Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Wow the costumes in this game are bad. With as many as there are, I cant believe there are only about 4-5 that I care about. I dont understand how Insomniac went about choosing the most random obscure looks and left out most of his popular iconic ones.

With that said the White Spider is the best one and quite grew on me. It really does look good

Wow the costumes in this game are bad. With as many as there are, I cant believe there are only about 4-5 that I care about. I dont understand how Insomniac went about choosing the most random obscure looks and left out most of his popular iconic ones.

With that said the White Spider is the best one and quite grew on me. It really does look good

Betcha the real good suits are the ones you pay extra as DLC for.

The Insomniac suit is definitely a more modernized version of the classic, just like the villains, and fits the game's design the best. I mainly alternate between that & the Classic, mixed with some Punk, Wrestler, Scarlet, Stark, and a little Iron, Homemade, Noir, 2009(s), Vintage Comic, Dark Suit and Spider Armors sprinkled in. Whoah.. I guess I'm fine with suit selection? :funny:

I just wish the Battle Damaged was more damaged (mask busted with hair and quarter of his face exposed). I'd be extremely happy if Superior & Future Foundation were eventually added. Actually, Superior with arms would've been great as the final suit he crafts.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the suit selection. I had like 10 favorites during my play time. Sure, the symbiote was missing, but they must be saving that for the sequel. I personally would have enjoyed inclusions of Ben Reilly, Bag Man and Captain Universe, but that's pretty much it.

I wanted the Iron Spider (Civil War), Ben Reilly, Future Foundation, Symbiote, Superior, Scarlet Spider (Kain). I fully expected Miles' Ultimate look but I see them saving that for the sequel. Overall disappointed

Not counting the classic and Insomniac suit, the only ones I enjoyed using regularly are the Scarlet Spider, Homecoming, Last Stand and Dark Suit.

I love the suits. A few of them are meh and I rarely used them. But the idea of mixing and matching suits with abilities was great (with the Iron Spider legs as the exception, since it looks strange on any other suit).

Some of the suits I want to see in the future:

Symbiote
Spider-Man Unlimited
Sam Raimi suits
Classic Iron-Spider
Future Foundation
Amazing Bag Man
Classic Ditko suit with webbed armpits
Miles Morales USM version
Cosmic Spider-Man

There are others, but this is all I could think of right now.

If we get the Goblin in a future film, what do you think they will do with the character? An updated 616 design, a mutated Ultimate version, or a fusion of the two?

The only suits I used were the Classic, Homecoming, Scarlet Spider and Mk III armor (with iron spider legs).

I can't stand the Insomniac suit. It's just a combination of the Ben Reily and ASM movie suit, with some out of place white parts slapped on top. The white parts clash, and over complicate the suit, throwing off the color balance. He has the same 'ballerina' slippers that were universally despised in the ASM movie. I doubt this suit will stand the test of time.

Further more, the insomniac suit for me represents the worst aspect of the game. Change for the sake of change. I wish Insomniac were less concerned with 'putting their footprint' on the Spider-man mythos and more concerned with representing the classic 616 universe. Like the PS1 game.

I thought the Advanced Suit looked cool, and I especially enjoyed the reason for Peter creating it. And the same goes for
the Anti-Ock suit.

I don't mind the Advanced suit...

since they clearly had a reason for it and are laying the foundation for the symbiote suit. I wouldn't even be surprised if they go back to his classic suit, or give him yet another tweaked look, after the symbiote took over and consumed his suit.

The suit list is disappointing at the moment. We'll see what the DLC adds. But...there's only like 6 suits that I use. Maybe 7. The rest are not desirable imo. The ghost spider suit is lame, the ANAD suits are crap and really only remind me of some of the worst writing/stories in Spidey's history. The undies suit...seriously? I get the potential reasoning for not including the symbiote suit as it's being saved for a sequel. And you can't please everyone but some of these suit choices are garbage compared to what they could have used. Again, just my opinion.

Btw, I haven't seen this discussed on here yet but...what suit mods does everyone prefer?

Btw, I haven't seen this discussed on here yet but...what suit mods does everyone prefer?

I can't remember their names. But the 3 I always used were:

Keeping combo after being hit
Web attacks generate bonus focus
Enemy melee attacks do less damage.

I know people were pumped about playing as Peter when that was announced but I didnt like that idea nad the game didnt sell me. The parts where you arent Spider-Man are the worst parts of the game. I felt like most of Peter's segments would have been better as cutscenes. I guess they provided some lore building through the interaction of the objects but walking around looking for people to talk to wasnt fun.

Speaking of which, I didnt care for the MJ segments either. I only liked the last one where she got the stun gun and could do more than just stealth around. If they include her in the sequel, Id love to see her do more investigating through puzzle mechanics and using the environment to gather clues. I did like what they were going for in not making her a damsel in distress. It was interesting playing levels from her perspective with Spider-Man there bc it did provide something new. I LOVED her relationship with Peter in this game. They made for a good couple

I had a feeling
Miles would be playable but didnt expect it so early on nor what they gave him. Didnt like his segments either

What I loved about this game was Peter and how he was portrayed. My favorite version of Spidey is post-college and Im so glad this game didnt go for yet another teen version bc Ive gotten sick of those in recent years from other forms of media. Insomniac nailed it in terms of traversal and feel and while it didnt grab me at first, it felt very natural by the end of the game. Combat was awesome. I loved how many different sidequests and stuff there is to do around the city and while it is repetitive, it didnt feel that way to me bc they are so varied and Im not literally doing the same thing back to back bc theres so much other stuff to break things up

Can you replay missions at all? I wish I had made a save right before the raft mission bc that is hands down the best segment of the game.

I love this game and love that I got it digitally as this one I will gladly keep coming back to it as its permanently on my PS4 HDD

Can you replay missions at all? I wish I had made a save right before the raft mission bc that is hands down the best segment of the game.

I love this game and love that I got it digitally as this one I will gladly keep coming back to it as its permanently on my PS4 HDD
They've been working on adding a new game + feature for a while now. If it'll have features like just replaying specific missions that'd be cool. Otherwise I'm waiting for that to be added to play the story again with all the upgrades and stuff.

I'm satisfied with the suit selection. I used all of them and plan to do it again with most of them. The Homemade suit is kinda boring, the Spirit one is just weird but I appreciate the novelty and the naked one just sucks. It's the only one I don't like. I can't stand to even look at it.
The Mark IV Spider-Armor is probably my favorite. He looks fantastic on it.
Velocity suit inside a dark warehouse is my favorite.
Loving these photos from you guys. Absolutely brilliant.
Thanks, guys. I'm loving the creativity with these photos as well.
It's work with
Otto and Norman especially are fantastic. They're my two favorite Spidey villains and I really love the character's they're building up. I'm really excited to see how the build upon Norman in the sequel, a lot of potential for great tragedy. I kind of hope they save him for a third game.
I can wait for the third game to have Venom, but not
Goblin. I really wanted him to be the main villain for this game. I love what we got with Ock but I really hope now that Green Goblin is the main baddie of the next game.

I am using:

• Kinetic Power Cells
Increases the rate Focus generates.

• Discharge Power Cells
Perfect dodge temporarily increases damage.

• Full Charge Capacitors
Increases damage when your health is over 100.

Speaking of suits, I'm glad you don't have to exit game, switch, then load game again like in Arkham whenever you want to switch suits.

With so many suits I like using, being able to switch on the fly with no loading time is a feature I don't take for granted.

Early on, my suit mods were Focus based. Now that my Spider-man is overpowered, I go for the weakest & practical like melee defense types or gadget refill stuff for the fun aspect. The less I see of his Finishers, the better. 6-8 Finishers per fight is too much, I don't want to get sick of the animations.

I believe they have an update for the game 1.06. New photo filters and more.

Speaking of suits, I'm glad you don't have to exit game, switch, then load game again like in Arkham whenever you want to switch suits.

With so many suits I like using, being able to switch on the fly with no loading time is a feature I don't take for granted.
Oh yeah, it imported that nice function from Ultimate Spider-Man, without exiting tasks this time.

Finally an exposure setting in photo mode, that'll be extremely helpful with screenshots.

Lack of Raimi suit surprised me, but it's bound to be a DLC, maybe it comes with the next story pack or something

You reckon? I hate to say it but to a lot of people they’ve forgotten the raimi suit.

Maybe they’re still going to put in Japanese Spider-Man as dlc? Has anyone actually purchased the city that never sleeps dlc? I’m not sure I want to get it since the new levels don’t come out til October onwards

Man, it took me way too long to beat this combat challenge unscathed. ='D But it's also my fault for limiting myself to only 2 gadgets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"