The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man Reboot Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wth? I didn't tell you to stop. I was asking why. You really need to calm down, man.

But you jump all over me any instance you can, even when it's not called for, as I pointed out just now.

Just not cool, it's getting old, and I don't appreciate it.

Last edited:
The Raimi suit HAD to be changed simply because it is associated with Raimis movies which like it or not are stale. They needed to catch peoples attention and let them know this is not a continuation of that trilogy. I think while the look is tough for purists to swallow they will quickly get used to it after seeing it in action. I assume it mostly wont be shot from the side. Also it's got MECHANICS so it already feels more like Spider-man to me!

When I saw Garfields suit, it really did look familiar and it wasn't until someone psoted a scan that I remembered it was from the short SPider-Man: With Great Power mini-series. I actually really liked that mini-series. However, I don't think they took the idea from the series. They could've, but it might just be coincidence.

The design is 98% similar to that of WGP, so I think it was intentional. Whether they were looking for the 1st costume they'd find to just make a departure from the original design... well, it remains to be seen.

Wth? I didn't tell you to stop. I was asking why. You really need to calm down, man.

But you jump all over me any instance you can, even when it's not called for, as I pointed out just now.

That was a part of the Raimi flick I really liked. He made New York a character.
Again I have read Spider-man for a long time and the stories have been whimsical and lighthearted...yes some stories have been dark but those have been few and far between.

WTF is it with the random posting of nonsense? Nothing like being over dramatic, eh? This place has become a joke.

Because I'm tired of every time I post something I get attacked by Roach, SpiderManHero12, and Severus Snape.

It's quite uncalled for.

©KAW;19563523 said:
It's simple, the elements of dark and serious elements should lie with the super-powered villain. Everything else should play in a normal manner (meaning there shouldn't be a Chinese woman singing the 60s Spidey theme) a more serious tone that surrounds Peter/Spidey is needed, yet, still make room for ONLY Peter/Spidey to bring the banter. When the tone is too whimsical, light-hearted and childish, it's hard to go back and forth to a serious villain, who's an actual serious threat in a non-cartoonish way.

quick name me three dark/serious spiderman stories.....stories that had no humor or comedy whatsoever...and i'll give you one
Kraven's Last Hunt

No, I don't. I only do it when you are acting biased or trolling. Heck, even then I sometimes don't. Whatever though.

WTF is it with the random posting of nonsense? Nothing like being over dramatic, eh? This place has become a joke.

Because people are tired of the endless bickering over Raimi and Webb...so until there is any costume news we'll have fun

Because I'm tired of every time I post something I get attacked by Roach, SpiderManHero12, and Severus Snape.

It's quite uncalled for.

Your posts weren't the ones I was meaning. You said you didn't like Tobey's take on Peter, which is well within your right to do so, and then came the 'Tobey Maguire sunk teh Titanic tEol' posts--utterly redundent and condescending to your opinion. People can't just agree to differ anymore.

Because people are tired of the endless bickering over Raimi and Webb...so until there is any costume news we'll have fun
Exactly, And that's the main problem with this forum. Instead of discussing the film itself, we're getting wars about which was better, which is stupid considering all we have about Webb's is a couple of set pictures and an official photo, while we have a whole trilogy from Raimi. People should just wait until we atleast get a trailer.

Your posts weren't the ones I was meaning. You said you didn't like Tobey's take on Peter, which is well within your right to do so, and then came the 'Tobey Maguire sunk teh Titanic tEol' posts--utterly redundent and condescending to your opinion. People can't just agree to differ anymore.

that actually wasnt in response to him
if he or you feel that was a personal attack then I apologize as that wasnt my intent

Thank you. And nothing about my post was enticing. I merely was in agreeance to a previous post, yet time to demean my opinion and mock me.

Quite wonderful.

I'm done. But I'm definately remebering it.

Thank you. And nothing about my post was enticing. I merely was in agreeance to a previous post, yet time to demean my opinion and mock me.
It's perfectly fine that you disagree. There's no problem with that, but don't forget how you bashed us and our opinions a few months ago. Trust me, I'm not bashing your opinion, I just disagree.

We really should get back on topic though.

that actually wasnt in response to him
if he or you feel that was a personal attack then I apologize as that wasnt my intent

Yeh, no worries. I'm sorry too. I did think that, but it wasn't the only thing on my mind at the time. I used it as an example of how some are responding lately.

Again, I'm sorry for taking it the wrong way.

It's perfectly fine that you disagree. There's no problem with that, but don't forget how you bashed us and our opinions a few months ago. Trust me, I'm not bashing your opinion, I just disagree.

We really should get back on topic though.

There's a topic? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back