• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

Saw it, loved it. I don’t really have words how happy I was with this film.

One question I do have,
did they reuse the Lizard changing back in TASM and a reverse of the Sandman reforming from SM3 in their curing scenes? Because they looked incredibly similar, and it made me wonder if the Covid restrictions Tom mentioned in interviews prevented them from appearing in person. Because though Lizard did little anyway, they only showed Sandman as sand the whole time.

Yes they did. There's a video out there that compares the original with the new scenes.

Very sneaky of Marvel.

I'm pleasantly surprised that so many people have accepted the ending and how things turned out.

I thought that
*Killing Aunt May
* Having everyone forget Peter Parker
* Breaking up MJ and Peter

would end up being polarizing in fandom and would result in the usual type of divisive fan discourse we've seen in some other cbm and fantasy films in recent years.

Particularly , I thought alot of fanboys would lose it over killing Aunt May off, but actually, people seem fine with that creative decision and very satisfied and pleased with the ending , so that's a nice change of pace in fandom.

I really loved how the film ended and where it's left Peter going forward.
Without outright spoiling any other specific Spider-Man stories, all I'll say is that NWH isn't the first time Aunt May has died and the last time it happened, there was relatively little backlash, if any, because like NWH it served a purpose in the story and it worked.

Before Peter heads out to the woods, MJ mentions that people reported seeing a "flying monster" in the area, and he assumes that it's the Goblin, but he finds Electro and Sandman there instead. So who was the "flying monster"?

Seeing those pics of Tomei has reminded me that Strange opened up other portals and discovered that in other Multi Verses Doc Ock has been with two of the Aunt Mays;

marisa.jpg

sally.jpg

Deepest lore.

Doc Ock meeting modern day Tobey and being so happy to see him. :waa:

Worth the ticket price just for that.
That warmed my heart. Besides Harry, Ock was the villain that Peter was closest to in the Raimi trilogy. Sure, he probably interacted with Norman more but Otto was Peter's idol. It must have been cathartic for the both of them to see the other in a much better place than when they last saw each other.

Given just how much stuff was going on in the movie, it's honestly amazing how cohesive it turned out. We could have ended up with another TASM2-style mess.

Movies like this, Civil War and Endgame goes to show you theres no such thing as “too many characters” or “too much going on,” a good script knows how to streamline characters and story plots into a focused story.

Movies like this, Civil War and Endgame goes to show you theres no such thing as “too many characters” or “too much going on,” a good script knows how to streamline characters and story plots into a focused story.

Or even if the movie *does* end up a bit messy, everything else about it is great enough that it doesn't really matter, like SM3. NWH had the best of both worlds in that regard.

I am a bit sad that there was only one scene with Angourie Rice, whose Betty was my favorite thing about Far From Home. I get that this film had nothing to do with her though.

I am a bit sad that there was only one scene with Angourie Rice, whose Betty was my favorite thing about Far From Home. I get that this film had nothing to do with her though.

No offense to Zendaya necessarily, but Angourie Rice is a much better actress. In fact, I'd venture to say Zendaya isn't really that good of an actress, as her emotional scenes kinda fell flat. Angourie Rice, on the other hand, came across as more capable in just one movie (The Nice Guys, for anyone who hasn't seen that).

Given just how much stuff was going on in the movie, it's honestly amazing how cohesive it turned out. We could have ended up with another TASM2-style mess.

The script being good is a bonus all on its own, but even if it weren't, like Infinity War and Endgame before it, the movie also had the added benefit of not having to introduce any major brand new characters, provided the audience has already seen the previous Spider-Man films.

I’d be down for her to be the new love interest in the college movies

The one thing that I'm confused about is the timing of Venom's (quick) arrival in the MCU. According to this film, Dr. Strange had cast his spell at least a few months after Peter's identity had been exposed by Mysterio.

Yet when Venom had arrived, you could see Jameson's original broadcast in his hotel room.

The one thing that I'm confused about is the timing of Venom's (quick) arrival in the MCU. According to this film, Dr. Strange had cast his spell at least a few months after Peter's identity had been exposed by Mysterio.

Yet when Venom had arrived, you could see Jameson's original broadcast in his hotel room.

Even worse, it wasn’t even the original broadcast. It was just some weird shot of Tom Holland standing around without a mask.

According to this film, Dr. Strange had cast his spell at least a few months after Peter's identity had been exposed by Mysterio.

Pretty sure the opening of the movie (when the voiceover news announcers are talking) established that NWH takes place the week following the events of FFH. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember one of them saying "last week in London".

Or if you mean the passing of time from the opening to that scene in Dr. Strange's mansion, that was kinda unclear how long that was. Sure didn't seem like months, and more like a matter of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"