Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 2

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

Bingo

This wait for new footage is making me a bit anxious for the game. Compared to other upcoming titles, the marketing for this one hasnt been great

2. Tim

Tim Well-Known Member

It's the same situation as with all Disney properties. EA has Star Wars but they don't own it, they merely got the greenlight to make games by being handed the license. Disney can pull out of that agreement at any time as evident by the rumors that they're meeting up with other publishers already for future SW games due to the whole EA BF2 pay2win debacle.

3. XtremelyBaneful

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...se-spider-man-ps4-after-being-given-a-choice/

4. spiderman2

spiderman2 Well-Known Member

If this game were to be a June game we should get that news very soon I mean detorit got its late may release date just a few weeks ago so its about time for news about a June release date if that is the date.

5. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Nothing new to look at is disappointing. At least I have no reason to be worried about the game.

6. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

I'm still predicting an October/November release with the announcement of the release during E3.

7. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

It is not coming out in June. Why would it? Sony announcing Detroit for late May pretty much solidified that. They dont need it. The promotional push and advertising dollars will be going to GoW and Detroit for the upcoming quarter. Spider-Man is likely coming late September but if it doesnt make that, it'll be a 2019 title

I doubt it since COD and Red Dead will own those months. Its suicide

8. XtremelyBaneful

it's possible that Spiderman will be a summer or close to a summer release

9. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I say late June.

10. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

The lack of a release date has driven the Spider-Man PS4 subreddit to insanity just posting Raimi memes nonstop about wanting to know the release date. :funny:

11. spiderman2

I still think it will be a October game but why couldn't it be late June? GOW is late April and Detroit is late may about a month later. So why could Spider-Man be around a month after Detroit meaning late June?

12. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Always a slacker....

I don't really understand how a game with this much 'hype' or finance investment or indeed, the level of fan base behind it, doesn't have a 'fixed' release date by now.

13. Havok83

Because of how little we've actually seen of it so far. Like I said, the marketing dollars and push are gonna go to Gow and Detroit this coming quarter. 3 big games is alot in that short time span. Once SM is ready to release, I think then will they start ramping up the promo push complete with more footage

Because its become a joke how nearly every post-launch Sony published game has been delayed. They learned their lesson and arent stamping dates on games now unless they are confident they can hit

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

I agree with Havok, a summer release is highly unlikely given it's March and we've heard almost nothing new.

Im still thinking October though late September is also a possibility. Granted Red Dead is serious competition but it wasn't originally a planned October release. It got delayed from May.

At this point, since we've heard so little, the game being pushed back to early 2019 wouldn't be a surprise imo.

15. Havok83

Same here. People seem to forget but Sony doesnt need SM this fall. They can easily delay it and it not affect them bc their fall is already packed. Destiny 2's major expansion, CoD, RDR2....Sony has marketing deal with all 3 so they dont need to put their own published game there to compete in that space bc they are already covered. There is still Dreams and if its not an early September/late August game, thats going to be delayed to 2019. I have doubts on that bc they really need to get a beta going soon to iron out kinks since thats so heavily depended on user generated content

16. spiderman2

The fact we have seen so little is why I have been saying for a while that I think the game will be late 2018 and not like summer or something and the fact that before we got a date for like GOW it was being said early 2018 were Spider-Man was just being said 2018 but I know some people were saying they were hopeful for like June/July so I was hoping I would be wrong about late 2018 and that it would be closer to that June/July.

17. Spider-Aziz

How does a November-December release feel?

18. Havok83

3 weeks post RDR2 is really the only slot they could conceivably release it then.

19. XtremelyBaneful

honestly I feel like it could come out much earlier than that, but who knows

20. Levsky

Levsky Well-Known Member

21. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

I don't know if this has been discussed, but various camera options would be nice. like if you want to try a closer camera to feel the swings and swoops just a bit more. the gameplay on that gif looks like it's not the gameplay camera set up, but it looks really cool and could feel pretty nice to play that way sometimes

22. spiderman2

So I heard about that this morning but I am not sure I mean yesterday was the first day of spring so how is it saying any thing other then it being the first day of spring?

23. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Official from Funko, the Gamestop exclusive Spider-Man PS4 Pop bobblehead is out in April. https://www.funko.com/blog/article/coming-soon-gamestop-pop-games-spider-man-exclusive

[​IMG]

I read some people saying there was an exclusive God of War Pop that came out about 2 months before the game's release in May, and that was scheduled before the date was announced. So it might be possible we're gearing up for a release date confirmation in April for something in June or July.

24. spiderman2

Oh that is interesting.

25. Spider-Aziz

Time for a countdown to their announcement day. I hope your expectations or on the mark, or close to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.