The Amazing Spider-Man Next 'Spider-Man' film will be a gritty, contemporary reboot of the franchise

I'm glad they're scrapping the sam raimi led spiderman movies.
From casting tobey as parker to making the goblin look like a total power ranger, i'm glad sam is finally out. It's almost unbelievable that he was interested in having the freaking vulture in sm4...the freaking VULTURE!! :cmad::cmad:

On top of that he absolutely ruined venom . Seriously topher freaking grace? That little guy was the total opposite of what brock supposed to look like. :cmad:

In this upcoming reboot i hope they try to take some things from the spiderman: animated series. That spiderman cartoon from the 90's. I would be thrilled if they do.

What if Marvel decides to use Spiderman to go after the 'Twilight' money?

What I mean is to re-shape the Spiderman mythos to fit the mythos and structure of the recent Twilight films in order to try and cash in on the success those films generate?

Example:

Mary Jane Watson is the new girl in high school. She becomes attracted to Peter Parker, a brooding, distant, loner who everyone says is weird. In trying to become closer to him, she discovers who he truly is - the masked vigilante Spiderman! Peter tries to explain that she shouldn't be with him, that he's dangerous to be around and the people he loves get hurt - or worse (flashback to Uncle Ben being shot). She falls in love with Peter and is drawn into his world of super powers and super villians as Peter tries to keep her safe.

In the sequel? She is injured during a fight with The Rhino and Peter leaves her in order to protect her, blaming himself and saying the life he chose does not allow for romance. With Peter gone? She begins to fall for Harry Osborn, who she doesn't even realize is a super villian.

What do you any of you think? Possible?

This has got to be a joke.

I wouldn't mind a spider-man twilight copy, as long as we get to see spidey eat a baby out of MJ at some point.

Spider-Man should be Spider-Man. Not a Batman wannabe.

If Michael Bay got the job like the article suggests, it would be tragic on the one hand that we would be moving further than ever from what makes Spidey work on the page (though not necessarily on screen). Yet, it would be ironically hilarious for all the fans wallowing in fanboy criticism glee at the moment.

Gritty? GRITTY!

SPIDER-MAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GRITTY! That worked for Batman because it's BATMAN. Spider-man is not Batman. Hell, he's not even DC. I don't see a dark Spider-man film as good move.

jeez Michael Bay is in the running we're fu**ed.

Also a more grittier teenage Spider-Man???? is flash going to beat the sh** out of him every day till he gets his powers? How does a grittier movie work for a fun character?

Actually, you're probably not wrong.

Maybe the climax of this film is Peter Parker being bit by the radioactive spider.

And if it's done by Michael Bay, we'll get to see it in 10 different angles. :o

If Sony considered Raimi nothing more than just a hired gun (and the proof of that is pretty much SM 3) whoever directs the next movie will be either similarly constrained or, assuming it's someone like Bay, will deliver the kind of paint by numbers flick that irrespective of tone draws money.

Actually, you're probably not wrong.

Maybe the climax of this film is Peter Parker being bit by the radioactive spider.

And if it's done by Michael Bay, we'll get to see it in 10 different angles. :o

And if it was done by Raimi he would just pretend none of that actually happened by the third film. He'd change the story around so he can connect every single villain to Peter. At least Michael Bay wouldn't actually go back and ruin a good movie he made with a new one.

And if it was done by Raimi he would just pretend none of that actually happened by the third film. He'd change the story around so he can connect every single villain to Peter. At least Michael Bay wouldn't actually go back and ruin a good movie he made with a new one.

no, he'd just make a buncha lame-ass sex jokes, megan fox, stoner jokes, and megan fox. All the while being played to a score by Jablonsky and having destruction in the background.

When they say Peter will be facing "today's issues", I hope he's not affected by the economy, Uncle Ben dies because he doesn't have health coverage, and Osborne is funding military convoys towards the war in the Middle East. :p

Dark and gritty? Michael Bay INTERESTED?!?! :barf:

No, please, no, just no. :doh:

I don't mind Spider-Man being dark and gritty to a degree. But it also depends on the villain as well. When I think of dark and gritty villains in the comics and in possible film adaptations I do think of The Lizard, Vermin, Venom, Carnage, and even Kingpin to an extent.

Although if a gritty approach is what they're going for then take a villain like the Lizard and create it like that. But don't try to make it dark and gritty because films like The Dark Knight was able to do it. Batman is a dark character to begin with and while Spidey has some dark stories, it's not dark to the point to where it NEEDS to be gritty and dark.

the films do need to be darker than the comics are on average. the big events in his life have mostly been dark even in the early comics. ben's death, spider-man no more, harry on drug's, gwen's death. he was nearly always dealing with having to get aunt may some medicine or she'd die. and when he saved the day he'd be moping about something it cost him. and his most dangerous villians the ones films would be made about are no laughing matter in their defining moments either.

TDK rings all this grief for batman out of rachael's death. a character they had to make up for the movie. which beats spider-man to the punch of that level of serious consequence. which is annoying cos his book was the first to do that. and on top of that this leads to the creation of two face. where as in spider-man's comics you could say gwen's death lead to harry's break down aswell as the creation of the jackel.

If Michael Bay is interested, does that mean he'll be wearing "Radioactive F'n Spiders" t-shirts next?

Yes, because Bay ruined Transformers? How people just forgot about the Mission City incident in TF2? People don't remember giant alien robots battling eachother in a city with thousands of witnesses. :huh:

From casting tobey as parker to making the goblin look like a total power ranger, i'm glad sam is finally out. It's almost unbelievable that he was interested in having the freaking vulture in sm4...the freaking VULTURE!! :cmad::cmad:

On top of that he absolutely ruined venom . Seriously topher freaking grace? That little guy was the total opposite of what brock supposed to look like. :cmad:

What is this, the formula to a typical bash Raimi's Spider-Man post? Say the Goblin costume looked like a Power Ranger, he ruined Venom and cast someone not big enough, blah blah blah, etc. People aren't even original with their insults anymore :o

In this upcoming reboot i hope they try to take some things from the spiderman: animated series. That spiderman cartoon from the 90's. I would be thrilled if they do.

Funny, because the scene where Peter first gets the black suit, it is EXACTLY frame for frame like the animated series episode with Venom.

I totally agree that the film shouldn't be "dark and gritty". Spider-Man is not Batman. There can be some dark moments, sure, but the Spider-Man stories are supposed to be colorful and fun. Spider-Man cannot be exactly like Batman, or else this film will fail. Sony needs to be careful here. A faithful adaptation doesn't necessarily mean "as dark as you can make it".

down to every detail

- A cast that wears the same clothes every movie
- overly muscular 30 something looking males
- recap of recycled movie footage
- laser guns instead of bullets

:awesome:

I get what you're saying though, it will be interesting to see what direction they will take it. I'm inclined to think that they will lean towards the Spectacular Spider-Man Animated as the 90's Animated is outdated as it took place Pre-Ultimate universe.

I do strongly disagree with you on Venom though, not a good character, and I grew up at the height of his fame. Maximum Carnage was the Spider-Man story written for my generation of reader. I stopped reading in the middle of the Clone Saga and have just been keeping up with the story lines and history. Got to say, issues 40-200 (best writing in the entire series). A lot of what inspired Raimi was in those stories, which is why I love the Raimi trilogy so.

I hope Marc Webb can make the franchise proud. It should be okay if he is inspired by USM 1-100. Very good rehash of the early spidey arcs.

down to every detail

- A cast that wears the same clothes every movie
- overly muscular 30 something looking males
- recap of recycled movie footage
- laser guns instead of bullets

:awesome:

Anyone notice that Raimi's movies reused footage or atleast cgi animations?

Anyone notice that Raimi's movies reused footage or atleast cgi animations?

I have. Awful. But very much in the vein of the 1970's TV series. :woot:

Oh, and in every movie Spidey has to rescue falling women and all those scenes look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"