The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chances of it not working is slim to none. The problem rate officially reported has been a .4%. It would be highly unlikely that it would "not" have worked.
I know, and I told that to my brother too, but he just wanted to be on the safe side just in case.

Plus, ....... I really wanted to unbox it. :ninja:

Yeah, I felt kinda bad when I was putting it back in the box because I did a sloppy job with all the plastic and wires. But at the same time, it would really suck for him to wake up on Christmas morning to find that the system doesn't even work.

So you didn't get it with two day shipping?

That's the problem I had last weekend when I noticed that mine wasn't supposed to arrive until next Friday because I chose Free Super Shipping. I had to change it to Two Day, which turned out to be free with Prime, to make sure it came last night. And I was really worried because my carrier is usually UPS and they were showing up at early parts of the day all week to deliver some other stuff I ordered. Luckily they came last night when someone was home or else I would have had to wait until Monday.
Its cool; I can wait. I have a party to go to soon, some work tomorrow and trying to get some KZ2 in before it arrives. It just sucks not being apart of the conversation and seeing people get theirs across the net. My friend has one so I might get some time with it tonight

So what's the deal with having to install games? Are there required mandatory installs for every game? Or is it just to improve load times or something?

The PS4 installs every game, it is mandatory. But it does it while you play the game.

We can now sign in to different accounts at the same time and so does that mean we can play any game in multiplayer with someone else on the same system?

Like for example if I were to sign in and my wife does too on her account then can we play Battlefield 4 online together?

Well that sucks but I expected it,so signing in at the same time ain't that special then

Well it would be such a strain on the processor....and I don't know where....you can sign on with two people on the same system. But even still to pretty much run two games at once does not make much sense.

Well there are games where people can join online from the same console like in the Call of Duty and Little Big Planet ones,I'm not saying I want two different games at once but just think it would be could to have that feature for all or most games

I dunno some allow split screen at the same time. I dunno if any games on the PS4 have done that yet.

Yeah Little Big Planet is one screen while COd is split screen

so how's everyone enjoying their PS4s so far?

I'm enjoying mine quite a bit. Aside from the usual launch day woes, it's been great.

Loving mine, haven't had to deal with any of the launch day problems or glitches etc people dealt with. Been playing my games on and offline non stop. Set up my console fully and psn, it's so smooth and runs great, I'm in love :)

Is setting everything up easier&faster?,I remember taking a bit on PS3 and seemed a bit complicated.

I also hope I can finally change my e-mail,Could never use my Microsoft email and have to use an old yahoo one

Really enjoying mine so far. Everything is running relatively smoothly since I struggled to log into PSN yesterday. Killzone multiplayer works great. I finished a Rookie playthrough of Resogun. NFS is awesome. DCUO is much smoother than on the PS3.

I have yet to connect to a BF4 game, though. I know EA is trying to pin this on Sony's firmware update, but BF4 is having problems on every platform. Hopefully they can iron it out soon. I'm also a little weary of starting the single player because it's been known to crash and corrupt save files.

I may hold off on starting Assassin's Creed until they release the 1080p patch.

Really enjoying mine so far. Everything is running relatively smoothly since I struggled to log into PSN yesterday. Killzone multiplayer works great. I finished a Rookie playthrough of Resogun. NFS is awesome. DCUO is much smoother than on the PS3.

I have yet to connect to a BF4 game, though. I know EA is trying to pin this on Sony's firmware update, but BF4 is having problems on every platform. Hopefully they can iron it out soon. I'm also a little weary of starting the single player because it's been known to crash and corrupt save files.

Have you tried Quick Match on BF4?,On PS3 if I search for any game type it shows 0/20 or something like that but then if if I go into Quick Match and choose the type of mode I want it'll work and start the next round with no problem but then under history it'll say 0/20 and so I have to keep doing quick ones

Yeah, I'm sitting on all of my various Battlefield promo codes because I'm afraid they'll be nullified if my data gets corrupted. (again)

Not telling you what to do, but AC looks pretty great as is.

Not telling you what to do, but AC looks pretty great as is.

They said it would be "soon" so hopefully that means soon. I have plenty to keep me busy until then.

I'll probably finish up the Killzone single player tomorrow.

Ya KZ's MP is working fine, it's pretty fun.

But ya BF4 is still down, and it angers me because EA is trying to blame everyone else, when this problem has been there with other versions as well. They need to get on this because it was some reports are saying the top selling game for the PS4. People want that next gen MP battle going on with 66 players.

But KZ has some fun MP fun for a quick match here and there.

Is PSN still partially down? I can play online but the "What's New" section has been blank for me for awhile now

So annoying. My Amazon status STILL says Preparing Shipment, which is what it said like 3 days ago. My Killzone shipments both proceeded to that stage at that same time, yet they arrived this morning and my PS3 is still in the warehouse :(

Yeah, gotta love that free shipping! Mine still says preparing shipment too, my KZ and AC order say the same. I don't mind as I won't get to play the console until next Monday anyhow but I really need the games shipped before Saturday because my school's post office is closed on Saturday.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4...eviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8

Take a look at all of the bad reviews for the PS4...Sounds like amazon shipped them broken or something

Gulp, I've been hearing a lot of that and ignoring it as much as possible as mine is ordered from Amazon. Positive thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"