The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man Reboot Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't fun. It's bullsh**. People are tired over the bickering? You're adding to it. And you're right: People, me included, are completely sick of the children on the boards throwing their toys out of their prams. You should all accept each other's right to have differing opinions and just fork with all the bullsh**. Back and forth all f***ing day long with no outcome other than boring the rest of us stupid with constant b***hing about someone not agreeing with you.

Tedious? Very.

again I apologize but if you go back to the pages yesterday where people were posting videos of Spider-man that that I was talking about. No one was belittling anyone's ideas or opinions.

Yeh, no worries. I'm sorry too. I did think that, but it wasn't the only thing on my mind at the time. I used it as an example of how some are responding lately.

Again, I'm sorry for taking it the wrong way.

Yesterday I got tired of the bickering and started posting Spider-man videos...cartoons video games tv shows and everyone loved it for the diversion it was. I want this thread to be fun. I want people to remember that they love Spider-man and not just Raimi's vision or the tv shows or the cartoon or comics.

It just seems as though ever sicne S-M4 was cancelled the bashing of opinions has gone full throttle and it's just so annyoing. I just wish we could agree to disagree.

again I apologize but if you go back to the pages yesterday where people were posting videos of Spider-man that that I was talking about. No one was belittling anyone's ideas or opinions.

Caught me before the edit, eh? :o

Sorry again. I have misunderstood you. I still believe what I said but it's clear to me now I was saying it to the wrong person and I apologise.

We should make a 'sorry' thread and make ImortalFire stand by the door to give hugs.

Yesterday I got tired of the bickering and started posting Spider-man videos...cartoons video games tv shows and everyone loved it for the diversion it was. I want this thread to be fun. I want people to remember that they love Spider-man and not just Raimi's vision or the tv shows or the cartoon or comics.
Agreed. I'm just so sick of being bashed on for being a fan of Raimi's interpretation. We all love the comics, and there is different interpretations out there, so why can't we like other interpreatations as well? People like USM, but don't get called names.

I'm going to try to remotely get back on topic here, at least Spider-Man.

The song "Freedom Fighters" by Two Steps From Hell, it was the trailer music for Star Trek 2009, I think it would be wonderfull trailer music for the reboot teaser.

What do you think? Can't post a vid at work....

Caught me before the edit, eh? :o

Sorry again. I have misunderstood you. I still believe what I said but it's clear to me now I was saying it to the wrong person and I apologise.

We should make a 'sorry' thread and make ImortalFire stand by the door to give hugs.

no problem we are still kool

honestly this thread has be good for me...I dropped Marvel and comics over the whole OMIT thing and I think I may give Spider-man a chance

I have the day off work and decided to watch some films. As I write this Spider-Man's credits are rolling with the 60's theme blaring from my 5.1 :awesome:

It just seems as though ever sicne S-M4 was cancelled the bashing of opinions has gone full throttle and it's just so annyoing. I just wish we could agree to disagree.

It's been winding me up and then I end up snapping at the wrong person :csad: I do come here for fun. You know me--I hardly ever make a serious post, but the last few days on here have been a real drag.

quick name me three dark/serious spiderman stories.....stories that had no humor or comedy whatsoever...and i'll give you one
Kraven's Last Hunt
You've totally missed my point. Serious in terms of subject matter. Like talking about the Green Goblin who just killed four or five members of Oscorp. This should have been the topic at The Bugle. Instead, we get Green Meanie and Christmas Meat type jokes, and Raimi's guitared little brother. It's stuff like this that takes the quality right out of the films for me.

©KAW;19563798 said:
You've totally missed my point. Serious in terms of subject matter. Like talking about the Green Goblin who just killed four or five members of Oscorp. This should have been the topic at The Bugle. Instead, we get Green Meanie and Christmas Meat type jokes, and Raimi's guitared little brother. It's stuff like this that takes the quality right out of the films for me.

I liked those things...JJJ in the Raimi movies was perfect
I just never saw Spider-man as a serious superhero...he had his moments but he has been lighthearted IMO

©KAW;19563798 said:

C'mon, having characters sitting around telling us about something we have already just seen? We can just assume they have spoken about all that before the issue went to press, what on Earth is the point of having a scene where JJJ and Robbie are saying "Who is he?? Where does he get his equipment? What does he want with Osborne industries?' (edit:Ok, that is fine for some throwaway lines, but not necessary.)
Whereas, with the lines you are quoting, there is a point to them, the 'Green Meanie' establishes how the Goblin got his name, and in fact names him right there, and the Christmas meat joke moment establishes, esp for new to the universe viewers, important aspects of JJ and PP's relationship, that JJ is a meanie himself when it comes to money, he only wants Pete to be freelance, and that he pushes Parker around.
edit: they put that in the form of a joke, because Jameson is a big character, and they don't want a dry , boring scene, the CM line is probably my fav Jameson gag for that reason, funny the way he delivers it, and informs us of the relationship between the characters. In turn, I didn't like the pill/headline gags from SM3, those were not very funny gags just for the sake of gags.
but i liked the ones from SM2, 'two old geezers playing chess..', 'Doc Ock' 'genius', because again, they served a purpose, naming Doc Ock, and showing how Pete is tired of selling photos to the paper that are being used against him in a smear campaign.

Last edited:
J. Jonah Jameson was comic relief in the comics as well. Just look at his name for crying out loud.

I liked those things...JJJ in the Raimi movies was perfect
I just never saw Spider-man as a serious superhero...he had his moments but he has been lighthearted IMO
You can have both if you execute it right. In this case, it wasn't, and we got a comic relief character who was annoyingly funnier than Spider-Man. How are we going to take the villains seriously, if they're being made into a joke at The Bugle, even when they kill innocent people?

again what was mentioned before in this thread...the method that introduced you to Spiderman affects how you see him. If you watched the cartoon then you have a different view then people who read the books

I can't believe how derailed some of this has gotten lol. Here's my take on the costume /suit:

Initially I really didn't like it. The set pictures have made me like it less. However, seeing the inarguable similarities to the wrestling suit in With Great Power, I've become a lot more comfortable with it. It makes sense that they will refocus on the entire origin (similar to Batman Begins), to initially distinguish it from the previous franchise, especially considering so little time has passed and we're already gettin a reboot.

I think it's very likely (based on speculation, but more importantly logic), that this is his wrestling suit. That doesn't mean we will see a Raimi-like costume even in this movie (we might, who knows), but assuming there are multiple movies made, I'm sure we'll see a more faithful depiction eventually. Regardless, I'm just happy the design came from SOME comic, rather than just going with a completely original design (doesn't make me like this design any better, but at least it's faithful to some kind of source).

I really don't like the silver on the boots, but whatever. I'm pretty confident the silver is part of the design, and not just "part of the stunt suit." Granted it's the stunt guy and the stunt suit, but why bother putting silver on the stunt suit if it won't on the actual design of this costume? Doesn't make sense.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily believe this, just playing devil's advocate.
If the set pics are showing him running instead of swinging, some feel he is out of web fluid? It's also possible (see disclaimer) that if this is early in the film with his original wrestling suit, maybe the webshooters we are seeing aren't actually functional. They could be part of the showmanship for wrestling (maybe to shoot some kind of webbing during his entrance or something, but offer no real usefulness). Point is, we don't know know anything one way or another, so let's not go crazy till we have more information.

©KAW;19563865 said:
You can have both if you execute it right. In this case, it wasn't, and we got a comic relief character who was annoyingly funnier than Spider-Man. How are we going to take the villains seriously, if they're being made into a joke at The Bugle, even when they kill innocent people?

yeah that is a problem everyone had. I mean if it wasnt for that Spider-man might have made 821.71 million world wide, became the 3rd highest grossing movie in 2002 and become the most successful comic book movie of its time.....they should fix that if they want to make money

C'mon, having characters sitting around telling us about something we have already just seen? We can just assume they have spoken about all that before the issue went to press, what on Earth is the point of having a scene where JJJ and Robbie are saying "Who is he?? Where does he get his equipment? What does he want with Osborne industries?' (edit:Ok, that is fine for some throwaway lines, but not necessary.)
Whereas, with the lines you are quoting, there is a point to them, the 'Green Meanie' establishes how the Goblin got his name, and in fact names him right there, and the Christmas meat joke moment establishes, esp for new to the universe viewers, important aspects of JJ and PP's relationship, that JJ is a meanie himself when it comes to money, he only wants Pete to be freelance, and that he pushes Parker around.
edit: they put that in the form of a joke, because Jameson is a big character, and they don't want a dry , boring scene, the CM line is probably my fav Jameson gag for that reason, funny the way he delivers it, and informs us of the relationship between the characters. In turn, I didn't like the pill/headline gags from SM3, those were not very funny gags just for the sake of gags.
but i liked the ones from SM2, 'two old geezers playing chess..', 'Doc Ock' 'genius', because again, they served a purpose, naming Doc Ock, and showing how Pete is tired of selling photos to the paper that are being used against him in a smear campaign.

theres some validity to that though. if your villian does something nasty and the next scene youre joking about it, youve just trivialized him.

remeinds me of kungfu panda where the master is dying at the hands of the villain, and they make abnother fat joke. destroys any emotional gravitas.

Yeah, this is true, two of my fav Spider-man issues are 'I cover the Waterfront' and the one where Jameson flashes back to his early cub reporter days, when he trying to escape from captivity by the Chameleon. the reason I liked them was because they took Jameson seriously all through the story for a change, without any comic relief at all.
He did have lots of serious moments in the books, but they were almost always peppered with gags or his trademark meaness with money, inability to give a compliment etc, which were traits that were meant to make you chuckle.

theres some validity to that though. if your villian does something nasty and the next scene youre joking about it, youve just trivialized him.

remeinds me of kungfu panda where the master is dying at the hands of the villain, and they make abnother fat joke. destroys any emotional gravitas.

what we have here is a perfect example of the rollercoaster method of summer blockbuster writing....when you have a serious scene where there is death then the next scene must be lighter to ease the audience...unless you are trying to do a depressing movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"