World Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Superhero Rewind | Spider-Man The Animated Series Top 10 Part 1
[YT]epq5sJlgdmk[/YT]

Superhero Rewind | Top Ten Spider-Man Animated Episodes Part 2
[YT]_pIRdR7HpQI[/YT]

It's a cool episode.
I think 50 minutes for a video is way too long.

It's a cool episode.
I think 50 minutes for a video is way too long.

Captain Logan really likes to go in depth, he's great! :woot: Geekvolution's a fun channel, what got me into them is their Spawn Year series. He's forced to review a Spawn comic every day for a year and the whole journey mirrors Spawn's and becomes as convoluted as the comic, it's just a lotta fun and helped me learn a lot of stuff I didn't need to know about Spawn.

Captain Logan really likes to go in depth, he's great! :woot: Geekvolution's a fun channel, what got me into them is their Spawn Year series. He's forced to review a Spawn comic every day for a year and the whole journey mirrors Spawn's and becomes as convoluted as the comic, it's just a lotta fun and helped me learn a lot of stuff I didn't need to know about Spawn.
:hehe:
I saw maybe 1 or 2 of his Spawn videos before giving up on that series.

I used to watch geekvolution all the time like 7 or 8 years ago lol.

I actually enjoy the Spot episode. It sets up basically the whole rest of the show and has a pretty good plot.

wow these commercials

i'm sorry but the marketing company has gone overboard

^ I still have it. Not an easy game to finish.

I hate that game, I'd rather play the Amazing Spider-Man: Deadly Foes instead.

If I'm to make my top 10 episodes list, it's more than likely to be one without guest stars, cause the show took cues from Chris Claremont's strange habit of making Spider-Man unconscious or trapped for a while in his take on that series, though he did well in respecting the character's strength. Speaking of that scribe, I think the X-Men episodes might be honorable mentions.

Here is my attempt at making top 10 episodes, in no specific order:
  1. Doctor Octopus: Armed and Dangerous: This is one of those handful of episodes that have a film like quality when it comes to animation. The take of making Otto Octavius a bitter vengeful man who taught Peter Parker in a science camp when he was a child is interesting for a short story and I really liked how well it was handled. Too bad they took a dump on the character after the Insidious Six arc.
  2. The Hobgoblin (parts 1 & 2): Making the character a henchman working for Norman Osborn to take out the Kingpin to relieve himself of the big man taking hold of his company is interesting, and it led to some great stuff with the character down the line, leading to a cool fight between the two.
  3. Goblin War: The mystery of the Hobgoblin finally unveiled. Fans consider his defeat cheap and underwhelming, but I think it's a fitting one to be taken down by the Green Goblin, or as he said about himself: "The one true Goblin". Too bad Neil Ross's performance as the masked menace is ingrating.
  4. Turning Point: I have a few negatives when it comes to this episode, they start with Madamme Web, another one to note is changing GG from one being amazed at the youth of his enemy to being the whiny wuss they made of Norman Osborn. I'm very happy The Spectacular Spider-Man did justice to the character. I love that they placed in moments of three big classic Green Goblin stories, one of them is the party scene from the Spectacular Spider-Man magazine #2.
  5. Guilty: Taking bulletpoints from the long arc of Joe Robertson going to prison, and a single story issue from before the symbiote days of Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man about J. Jonah Jameson showing his investigative chops, it's been done nicely.
  6. Sting of the Scorpion: He's my favorite Spider-Man villain, of course his debut episode has to be listed here. I couldn't help but wonder why they chose to give Mc Gargan the design of Arthur "Nose" Norton, an informant for Ned Leeds in Roger Stern's run on Amazing Spider-Man, and where did his pot belly go?
  7. The Spider-Slayer arc: The funniest episodes in the show, I love to watch them every once in a while for a good laugh. The arc is well written, for the most part. This arc clearly takes place after the Scorpion episode.
  8. Enter the Punisher: This stuff is just amazing, it also indirectly involves the Kraven debut episode, and the two episodes this one is sandwiched between.
The numbered list is me making sure I made the right number of episodes before sharing my list.

I'd have to throw I Really, Really Hate Clones in my top 10. IMO it's one of the best episodes of the series and really pulls what had been a pretty lackluster ending out of the garbage.

"That sounds like a bad comic book". That line is a classic.

When I made my latest list, I missed that Punisher is a guest star.

I think this series ended in an unsatisfying way. We never found out what happened to Mary Jane. Was she just a water clone all that time? Or if not, where was the real one? Spidey never got the chance to find her and be reunited. Why did they choose to end it that way anyway?

Was there any reason they waited so long to do Green Goblin? I love this show, but his portrayal was very weak in this series.

Was there any reason they waited so long to do Green Goblin? I love this show, but his portrayal was very weak in this series.

I know they said that the reason why Hobgoblin came first was because his toy had already been made. So I'm assuming they wanted to use him for a bit while trying to lay down any groundwork for Norman before bringing in GG.

Still the best Spider-Man cartoon after all these years.

I love this show's version of the Black Cat.

I'd agree if Spectacular Spider-Man did not happen. And I hate Madam Web.
I do agree about this version of Black Cat, I find her interesting, and I really love this take.

Black Cat had a nice voice. Ii was Jennifer Hale. She gave Felicia a rather sophisticated, high class feel. I think she was a better voice actress than the one who played Mary Jane. She also played Carol Danvers on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes as well as various characters like Giganta, Killer Frost and Zatanna on Justice League Unlimited.

I feel she could've been Mary Jane instead of Felicia, although then we'd miss out on her take on Black Cat.

I remember HATING the "Neogenic Nightmare" arc. It dragged on WAAAAAY too long.

I do agree that it was best that Jennifer Hale voiced Felicia Hardy instead of Mary Jane Watson for this show. Did you know she voiced MJ in Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon and the 2000 video game?

I thought the Man-Spider idea sucked at first. It surprised me that this was an original idea for the show, much like cosmic powered Madam Web, super soldier serum Black Cat, rich girlfriend Felicia Hardy, grumpy Anna "I hate Peter Parker" Watson, and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"