the 90's now. At this point I think it is going to finish at worst a 90 and at best a 93 I think. Its 93 is 1 higher than home comming right now and its average score is .12 lower than home comming. I wonder can it finish above home comming in both or at least one of those 2? At this point I dont think it will end with a higher average has its .12 lower and that is even after a lot of positive reviews in a row I think its gotten like 50+ positive reviews in a row. So its going to be hard for its average to go up much more. It might be able to finish at a 93 to stay above home comming. I think it will end at 91-92.

Nice to see FFH maintaining (and even increasing) its RT score and average rating. Still got a long ways to go before we have a final rating because Homecoming had 379 reviews while FFH is only at 179.

Its now at 182 has I type this and I find it kind of odd that it comes out tomorrow/today depending on your time zone and that it has still not hit 200+ reviews.

we need that guy who photo shopped Dark Phoenix with a100% Tomatometer in the DP boards in here to fix this issue for us...
Wait, somebody did that? :funny:
I hope he was joking, nobody should take RT that seriously.

TOMATOMETER

93%

• Average Rating: 7.53/10
  • Total Count: 179
  • Fresh: 166
:woo:
This is actually rising, both the score and average rating. Nice. Might actually end up getting better reviews than Homecoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"