Spidey's Wisecracks... SUGGESTIONS

I think wise cracks can definately work in these movies but tmags doesn't fit the profile to pull it off and make it work successfully.....imo.

Have you played the SM2 game. Toby did the voice for it and some of his lines were hilarious. He even sounds great in the movies when he's given something to work with.

"Heres your change"

Indeed, both Spidey movie games show that Tobey can pull off one liners very well.

Spidey: *to Sandman* You're just a barrel of laughs, aren't you?

That's from Amazing Spider-Man #5...his school fight with Sandy.

ASM #4 that happens in actually :cwink:

Hilarious issue. Sandman is defeated by a vacuum cleaner. I wonder will Sam have someone make a joking reference about a vacuum cleaner. Jonah would be a good candidate for such a line.

Hilarious issue. Sandman is defeated by a vacuum cleaner. I wonder will Sam have someone make a joking reference about a vacuum cleaner. Jonah would be a good candidate for such a line.

Agreed. :D :up:

Nope, he didn't have a reference to Spider-Man knocking out Doc Ock with one punch. The movie would have lasted a half an hour. ;)

Nope, he didn't have a reference to Spider-Man knocking out Doc Ock with one punch.

Why would he?? There's nothing humourous about that. You couldn't make a joke out of that.

But, with a man made out of grains of sand, a vacuum cleaner joke would be spot on funny.

Have you played the SM2 game. Toby did the voice for it and some of his lines were hilarious. He even sounds great in the movies when he's given something to work with.

"Heres your change"

:whatever:
Bro, I own sm1, sm2:EE, spider-man the movie, sm2 the movie and the abomination that is, ultimate spider-man.
Tmags sucks when it comes to pulling off witty banter. The only decent thing he's ever said as spider-man is the, "hear's your change" line. Hardly something to celebrate about and declare him capable of pulling off the wise cracks.
To me, the guy just sounds horrid. He's dry, boring, unenthused and lacks timing and delivery.

Why would he?? There's nothing humourous about that. You couldn't make a joke out of that.

But, with a man made out of grains of sand, a vacuum cleaner joke would be spot on funny.
Have you ever watched the INDY film, when Harrison Ford shot that guy who wanted to fight, that's Doc Ock, hits the floor as soon as he arrives...NEXT. That's damn funny to me, because it's basically what should have happened. :woot:

Have you ever watched the INDY film, when Harrison Ford shot that guy who wanted to fight, that's Doc Ock, hits the floor as soon as he arrives...NEXT. That's damn funny to me, because it's basically what should have happened. :woot:

Spidey should have shot Ock?? Ummmmm, no :dry: Or knocking him out cold with one punch, which would not help anyway, as we saw, the A.I. in the arms can attack whether Ock was conscious or not.

But someone cracking a joke about using a vacuum cleaner on Sandman, hell yes :hyper:

I think Tobey's delivery of "I have a knack for that" and his remarks towards Bonesaw were exactly how he should do it for the rest of the series.

Some Villain is throwing spidey around, says "you'll never stop me, i'm to strong" . Spidey ... kicks him in the nuts... "worth a shot".... it's all about how he says it.... :dry:

now thats what I would love to see. maybe sandman says that to spidey when they are batteling.

sandman: "what are you going to do?....poor water on me? push me into cement? suck me up in a vaccumn cleaner?" or atleast something that has refference with Amazing spider-man #4 because thats sandys first appearance.

as for spideys wisecracks I think should say to sandman, "time for a bath!" lol:woot:.

Those were the only instances were they weren't forced sounding.

From the game Enter Electro, when Spidey is trying to catch a train..but Sandman's not making it easy..

"Can't you find someone else to play with?"

Spidey to JJ: 'Hey, JJ -- does your barber use a ruler or a spirit-level?'

Spidey to Sandman: 'You know, it's true what they say, you never have a bucket and spade when you need one.'

Spidey to Eddie: 'The one day it isn't Parker takin my picture and I forget to iron my costume . . . oh well, at least I'm not having a bad web day.'

:whatever:
Bro, I own sm1, sm2:EE, spider-man the movie, sm2 the movie and the abomination that is, ultimate spider-man.

Good for you :woot:

Tmags sucks when it comes to pulling off witty banter. The only decent thing he's ever said as spider-man is the, "hear's your change" line. Hardly something to celebrate about and declare him capable of pulling off the wise cracks.
To me, the guy just sounds horrid. He's dry, boring, unenthused and lacks timing and delivery.

Well that’s your opinion. Personally I think that Tobey is more than capable of pulling off witty banter. Watch him in the bonesaw fight and tell me that isn’t a funny scene. That’s what frustrates me, Tobey can deliver the wisecracks but he just isn’t given enough of them.

Good for you :woot:

Well that’s your opinion. Personally I think that Tobey is more than capable of pulling off witty banter. Watch him in the bonesaw fight and tell me that isn’t a funny scene. That’s what frustrates me, Tobey can deliver the wisecracks but he just isn’t given enough of them.

I agree, and I think the quality of his voice is quite funny even when the lines are not -- something very cranky in the rough edges of his voice, like when he is on the front of the train and says: 'I got a few, yeah!' I'm not sure I can completly put my finger on what it is, but there is comedy in his voice even if there is none in the lines provided.

I agree, and I think the quality of his voice is quite funny even when the lines are not -- something very cranky in the rough edges of his voice, like when he is on the front of the train and says: 'I got a few, yeah!' I'm not sure I can completly put my finger on what it is, but there is comedy in his voice even if there is none in the lines provided.

Yeah you’re right. He sounds like a geeky but cocky teenager which is exactly how he should sound. I also love some of the noises he makes during the fight scenes. He sounds like he’s really struggling, which just adds to the realism. Listen to him during the building fight when Ock throws him through the window, he lets out a little scream ha ha.

Well, I think Tmags still sucks. His voice is flat, boring, monotonous and has no life to it. The bonesaw fight was crap imo, the dialogue and the entire scene. Maybe with Tmags gettin his girl, Jen knocked up and having a baby may add some excitement into paste-pot pete's voice :o

Well, I think Tmags still sucks. His voice is flat, boring, monotonous and has no life to it. The bonesaw fight was crap imo, the dialogue and the entire scene. Maybe with Tmags gettin his girl, Jen knocked up and having a baby may add some excitement into paste-pot pete's voice :o

Well I’m not getting my hopes up for SM3 in terms of wisecracks. The previous two films had very little one liners and I’ve seen nothing to make me believe that SM3 will be any different, in fact I’m willing to bet that with the tone of this film there will be even less wisecracks.

"messa spider-man, messa gonna ruin yousa day"

He needs to at least crack jokes to common thugs, as I understand if fighting these freaks of science would be a little nerve wracking so the commentary wouldn't be as lighthearted. If he's taking out some common bank robbers he needs to be a smart mouth to them. That's just business as usual to him. The first time he fights Sandman I know he'd be scared, but the second time he should make a couple cracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"