Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Should I get this for ps3 or xbox?
And do you guys think its worth the 40 bucks?

I am thinking of getting it on ps3 but I am a franchise collector and since conviction is never coming on ps3, I am thinking should I get it on the X-Box instead?

The games are pretty much identical on either system. If you are thinking of playing the co op or the spies v Mercs, I'd get the game on whichever system you use for ur online gaming.

Should I get this for ps3 or xbox?
And do you guys think its worth the 40 bucks?

It's worth the full 60.

Get it for whichever system u play online games on. Spies v Mercs isn't to be missed

Man this game is so good. Been loving it

Yea it is. I took a break from my 2nd playthrough to work on GTA, might have to jump back on some SC: BL. Id like to get that new DLC pack but i think i have everything it comes with save for the Yacht Co Op mission

Holy crap. I'm sorry to hear that. Rest In Peace Mr. Clancy. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, it's kinda amazing how much influence he's had on media (movies, books, and videogames) and how much we've all taken in even if we've never read one of his books. It's not much different from writers like the late Elmore Leonard or Stephen King, where even if you don't know who they are or read their work, there's a good chance you've played/watched/read something else that is inspired, influenced, or straight up is based on something they've done.

Yeah, it's kinda amazing how much influence he's had on media (movies, books, and videogames) and how much we've all taken in even if we've never read one of his books. It's not much different from writers like the late Elmore Leonard or Stephen King, where even if you don't know who they are or read their work, there's a good chance you've played/watched/read something else that is inspired, influenced, or straight up is based on something they've done.

Yea absolutely and like those mentioned above, Clancy was one of those guys whose name generally meant quality. I mean his novels(at least the ones iv read) are incredible(HIGHLY suggest Rainbow Six) and then his name was attached to some great films based off those novels(Patriot Games, Hunt for Red October) and of course our favorite, video games. From Rainbow Six to Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon all of those series have been more than not, quality works. If Ubisoft keeps putting out quality Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon titles, his name will continue to be associated with great works. I hope they can deliver going forward, because he deserves it. He did a lot for the mediums he worked in. Sad day to hear he has passed.

Still not sure if that one map is worth 7 bux. I'll prob get it tho. Cant get enough of SC: BL

Been playing this for a few days now. And boy...do I ****ing suck at it.

....but I can't stop playing. It's tough, and I was never good at stealth, but the game is still a joy to play. I probably suck because this is the first Splinter Cell game I have ever played.

Good to know what the Homeland pack brings, considering I already bought it. And have yet to play it.

GTA V has pretty much been all I've played every chance I've had. At some point, I'll have to jump back into Blacklist. Might need to be soon, because Arkham Origins is coming out this month.

Been playing this for a few days now. And boy...do I ****ing suck at it.

....but I can't stop playing. It's tough, and I was never good at stealth, but the game is still a joy to play. I probably suck because this is the first Splinter Cell game I have ever played.

The game is definitely not a cake walk, even for SC veterans. Usually, though, it takes practice, and being able to learn a level. Basic stealth usually starts with figuring out patterns of the enemies and placement, and then kinda deciding what to do from there.

But, it definitely takes practice and not being afraid to screw up. Screwing up is one of the ways you'll learn what not to do.

Last edited:
So I've gotten a bit better. I am definitely player who goes the assault route when available. Overall my skills are...average at best. Should I give Spies vs Mercs a go?

So I've gotten a bit better. I am definitely player who goes the assault route when available. Overall my skills are...average at best. Should I give Spies vs Mercs a go?

I would man. You'll prob enjoy the Mercs side of it. Its a pretty intense MP experience.

Anyone here play this on the PS3? I'm looking for a partner with the Briggs missions. If anyone wants to help me out, send me a PM with your PSN tag.

So, I just found out they're releasing a new Splinter Cell novel this month. It's titled, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist: Aftermath. It's supposed to take place after the events of the game, so I guess I better beat Black List myself before jumping on into it. But, just fyi.

I've read all the previous novels, most of which was pretty good. Although the last two, Conviction tie in novels were a little...convoluted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"