Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

The animation. It is almost like the framerate is off.

I think the style looks amazing. Has a really cool feel. I was not excited for this before but the trailer got me. Not exactly feeling that voice for Peter though.

Awesome trailer and cool to see Peter in the role he should be.

This looks great. Can't wait to see it. I wish that they made more traditional Spider-Man movie like this at some point because I like the animation style. I don't really want a movie with many Spider-Mans and universes. Shouldn't this movie have its own section?

I’m liking the Spidey slacks.

242_CC520_6_A68_4_B51_A8_DE_1527_CD62_C405.jpg

The animation looks cool and this movie overall looks very exciting. If Sony worked on more films like this and left the live action series to Marvel Studios, it would be much better.

My only gripe is that Peter Parker's voice seems... off... otherwise I like the direction that this is going.

^ he's also doing it barefoot. So for a second there. I thought that was the Indian Spider-Man.

Oh, wow. :eek:

According to Deadline, the wonderful Hailee Steinfeld is voicing Spider-Gwen in this. :hrt:

Awesome! :D

I much preferred the first teaser. Do we know if any other Spider-Men will be in.

I much preferred the first teaser. Do we know if any other Spider-Men will be in.

I think I read somewhere that they wanted to connect this to the Venom movie.

Ugh.

Maybe we’ll get something like this:

934_D6_DDA_8_BD7_4_C25_B2_B7_F2_A037_A60059.jpg

Anyways, Liev Schreiber is voicing Kingping.

I'll take whatever spidermovies I can get.

Am I the only one that finds Spidey sounds a little different when he saves Miles? The whole, "Hey kid. You're like me..how?"

Definitely sounds different than Jake Johnson and with rumors going as far back to February as John Krasinki voicing Spidey..maybe there's multiple Peter Parkers going on?

Very interested to keep following this more closely.

The animation reminds me of the Peanuts movie. I suspect they wanna maintain the moving comic book aesthetic.

Am I the only one that finds Spidey sounds a little different when he saves Miles? The whole, "Hey kid. You're like me..how?"

Definitely sounds different than Jake Johnson and with rumors going as far back to February as John Krasinki voicing Spidey..maybe there's multiple Peter Parkers going on?

Very interested to keep following this more closely.
Interesting point... I do think we will see multiple Peter Parkers in this movie.

Interesting point... I do think we will see multiple Peter Parkers in this movie.

Oooouuu! And maybe Ben Parker! I'd flip to see Scarlet Spider there!

I really liked the trailer. The animation style is stunning. And Peter and Miles both looked great.

I love the style of it. So different from what Hollywood usually puts out. Some info...
We're into everything going on here: the art style, the action, the very Lord-and-Miller sense of humor that's on display. This movie looks like a blast, and I'm saying that as someone who usually doesn't make time for animated superhero joints. Also worth mentioning: The Get Down's Shameik Moore sounds great as Miles Morales, and just look at what they've done with the voice cast:
"Jake Johnson is joining the cast as Miles' reluctant mentor, Peter Parker, with Liev Schreiber playing the larger-than-life crime lord Kingpin, Hailee Steinfeld playing the spunky, free-spirited Spider-Gwen, Oscar-winner Mahershala Ali as Miles' influential uncle Aaron, Brian Tyree Henry playing Miles' father Jefferson, Luna Lauren Velez as Miles' mother Rio, and Lily Tomlin as Aunt May."
Here's the official plot synopsis:
"Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask."

It reminds me of that awesome Tron animated series that aired back then, when Disney were still trying to make Tron happen.

The animation. It is almost like the framerate is off.

Lord and Miller wanted the film to feel like "you walked inside a comic book", and were excited to "tell the story using camera moves and pushing the style in ways a live-action movie can’t". The CGI animation for the film was combined with "line work and painting and dots and all sorts of comic book techniques" to make it look like it was created by hand, describing it as "a living painting". Lord said the film uses "a totally revolutionary style of animation", which combines the in-house style of Sony Pictures Animation with the "flavor" of comic artist Sara Pichelli (who co-created Miles Morales), and is presented in the anamorphic format.

http://collider.com/peter-parker-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-details/#animated-spider-man-movie

Yeah, this very much feels like what the Scott Pilgrim film was trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"