The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say only issue so far is the controller has a surprisingly short battery life. After about a little over a day of it not being plugged in it ran out of juice in the middle of a MP match.

Is the USB cord to charge the controller the same length as the ps3's?

I've seen a lot of complaints about the battery life, but it seems fine to me.

I might just be used to the horrible 3DS battery life though.

Got my PS4 today,Love how smooth everything runs and I'm really enjoying the Killzone MP.:up:

PS4 has sold through over 1 million units within 24 hours of the launch in North America!!! :D

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/402014678244524032

TOKYO, Nov. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the highly anticipated launch of the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system resulted in 1 million units sold through during the first 24 hours after it became available on November 15, 2013 in the United States and Canada.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20020701/SFM066LOGO)

"PS4™ was designed with an unwavering commitment to gamers, and we are thrilled that consumer reaction has been so phenomenal," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. "Sales remain very strong in North America, and we expect continued enthusiasm as we launch the PlayStation 4 in Europe and Latin America on November 29. We are extremely grateful for the passion of PlayStation fans and thank them for their continued support."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...s-in-north-america-in-24-hours-232248401.html

Interesting they gave the 'sold through' numbers instead of the shipped.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter. The system pretty much sold out months ago. Consoles shipped = consoles sold

People on the IGN messageboards were all like "so wut they sold them to stores not end user consumers" and so a Sony President had to correct them. Usually when numbers are given out for anything it's the number sold to stores and not to customers (I hate the word consumer and want to stop using it lol).

It's like the boxoffice numbers. Ticket sales would be a more interesting number to me but they give the boxoffice numbers.

People on the IGN messageboards were all like "so wut they sold them to stores not end user consumers" and so a Sony President had to correct them. Usually when numbers are given out for anything it's the number sold to stores and not to customers (I hate the word consumer and want to stop using it lol).

It's like the boxoffice numbers. Ticket sales would be a more interesting number to me but they give the boxoffice numbers.

In many cases it wouldn't matter but as mentioned the console sold out. Go to any retailer that sold the PS4 yesterday and you most likely wouldn't have found one bc they all sold the stock they received from Sony. In this case there doesn't need to be a distinction between shipped vs sold bc they equaled the same number. It's not like when the Wii U or Vita launched and several units remained untouched that week of release.

Anyways it looks like Sony is back on their way to the top. The PS4 sold more in 24 hours than previous consoles did in one month. Someone did a graph that's floating online

q2LUmYD.jpg

Last edited:
I'm planning to buy this on Novermber 29th when it gets released here in Europe. I don't have any Blu-Ray player yet so that is one reason to buy. Also can't wait to play Assassin't Creed IV. :)

I plan on buying after I am done with my fall semester at college after that it's goin to be three weeks of me and ps4

The chances of it not working is slim to none. The problem rate officially reported has been a .4%. It would be highly unlikely that it would "not" have worked.

I've heard the .4% failure rate as well.Which, to my understanding...is actually amazingly good. I'd heard that the average failure rate for newly released hardware (of any kind) was 3.0%. Now, it certainly sucks for the people that have gone through it. But, if the 0.4% is accurate...then it's nowhere near an epidemic. Not even close to the RROD.

It is, however, really weird to see so many Amazon customers making that amount of complaints about the PS4's they've received through Amazon.

Ya, someone made a good article about social media, and how many lies can spread with things like this. People can just easily post "it broke on me" etc and walk away. Without pictures or any proof. The PS4 is truly a stable thing, for the first 12 hours PSN was wonky, but now its fine.

The only thing that sucks is BF4, and EA messing around. Killzone, COD, and AC's MP is working just fine, but EA is having problems. I wish they fixed it it is the one game me and my friends want to play real bad with 64 people.

I'm actually really enjoying KZ so far. I don't get much of the complaints. Easily though the most breathtaking game, it is sure one to show off the next gen.

How does KZ match up against BF4, graphically?

Because I'm blown away by BF4.

I've heard the .4% failure rate as well.Which, to my understanding...is actually amazingly good. I'd heard that the average failure rate for newly released hardware (of any kind) was 3.0%. Now, it certainly sucks for the people that have gone through it. But, if the 0.4% is accurate...then it's nowhere near an epidemic. Not even close to the RROD.

It is, however, really weird to see so many Amazon customers making that amount of complaints about the PS4's they've received through Amazon.

The .4% number was released by Sony during the initial Taco Bell winner wave of PS4s, while just the Taco Bell winners and various review outlets had units. There hasn't been much talk of percentages since the full launch.

The issue with Amazon is, people are way more likely to rate something when it's bad. I mean, when was the last time you logged into Amazon to rate anything, let alone a 5 star? I've never rated anything on there.

I hope people give their systems adequate ventilation. I'm always facepalming when I see somebody store their console or their PC in a cabinet or shelf on an entertainment system with little to no airflow and ventilation because the door to the cabinet is closed or whatever. If you want to chance eventually brick your machines from heat, go right ahead. :dry:

How does KZ match up against BF4, graphically?

Because I'm blown away by BF4.

Both are wonderful, but KZ I'd say is more impressive. Very close but maybe with the artwork/sci-fi world of KZ it makes it flex its muscles more.

The .4% number was released by Sony during the initial Taco Bell winner wave of PS4s, while just the Taco Bell winners and various review outlets had units. There hasn't been much talk of percentages since the full launch.

The issue with Amazon is, people are way more likely to rate something when it's bad. I mean, when was the last time you logged into Amazon to rate anything, let alone a 5 star? I've never rated anything on there.

Oh no there is trolls with Amazon as well, especially in book areas. They exist. (But sorry yes I agree lol read your post wrong)

I guess that number is even lower since launch though, I was reading it somewhere from IGN. I'll have to look for it, some are saying now it's .02%.

Regardless there is not if any failures. A few as with any electronic device, but hardly none.

Last edited:
I watched some PS3 VS PS4 BF4 comparisons, extremely impressive. AC4 doesn't look too much better on PS4 though.

It probably does, and it adds small details like moving plants when you walk into them, but compared to the difference with BF4, I didn't think it was too much.

So is it true that PS4s from Amazon are bad? I ordered my PS4 from Amazon, but I won't be playing it till Christmas. I would like to know if there is a possibility of failure before Christmas Day.

It probably does, and it adds small details like moving plants when you walk into them, but compared to the difference with BF4, I didn't think it was too much.

So is it true that PS4s from Amazon are bad? I ordered my PS4 from Amazon, but I won't be playing it till Christmas. I would like to know if there is a possibility of failure before Christmas Day.

No, Amazon's specific stock is not bad. I and thousands of other people have fully functioning consoles bought from them. That said, it might be a good idea to test out your PS4 (turn it on, download the new firmware, etc.) when you get it, even if you're aren't going to fully use it for awhile. That way it can get taken care of ASAP if it needs to.

1,000,000 PS4 Units Sold in 24 Hours Give Much Needed Perspective to Reports of Bricked Consoles
Using Sony’s early estimate of 0.4% faulty PS4 units, we find out that there might be 4,000 bricked or otherwise malfunctioning consoles in the hands of the same number of rightfully dissatisfied customers in North America only.
If 30% of those customers take to the internet to present their complaints to the wide audience of social media (and 30% is a rather conservative estimate as well, given how accessible social media is for this kind of complaints, and the fact that gamers are normally very keen on sharing what happens to them with the rest of the web), we’re going to see 1,334 malfunction reports generated just by the first day of sales. And that’s a number destined to grow day by day as more consoles are sold.

That’s an enormous amount that, taken without the due perspective, would immediately prompt people to think that there has been some unmitigated production disaster of proportions comparable to the red ring of death.
Mind you, we can’t be sure that a problem isn’t there, but the current reports we have seen, compared with the perspective given by a million consoles sold, is definitely not nearly enough to prove or even indicate the existence of such a problem.

A 0.4% failure rate for the launch of a new consumer electronics product is entirely acceptable. Of course it’s still extremely annoying if you’re part of that small percentage, but it’s unfortunately the nature of the electronic beast, and that’s one of the reason why we have warranties. The true test for Sony now will be on how quickly and efficiently those warranties will be fulfilled.

Just got back from holiday & missed all the launch hype. :csad:

So did it meet everyone's expectations? I won't get to play on my mate's one for a couple of weeks at least.

0.4% failure rate is actually really good. If you flip it around and make it a positive it looks even better. Cause I'd much rather say they have a 99.6% success rate. Yeah, I'll take that any day of the week.

Hey guys I was looking for some people to add on my PS4!My PSN name is Davenmaru. Anyone want to post theirs PSN I will add ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"