Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Nah, don't worry about it. It's cool. I'll be bracing for it.

I think the signs are good, though. Despite that hiccup, there was also a weird sniping section I just played in the second mission right before Sam is dropped on the ground to start, that I thought was out of place too. They do seem to be on the right track again.

So, I'd be eager to see what the next Splinter Cell could look like if they build on what they've done.

Yea theres a few sections like that and im not sure what their intention was. I think that stuff would of been MUCH better in a cut scene rather than have the player do that. Guess they really are tying to give everyone who plays this game something they can enjoy, idk.

I finished the game last night and overall it was just fantastic. It's absolutely NOT as good as Chaos Theory as there were just one too many low points(forced action sections, HORRIBLE fps moment) in this game compared to Chaos Theory, which was pretty much flawless from start to finish. The missions also werent nearly as memorable(altho there were some damn good missions here) However, when this game was running on all cylinders, its REALLY cooks. While not as good as CT it deff deserves to be mentioned along side it. After the detour that was Conviction, Blacklist is firmly back on the right path. The story was also probably the best out of the series. This one seemed to carry the most weight.

I hope they continue to build on what they created in this game. I LOVED the Paladin and the ability to outfit Fisher. And after spending an entire game with the guy, i really do like Eric Johnson's Fisher. Hope he is able to maintain the role going forward.

Perfectionist mode + No Radar = Pure Stealth.

Thats a pretty tough way to go due to the fact in perfectionist mode your sonar goggles dont see through walls(making them completely useless). I wish i would of known you could cut the radar off during my first play through. Thought that made things a bit too easy when used with sonar goggles.

from Fan Expo

Published on 28 Aug 2013
Just days after the release of Blacklist, Splinter Cell devs sit down for a deep dive into the development of the game at Fan Expo Canada 2013 in Toronto, ON.
The Panel features: Alex Parizeau (Senior Producer), Patrick Redding (Game Director), Scott Lee (Art Director) and Kristjan Zadziuk (Animation Director).
Moderated by: Zack Cooper (Community Developer).

• Category

Gaming
  • Licence

Source:Ubisoft's YouTube channel

Finally beat this today. Easily my favorite Splinter Cell. waay too fun, creative levels, some really hard ones as well. Loved the story. Loved the characters, love the idea of The Engineers.
Really loved how the last mission youre playing as Briggs, nice little twist. The potential of The Engineers not being done excites me as well for dlc or a sequel

****ing loved this game. The new Fisher actually works. Can't believe it, but it did. Great characters and story; glad to have Splinter Cell back.

This is def on my "to play" list. I just want to hold out for GTA V first.

I definitely want to buy this, but I think I'll wait until Black Friday or something since I'm sure it'll be half off by then. Plus I haven't really had any time to play games now anyway so I think I can manage to wait.

great video zenith, thanks. blacklist is my first splinter cell game, and i'm liking it a lot. lots of cool systems like creating shadows to gain a tactical advantage, and the mark and execute feature. great voice acting as well.

great video zenith, thanks. blacklist is my first splinter cell game, and i'm liking it a lot. lots of cool systems like creating shadows to gain a tactical advantage, and the mark and execute feature. great voice acting as well.

If you are a stealth fan, i HIGHLY suggest picking up Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Its easily the pinnacle of the genre and you can see where the SC has evolved from and the game still holds up phenomenally well. If you are on PS3 snag the HD collection.

Your welcome and check chaos theory as pat said .

I bought Chaos Theory on the market place for $10. I haven't played this game in years. It's really amazing how much it holds up and still kicks serious ass.

I bought Chaos Theory on the market place for $10. I haven't played this game in years. It's really amazing how much it holds up and still kicks serious ass.

Yea it really does. The HD release on the PS3 was even better. That was probably my favorite HD collection.

I already got all of the trophies in the HD Trilogy when I rented it from Gamefly, but I still want to buy it when I get Blacklist. This has been one of my favorite series of the past 10-15 years and I want to have every current-gen game that I can from the franchise. Unfortunately I already have Double Agent (which isn't as good as I remember it being on the Gamecube) and Conviction was never released for PS3. But the HD Trilogy definitely had three solid games.

So pissed that the HD collection never came to 360. As an achievement ****e I would have been in heaven playing the original trilogy for achievos. Sadness.

Playing some of the co op today and i realize how few ppl play the game the way i play and the way the game should be played IMO. I tend to not use lethal force outside of members of the Engineers or if i absolutely have to use it. I generally just use my stun gun and other non lethal weapons, however like 90% of the people i get matched up with, just shoot everyone they come in contact with, most of the times leading to alerts. S**t is super annoying.

Playing some of the co op today and i realize how few ppl play the game the way i play and the way the game should be played IMO. I tend to not use lethal force outside of members of the Engineers or if i absolutely have to use it. I generally just use my stun gun and other non lethal weapons, however like 90% of the people i get matched up with, just shoot everyone they come in contact with, most of the times leading to alerts. S**t is super annoying.

Did you get use to the voice change and how do you feel about it?

Did you get use to the voice change and how do you feel about it?

I know it sounds blasphemous for a hardcore SC fan to say this, but I really liked it. I did not like Ironsides performance in Conviction and considering this Sam appears younger I felt a new voice was needed. I thought Eric Johnson did a great job. To me this guy is Sam Fisher now in the same way Daniel Craig is Bond or Andrew Garfield is Spider-Man etc etc

I know it sounds blasphemous for a hardcore SC fan to say this, but I really liked it. I did not like Ironsides performance in Conviction and considering this Sam appears younger I felt a new voice was needed. I thought Eric Johnson did a great job. To me this guy is Sam Fisher now in the same way Daniel Craig is Bond or Andrew Garfield is Spider-Man etc etc

That's ok but you see I have a problem with bad continuity, as you can see the made him younger, I just want it to be the same having that sense that yes its a sequal even before playing the game and if this wasn't Sam, it would have being better to me anyways.

That's ok but you see I have a problem with bad continuity, as you can see the made him younger, I just want it to be the same having that sense that yes its a sequal even before playing the game and if this wasn't Sam, it would have being better to me anyways.

Yea I know what ya mean, and I feel they should of just hit the reboot button on this rather than try to connect it to Conviction. However like all other SC games, this one stands very much on it's own and I think that helps the move from Ironside. If this was as story heavy a game as say the Metal Gear series, I think that sudden change might be more jarring.

Iv said it before, but if ur gonna play the co op, find a buddy. Iv had the worst time with the people the game has randomly paired me up with, but I played the first Briggs mission with ChrisBaleBatman tonight and that was a blast. Ur teammate can deff make or break the co op experience, which for the most part is really strong in this game and worth scoping out.

Iv said it before, but if ur gonna play the co op, find a buddy. Iv had the worst time with the people the game has randomly paired me up with, but I played the first Briggs mission with ChrisBaleBatman tonight and that was a blast. Ur teammate can deff make or break the co op experience, which for the most part is really strong in this game and worth scoping out.

I am thinking of getting it on ps3 but I am a franchise collector and since conviction is never coming on ps3, I am thinking should I get it on the X-Box instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"