Transformers Transformers' Names to be Revealed Friday!

So before it was "If they're not going to do soundwave right, leave him out"

so they did

and now they're stupid?

Spark said:
What do you mean? He's confirmed for this movie.

E: What he said. ^

Although I'd prefer Corey Burton's choice of Phil Morris.

Sorry but I'm kinda in a funk. I have not one but two apartment inspections Monday and Tuesday. These types of things are stressful to me because in one weekend I have to get my apartment shining like the Chrysler Building. Plus it's like having a total stranger invading my private space.

Godzilla2000 said:
Sorry but I'm kinda in a funk. I have not one but two apartment inspections Monday and Tuesday. hese types of things are stressful to me because in one weekend I have to get my apartment shining like the Chrysler Building.
Aaah, okay. Hope that goes well. I still had boxes in my hallway for a year after I moved into my new place so I wouldn't relish that myself.

Every TF related site I got to is slow as hell so I'm missing posts.

zer00 said:
So before it was "If they're not going to do soundwave right, leave him out"

so they did

and now they're stupid?
Exactly. Man I'm just frickin happy I'm getting a transformers movie with the characters I like. Yeah they aren't the '80s design I'm used to... but I also understand that they were designed for the '80s. They were created in a different world then what we live in today.

I woulda been pretty ticked if what we got was similar to the fan mock ups were seeing pop up all over the internet. The 'fake test footage' we see everywhere. I wanted something much more complex. Something that looks frickin expensive. I wanted Transformers to get the hollywood treatment.

Cold2daToucH004 said:
Exactly. Man I'm just frickin happy I'm getting a transformers movie with the characters I like. Yeah they aren't the '80s design I'm used to... but I also understand that they were designed for the '80s. They were created in a different world then what we live in today.

I woulda been pretty ticked if what we got was similar to the fan mock ups were seeing pop up all over the internet. The 'fake test footage' we see everywhere. I wanted something much more complex. Something that looks frickin expensive. I wanted Transformers to get the hollywood treatment.

Well, Some of the characters, like Optimus, have been given a modern spin, but he does resemble his G1 look moreso than any other Optimus after him from various transformers cartoons. There are some designs I'm a little sketchy on, but if they have the same personalities from the cartoons I loved as a kid, I won't be too bothered by it. I'm encouraged by the fact they cast Peter Cullen as Optimus. I just hope they nab Frank Welker as Megatron.

Godzilla2000 said:
Well, Some of the characters, like Optimus, have been given a modern spin, but he does resemble his G1 look moreso than any other Optimus after him from various transformers cartoons. There are some designs I'm a little sketchy on, but if they have the same personalities from the cartoons I loved as a kid, I won't be too bothered by it. I'm encouraged by the fact they cast Peter Cullen as Optimus. I just hope they nab Frank Welker as Megatron.
Exactly. Couldn't of said it better myself. The characters are made by personality. As long as they are vehicles, that transform... Thats all that really matters to me. The most important thing is the personalities. If they capture the personalities we grew up with, I'll be very damn satisfied. I wasn't expected the robots to look like what we grew up with. Honestly, while cool in the '80s... it woulda looked lame and cheap in present day. They had to change, and I'm excited for change.

That said, I'm not thrilled about the flames on Prime because that doesn't fit his personality. But I'm willing to wait, to see him on the big screen. Then I'll decide.

The fans are killing this movie the same way they killed Superman. It was a frickin good movie, but the movie was killed before it was released. Fans wanted a transformers movie, they are getting one. Be grateful. Be respectful. Be mature. Some people are just so damn immature. Its ok to not like the designs, or to not agree with whats being done. But stop acting like its the end of the world and talking down on the work thats being done. People spent years bringing this in development, and just cause it isnt the visual style you were hoping for (not talking to anyone in particular) doesn't make this a bad transformers movie.

(/rant)

Cold2daToucH004 said:
Exactly. Couldn't of said it better myself. The characters are made by personality. As long as they are vehicles, that transform... Thats all that really matters to me. The most important thing is the personalities. If they capture the personalities we grew up with, I'll be very damn satisfied. I wasn't expected the robots to look like what we grew up with. Honestly, while cool in the '80s... it woulda looked lame and cheap in present day. They had to change, and I'm excited for change.

That said, I'm not thrilled about the flames on Prime because that doesn't fit his personality. But I'm willing to wait, to see him on the big screen. Then I'll decide.

The fans are killing this movie the same way they killed Superman. It was a frickin good movie, but the movie was killed before it was released. Fans wanted a transformers movie, they are getting one. Be grateful. Be respectful. Be mature. Some people are just so damn immature. Its ok to not like the designs, or to not agree with whats being done. But stop acting like its the end of the world and talking down on the work thats being done. People spent years bringing this in development, and just cause it isnt the visual style you were hoping for (not talking to anyone in particular) doesn't make this a bad transformers movie.

(/rant)

Off Topic I know, but Superman Returns did make back its budget and then some between foreign and domestic ticket sales. In my mind the only thing Supes had against it was everything that had transpired before Singer and crew retooled everything. But that's for another forum.

Anyways, I think the key to the success of the Transformers movie will be A.) A tight, well paced, well written script. I'm a stickler on this, believe me. I even pick apart movies I like plotwise. B.) The right voice cast for the the Autobots and Decepticons with speaking parts. It will be the voices that will sell the notion of sentient, alien robots from another planet. There is no room for 60's/70's type Godzilla movie Dub work. The right people must be cast in the roles or they should just not try at all. They are heading in the right direction by casting Peter Cullen as Optimus. Extra props to Don Murphy for being such a trooper and lobbying for Cullen as Optimus.

Honestly if the character designs looked like they do on the cartoon, they'd barely be able to move. Physics in real life do not work that way. Beast Wars had to make them more skeletal as well when they were in bot mode.

Forgive me if this has been answered already but did they comment on the presense of the Ark, Teletran 1 or the Robot:Human screentime ratio?

You know would would make an awesome voice for Bumblebee? Jerry Ferrara from HBO's Entourage. He has the youthful yet hip voice-exactly what BB needs!

entourage05.jpg

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Forgive me if this has been answered already but did they comment on the presense of the Ark, Teletran 1 or the Robot:Human screentime ratio?

as far as the human/robot screentime issue goes... they stated that it would be an equal mix... and then stated that they would not have a transformers movie without transformers being the main story or something along those lines.

Are these ALL of them, or just the main ones?
Like could we see more on Cybertron in the begining, and only these one go off to Earth?

HERES A PIC I FOUND OF BUMBLEBEE!!! it was just shown on AICN...
bumblebee.jpg

illmatikk said:
bumblebee.jpg

did YOU find it? I think it was posted elsewhere by someone else first ...

illmatikk said:
bumblebee.jpg
THat is massive. Can't wait to see what that looks like on screen.

My only problem with Bumblebees design is that you cnt see ANY recognizable parts on him that says he changes into a car....?

illmatikk said:
bumblebee.jpg
Wow, I can´t believe they actually built a full size one!

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
My only problem with Bumblebees design is that you cnt see ANY recognizable parts on him that says he changes into a car....?
Is that not good though? Robots in DISGUISE?

Um, they soppose to be in DISGUISE when their in their alt mode, not disguising their alt mode from us when in robot mode-if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"